Wouldn't be nice to have access to the LEAF pdf manual?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruimegas

We are so near to start to see Leaf's rolling around that I supose that the instructions manual of the car will be available by now. Wouldn's be nice to get a pdf version of the LEAF while we slowly wait until we get our car ;)?

NISSAN grab some extra points from your costumers and provide that manual here :D ?

I bet that costs $200 or more. I wonder if they will release one to the general public for a while or just the ones for the techs initially.

I posted this in another thread:

LEAFguy said:
Frank said:
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to see the Leaf manual? I wonder if it will be possible to get our hands on one of these before December?

Not likely prior to the release of the car, but this could prove to be helpful. On the Nissan website, click on the "For Owners" link on the top right of the page, select "Nissan Manuals & Guides". Select LEAF and 2011 and you will have online access to the documentation for the LEAF. That could be useful for those ordering later and want specifics prior to ordering. :)

We will probably see the manual online when the car is released in early December.

LEAFguy said:
I posted this in another thread:

LEAFguy said:
Frank said:
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to see the Leaf manual? I wonder if it will be possible to get our hands on one of these before December?

Not likely prior to the release of the car, but this could prove to be helpful. On the Nissan website, click on the "For Owners" link on the top right of the page, select "Nissan Manuals & Guides". Select LEAF and 2011 and you will have online access to the documentation for the LEAF. That could be useful for those ordering later and want specifics prior to ordering. :)

We will probably see the manual online when the car is released in early December.

The service manual, like the ones used to work on the entire vehicle? I would be very surprised.

LEAFguy said:
On the Nissan website, click on the "For Owners" link on the top right of the page, select "Nissan Manuals & Guides". Select LEAF and 2011 and you will have online access to the documentation for the LEAF.
Perfect! Once the first few people begin receiving their cars, there's a good chance Nissan will post the pdf user manual there. Gotta bookmark that page now. :)

I picked through the glove box of one of the static LEAFs at the drive event....they didn't leave the manual to be pilfered. Not that I was going to pilfer it, but I was thinking about taking photos of each page. :D

mwalsh said:
I picked through the glove box of one of the static LEAFs at the drive event....they didn't leave the manual to be pilfered. Not that I was going to pilfer it, but I was thinking about taking photos of each page. :D

who is to say the manual is even done? remember: JIT (Just In Time), the Japanese are MASTERS of this, it will be done when the car leaves the port of Japan, with each car. I wouldn't count on it sooner, and Lance may not even have a manual yet.

Did anyone notest that the option LEAF already show up in NISSAN site manuals and guides but it's not active yet :(

http://www.nissanusa.com/apps/techpubs

Can anyone contact NISSAN to make it available please...

ruimegas said:
Did anyone notice that the option LEAF already show up in NISSAN site manuals and guides but it's not active yet :(
http://www.nissanusa.com/apps/techpubs
Heck, the link you sent has not one Leaf but two! For some reason there is a "Nissan LEAFTM" option as well. I'm not sure I want to know about the Nissan Nissan Leaf :lol:

I looked at the source last night and was trying to hack it since the javascript for the LEAF isn't allowing you to select a year, but I didn't get anywhere.

It is odd that there are two listings for the LEAF. I tried both, I tried with and without the TM, but got bubkis.

turbo2ltr said:
I looked at the source last night and was trying to hack it since the javascript for the LEAF isn't allowing you to select a year, but I didn't get anywhere.
(I've said this before, but clearly I need to stop hitting refresh on this forum)
Why hack the javascript when you can just look at the format? Glancing at a couple of the other cars, it looks like the owners manual will end up at http://www.nissanusa.com/content/dam/nissan/pdf/techpubs/leaf/2011/2011-Nissan-Leaf.pdf. Please note - that link does not work - no one get excited :)

I reported last Saturday, December 4, that the owner's manual will be online on December 16. I just left the drive electric tour in Tucson and the Nissan tour guides confirmed this date is still on for the manual.

See last Saturday's thread here:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1897&start=10

The tour guide (the shorter one) told us that the manual will be available online on December 16. He said he is asked when it will be available dozens of times a day and it glad he can finally tell people the date. That was the only news I heard while on the tour.

ruimegas said:
We are so near to start to see Leaf's rolling around that I supose that the instructions manual of the car will be available by now. Wouldn's be nice to get a pdf version of the LEAF while we slowly wait until we get our car ;)?

NISSAN grab some extra points from your costumers and provide that manual here :D ?
I have them all. Don't know how to post them though. Volunteers??

Back