1 year update

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfcart

Yesterday was one year since purchasing my 2015 leaf S. In that period I've driven 13,622 miles, done 63 QCs, and 475 l1/l2 charges (mostly done with timer so I think number is inflated). I bought it with 22 miles and it had sat on the lot for 11 months.

At purchase leafspy showed 98% SOH and 61.53 ahr.
Today showed 94% SOH and 59.59 ahr.

Seems to be within expected range for my location. I haven't seen any significant difference in real world range since purchase.

That's pretty reassuring as I recently purchased a used 2013 Leaf SV with about 35,000 miles on it. It seems to fluctuate when I charge at 100%. Sometimes I get 84 miles, sometimes I get 79, and sometimes I get 94 miles. I recently took it for a drive and my total miles back and forth was about 160 miles. I had to charge 3x.

I am still not sure I will keep it as I'd like to use it as my primary car. I still own my gas car, but I really enjoy driving the Leaf. Have you taken yours for long drives say a vacation more than 300 miles? If so, how did you feel about the stops for charging?

Thank you

We are a 2 car household and use the leaf for my work commute and basically anything else within 30 miles or so from the house. About the only times we use my wife's truck these days is for hauling stuff, her work commute, or if we need to take a longer trip.

I did take the leaf on a 150 mile round trip once with a QC at our midpoint and it worked fine for that. I don't think I'd like it for much longer of a trip it's a hassle to sit around for 30 minutes to get 50 miles of range multiple times. If we're going out of town we just rent anyways, enterprise $9.99 a day weekend rentals are a steal.

I also QC quite a bit at the dealership near my office since it's free and there are lots of places to get lunch nearby. People say QC is not great for the battery but it is the only viable way to charge in a lot of situations where time matters.

If I can still make my 50 mile round trip commute in 5 years with this battery I'll be happy with the purchase. It was a $15k car after tax credit and costs $25 a month in electricity operate and it really is a pleasant car to drive. I assume at some point I'll be able to replace it with a longer range battery anyways I think the 30kWh would be ideal.

Back