Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no, nothing concrete.... just dependent upon how many are sold by Nissan
before we get a chance.

The credit begins to phase out for vehicles at the beginning of the second calendar quarter after the manufacturer produces 200,000 eligible plug-in electric vehicles (i.e., plug-in hybrids and EVs) as counted from January 1, 2010. IRS will announce when a manufacturer exceeds this production figure and will announce the subsequent phase out schedule.

phaseoutdiagramPlugin.gif

:shock:

Don't worry about the $7500 guys! If we're reservation-holders, we're in the first 20K to be sold. Even if Nissan decided to go back and allow more reservations and orders in the tier 1 states (which I doubt) then they'd have to sell an additional 180K vehicles there before coming back to us. It may seem like we're being forgotten about, but I don't think anyone thinks we'll be ignored to that extreme!

yup my latest guess for us in tier 2 :

order was "late summer"
maybe fall now with the disaster

get cars may or june 2012

what do you think?

I found this Article
And thought it was interesting...

Stephen King isn't scared of new tech
By MICHAEL POLLICK
Published: Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 1:00 a.m.

Stephen King
Author Stephen King charges his wife's Chevrolet Volt in the City Parking Garage on Palm Avenue in Sarasota on Tuesday along side Tom Harriman of Harriman's Inc.

The King of Horror, who spends his winters on Casey Key, wheeled his Chevrolet Volt -- black, of course -- into the city of Sarasota's new Palm Avenue parking garage.

He pulled into one of four free electric-vehicle charging stations on the first floor of the 700-car garage, switched off his car, and plugged in the long orange extension cord draped on the wall next to the space.

On the roof of the building, a 10-kilowatt was generating much of the power for the garage, including the charging stations.

"I just love it because every time you do it, it is like saying to the oil cartel, 'Here, stick this in your eye,'" author Stephen King told the Herald-Tribune. "It is like a license to steal."

Stephen King
Author Stephen King and Tom Harriman talk with reporters about the new electric vehicle charging stations.

Right now, it is difficult and expensive to get your hands on one of the few brand-name electric cars that are just starting to show up -- the Chevy Volt, Nissan Leaf, or Tesla. But judging from surging interest in the most fuel-efficient, gasoline-powered cars this spring, the charging stations at the parking garage and others planned by city government will not go unused for long.

"It really started in mid-to-late February, when gas prices became headlines," said Jessica Caldwell, senior analyst at Edmunds.com, an online consumer automotive website. That demand also is reflected in Edmunds' web audience. "Interest in hybrids, electric vehicles, small cars -- all that has been increasing."

King, whose scary novels have made him one of the best-known celebrities in the world, does not do many interviews. But Tom Harriman, who installed the solar electric system for the city, talked the author into driving the family Volt into town to help highlight the availability of the charging stations, largely unused since the city opened the new garage in January.

"Right now, due to the lack of vehicles, Mr. King would be the first one to plug into the unit itself," Harriman said.

But Sarasota's Chris Sharek, another new electric car owner, actually plugged in his nearly identical black Chevy Volt a few minutes before King rolled up. Sharek paid just under $50,000 to get his hands on the car, which he had to special-order from New Jersey.

"Instead of spending another 40 grand on a Jeep, which I was ready to do, why not go ahead and get a car that has more technology and way better gas mileage?" Sharek said.

He and King compared notes on their vehicles while newspeople circled around for photos with the mayor at the informal gathering.

Governments, both local and federal, are encouraging electric vehicle use by subsidizing charging stations like the four in the garage -- just the first in a series that the city will install during the next year, said Sarasota Mayor Kelly Kirschner.

"We are looking at areas like the bayfront park by Marina Jack, the Whole Foods garage -- which will always be free parking, too -- and possibly the Lido Beach area and St. Armands," Kirschner said.

Early adopters like King are paying full list price of around $43,000 for their electric cars, plus extra fees for shipping and delivery.

"As prices come down and you have more competition," Kirschner said, "you'll see better pricing."

"Hopefully this is another differentiating feature that will show our citizens and visitors that our downtown is truly a unique place."

King bought the Volt from Chevrolet about a month ago as a birthday present for his wife and fellow author, Tabitha King.

"In a way I am sorry I gave it to her," he said, "because I like to drive it so much."

This story appeared in print on page D1
Copyright © 2011 HeraldTribune.com — All rights reserved. Restricted use only.

2011-05-01.jpg

I didn't think anyone had a Leaf in Florida yet but I just passed one this afternoon driving back from Winter Garden Village. I gave the driver a thumbs up and shouted MyNissanLeaf out the window so he probably thinks I'm a lunatic :)

If whoever it was happens to read this, I'm dying to know how you got a Leaf in Central Florida already!? :)

Also, do you want to sell it? :D

Hey Hank,

I did see you in Winter Garden. And yes, you did surprise me a little shouting "my nissan leaf." But I've gotten used to it actually. I'm kind of surprised how often I get stopped, flagged down, shouted at, and asked questions. Especially at that intersection.

