"Everyone I know who owns an electric car is a millionaire"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Matt Farah on last night's 'Car Show', while talking about tax incentives for electric vehicles. So, does anyone know where the rest of my millions are? :? They also had that hybrid Volt thing on for a quick, non-driving review.

I know this episode isn't up on Hulu yet, but you can see the episode with Dan Neil's LEAF review on there, if you've not already seen it!

I am rich because I have some good friends,
and still have relatively good health.

Not a millionaire, but thankfully a hundredaire,
or even a thousandaire (at least at times).

But that's because everyone he knows owns a Tesla Roadster.. It'll change.. A lot of these episodes were taped in late Spring/early Summer.

LTLFTcomposite said:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm working on my second million... the first one didn't turn out so good :lol:

That's good, I like that.

I was on track to being a millionaire [eventually] but then I had a kid...

Let's see, the Leaf is less than $30k (including tax rebates and whatnot), so does that mean that everyone that owns a $30k (or more) vehicle is a millionaire? What about those who own little crappy NEVs like the Xebra, Zenn, or GEM?

Maybe that statement could be a little different, perhaps he meant (or could also say) simply "Everyone I know is a millionaire." :)

The millionaire next door...

025%20TW%20GolfCart.jpg

I heard that quote, Mike, and thought about the fact that those hosts hang around with a lot of millionaires. And I'm sure that everyone he knows with an electric car has a Tesla Roadster, so yes, they're rich. He also said that he doesn't like the LEAF because he can't drive it to Vegas whenever he wants and "EVs are not for everyone". Dan Neil got it right when he responded that most people commute an appropriate distance for an EV's range.

any old timers here? Remember Dan Akroyd impersonating "Jimmy Carter", on an SNL skit from oh, maybe 1977 or so, the jist was "inflation is your friend", notable line from the skit: "I don't know about you, but I know I want to drive a $300,000 car, and live in a $1,000,000 home" :)

yup, just about there now 'Jimmy'

Back