New PG&E EV rate schedule

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you making the 1 megawatt statement based on Special Condition 5 or some other reference?

Most residential solar will likely use net metering (NEM), therefore the exemption in #5 is not applicable.

Curiously, I see similar schedule S requirements in the other residential rate plans, and it doesn't appear to be a factor. Maybe it's nothing for most folks with/without solar.

foobert said:
Are you making the 1 megawatt statement based on Special Condition 5 or some other reference?
I took it from page 1 of this document: ELECTRIC SCHEDULE S STANDBY SERVICE.
Solar customers who are taking service under PG&E’s net metering tariffs or who utilize solar generating facilities which are less than or equal to one megawatt to serve load and who do not sell power or make more than incidental export of power into PG&E’s power grid are exempt from standby charges.
That tariff letter is old, but it is still listed at http://www.pge.com/tariffs/ERS.SHTML as the authoritative document for standby service. I suppose there could be an argument over "incidental export", but most of us import, rather than export, power when averaged over the course of a year.

Ray

BTW -- if any one is curious I find the new EV rate to be the most favorable compared to E1, E6, or E9a: http://foobert.com/temp/power.html

Obviously, I have solar w/ net-metering. Top chart in the link above says it all.

Your mileage will vary. I hope to one day release my program so other people can use it to generate the same and make the assessment from their own data downloaded from PGE.

It's almost the end of March and PG&E is supposed to transition those on E9 out to another rate.

Has anyone talked PG&E regarding the change? If I don't like the new rate that PG&E put me into, can I request a different rate without the mandatory minimum period (if any)?

greenleaf said:
Has anyone talked PG&E regarding the change? If I don't like the new rate that PG&E put me into, can I request a different rate without the mandatory minimum period (if any)?
I was wondering if anyone on E9 has heard from PG&E myself. I would of course prefer to stay on E9 for as long as possible so I don't exactly want to contact PG&E until the change is made by them. I certainly hope that one could change to another rate if the one PG&E chooses is not ideal and would not be held to the one rate change per year rule.

Spies said:
...I was wondering if anyone on E9 has heard from PG&E myself. I would of course prefer to stay on E9 for as long as possible ...
I just called PG&E, 877-743-7782, and was told they are still waiting for final OK from the PUC for termination, which could happen in days, weeks, or months.

I was told we should receive a letter giving us the option to choose, prior to any change being made by PG&E.

I'll be getting a ~50% rate increase from E6 smart, EVA, or EI smart, so I'm in no rush.

Back