Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, well still no reply from Nissan about what the hell is going on with FL deliveries. My guess is that they either have some manufacturing issue with the car they are not telling us or they just decided that the market in Florida just wouldn't mind if they had to wait 6 month longer then they though so that everyone in California can get there cars.

Apparently Florida need to run up it debt a little more to reach California levels of financial failure by building an infrastructure for cars that we don't have. Nice...ok still really pissed about this.

Perhaps FL is scheduled to be half underwater by 2015 so Nissan decided to NOT deliver there (and nobody told you about THAT either). :(

Perhapa the Everglades restoration "project" is just a cover-up for the natural flooding that "They" don't want you to know about?

Don't see how that would matter since California is filing for bankruptcy in 2011 and then falling into the sea on 2012. Oh no one told you that? Guess after that we might get an earlier delivery rate. :D

electricD said:
Customers in your state will not be able to order until late summer 2011. In the meantime, we are working hard with our partners to further develop the charging infrastructure in your area so your entire ownership experience is of the highest quality.

Man. If Florida gets to order in LATE Summer of 2011, I may reach retirement age before ordering in Pennsylvania! (and I'm ten years out!)

Ugh....I am getting more depressed by the minute.....

I have been obsessed with the Leaf ever since I saw it at the Miami Auto Show. I went home afterward and immediately tried to pre-register to purchase one, but the 20,000 car registration limit was already reached.

My question is: is there any chance I'll be able to get a Leaf by Q3 (Autumn) 2011? My current lease will be up in June but I can probably handle a couple of months without a car if I really need to (can borrow a car from an in-law). But if I need to wait until Q4 or even 2012 then I will have to start considering an alternative...

Has anyone looked into buying in another state (CA for example) and having the car shipped to FL on a flatbed?

I have wanted an EV ever since GM brought an EV-1 to my university in 1997, and now it's so close... I don't want to go through another round of car ownership without moving off of ICE!

electricD said:
Customers in your state will not be able to order until late summer 2011. In the meantime, we are working hard with our partners to further develop the charging infrastructure in your area so your entire ownership experience is of the highest quality.

Sorry that dog don't hunt. I've got all the infrastructure I need out in my garage.

Getting excited in Florida !
News from my local Nissan Dealer in Bradenton(Gulf Coast Near Tampa) is that their first charger has been installed . And they have a mechanic who has been trained for the Leaf .Also, they are expecting a Demo car in January And the Dealer has gotten several sales calls today alone on the Vehicle...

It also appears that Orlando will be a major rollout point for electric cars in the state. Orlando is offering free car chargers for Business and deals for residence too.. Orlando wants 350 public chargers by end of 2011 and they seem to be well on there way .. Only 110 road miles to Mickey-land ! Whoo-Hooo !!

Interesting to see a Florida dealer has an EVSE installed

gotta wonder as slow as dealers have been in the DC area in getting ready for the Leaf

Is this particular dealer just progressive, or is Nissan pushing em along

they may be and i would bet the only Nissan dealer outside of the initial launch states that has an evse installed. (guessing here)

Hi KMP647, Ive been kinda wondering the same thing... And I really have no good answers.. This Particular dealer is not high volume or seems to have anything special.. Perhaps it may have something to do with rollout configuration or the distance from Orlando... I do think Orlando is the key here .... Its Just not Nissan going heavy with Orlando, it seems to be the Whole industry...

Got the email invitation and signed up for the test drive at Sawgrass Mills on 1/29. So there is some signs of activity here in S FL.

Yep so did I. I signed up and I'm hoping that there is some one there that can tell me when I'll actually get a Leaf. Ordering late sumer with no planed delivery date has me really put off at this point.

electricD said:
Yep so did I. I signed up and I'm hoping that there is some one there that can tell me when I'll actually get a Leaf. Ordering late sumer with no planed delivery date has me really put off at this point.

I wouldn't bet on any real delivery info there.......

Yep, I'll be there too on Saturday the 29th. And I do plan to ask the question about order and delivery timing - if they haven't been told the answer, they should at least hear the question enough times to encourage them to escalate to their management that people really want to know!

Hello Again KMP and Fellow Leafers

Here is a photo(taken today) from my Local(Bradenton Fl) Nissan Dealer with a dual charger setup... I talked to The service manager too.. And there are a couple more on the premise for service.. Im told they are ready to go , they just need a vehicle to plug into and because of that they have the breakers off.. But will turn it on by request... So , I guess we are ready.. Just waiting for the vehicle(s) .. Still no precise dates when that will be....

firkinscharger2a.jpg

Back