The U.S. becoming a net oil exporter?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENIAC

Here's an article [URL REMOVED] regarding U.S. exports of oil, coal, and refined products exceeding our imports for the first time in decades.
Despite the notion that the U.S. is currently hugely reliant on foreign oil, the country sold 34,000 more barrels of petroleum products a day than it imported in November 2010. And, in both December and February, the U.S. sold 54,000 more barrels a day. Net imports have not been negative for nearly two decades.
Part of this has to do with weak U.S. demand in recent years due to the recession. The other part rests on the growing demand in our own backyard for not only crude oil, but refined oil as well.
I suspect this is actually a very short term aberration resulting from reduced demand due the recession.

EDIT: I took down the pointer to the article because it was a complete fabrication. It was propaganda being peddled by the American Petroleum Institute.

Nonsense.

That articles confuses petroleum products (like gasoline and diesel) with crude oil. We imported 8,576,000 barrels of crude oil a day in Nov '10. Then exported 34,000 barrels of petroleum products. :lol:

http://www.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/PET_MOVE_NETI_DC_NUS-Z00_MBBLPD_M.htm

Back