The leaf is #245, somewhere in the first 19 delivered by Nissan's PR statements. It was mine in California before I moved here.

PM me if you want more details.

So next Monday should be our day I guess.
http://www.allcarselectric.com/news/1063372_2012-nissan-leaf-more-standard-equipment-higher-price?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AllCarsElectric+%28All+Cars+Electric%29

I admit I'm having some mixed feelings now that they've bumped us to the 2012 model and upped the priced tag by a couple thousand bucks for that critical cold weather package. :roll:

You guys planning to order?

StrangerTides said:
So next Monday should be our day I guess.
http://www.allcarselectric.com/news/1063372_2012-nissan-leaf-more-standard-equipment-higher-price?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AllCarsElectric+%28All+Cars+Electric%29

I admit I'm having some mixed feelings now that they've bumped us to the 2012 model and upped the priced tag by a couple thousand bucks for that critical cold weather package. :roll:

You guys planning to order?

Also not crazy about the jacked up price for stuff I don't need, but I think I'll go for it as planned assuming Obama is still chipping in the $7500. With everything going on now you have to wonder but I guess he's still good for it. Seems like I could resell the car if I had to and not get burned too badly.

What's the deal on timing... do we have to order right on Monday or can it be some time after that?

Just got this email........

Hi John, thanks for reserving and patiently waiting to order your 100% electric Nissan LEAF™. We're very excited to let you know you'll be able to order your new 2012 Nissan LEAF next week.

So what is new for the 2012 Nissan LEAF? We have taken feedback directly from our customers by making the most popular optional equipment on the 2011 model standard equipment on the 2012.

This equipment includes a battery heater for cold-weather operation, heated outside mirrors, heated front steering wheel, heated front and rear seats and rear HVAC duct. The Quick Charge Port is also added as standard equipment on the Nissan LEAF SL model.

The 2012 Nissan LEAF is available starting at $369 a month/36-month lease ($2,599 initial payment – excludes tax, title and license)*.

We'll send you an e-mail when it's time to work with a dealer to pick your car's color, review options and get a quote.

Funny I just put the $299 down on an I Miev but the PayPal hasn't cleared so maybe there is a glitch..... :shock:

I'm soooo glad that we have all that "cold weather" gear now for our terrible, central Florida winters..... :mrgreen:

I received my email yesterday that I will be able to order next week. I am getting cold feet now. I really don't need another car. ;)

I haven't even driven a Leaf yet. I probably should drive one before ordering.

Ormond said:
I received my email yesterday that I will be able to order next week. I am getting cold feet now. I really don't need another car. ;)

I haven't even driven a Leaf yet. I probably should drive one before ordering.
Well, it doesn't turn into a commitment until you actually take delivery, although installing an EVSE is kinda expensive if you don't then buy the car, but you can put that off until you're sure even if you have to depend on L1 to start with. I didn't get to drive one until about a month after after I had ordered...it just worked out that way. However I was already very firm in my desire to own one.

Well, last Tuesday I sent an email to my Palm Nissan contact, who had previously told me he would sell the Leaf for MSRP, but haven't heard back. Also I see that Palm Nissan is not listed as Leaf certified on the Leaf "Find a Dealer" site. Maroone in Delray is listed, but since they would not commit to MSRP, they are out of the running. Curious if anyone else has had any success with any other dealers?

I just filled out the contact forms for Pompano and Coral Springs Nissan; will report back with what I hear. If I don't get responses tomorrow I'll break down and pick up the phone. :roll:

Okay, if anyone wants an update on South Florida dealers... I contacted all of these simply to ask if they were aware of the ordering process and would they commit to sell at MSRP or below.

(Royal) Palm Nissan - Agreed in writing to sell at MSRP, but not yet Leaf certified! They are trying to get that updated now. They are my top choice if they can get this worked out.

Maroone Delray - I ruled them out because they would not commit to sell at MSRP or below.

Pompano - Checking into it and will get back to me with a price quote.

Coral Springs - States that "pricing is not available at this time" even after I explained the process - wonder what they would do if they got an RAQ?

Weston - The only one that was already aware of the ordering process - verbally agreed to sell at MSRP, but will get back to me with more details.

Others in my 40 mile radius that I haven't tried yet:

Napleton (not Leaf certified)
Maroone Ft. Lauderdale
Pembroke Pines

Anyone else in the area found out anything useful?

StrangerTides said:
... Anyone else in the area found out anything useful?

I spoke to someone at Maroone in Delray a long time ago who was supposedly their EV advocate, but of course there wasn't much to talk about back then. I'll stop by and see if I can find someone to talk to; not sure I would rule them out just because they wouldn't "commit" on some price if the whole thing is not familiar to them. I owned a Nissan for a while and had it serviced there and the people were nice. That said, Delray dealerships have a long history of not having the best prices. Boca Raton does not allow for car dealerships in their zoning, so Delray dealers are the closest places for rich folks to shop.

Back