Considering leaf - so many questions!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RonSwanson said:
What is "CC" that you mentioned?

jjeff is referring to Cruise Control, which isn't standard on the S ... but might be on the 2016 and later ?

I bought an SV for that reason. So far I like having it.

Edit: According to this link (click specifications) Cruise Control was standard on all Leaf models in 2015.

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/presskits/us-2015-nissan-leaf-press-kit

pmc said:
RonSwanson said:
What is "CC" that you mentioned?

jjeff is referring to Cruise Control, which isn't standard on the S ... but might be on the 2016 and later ?

I bought an SV for that reason. So far I like having it.

Edit: According to this link (click specifications) Cruise Control was standard on all Leaf models in 2015.

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/presskits/us-2015-nissan-leaf-press-kit
Yes, as pmc said and note on the S models that didn't come with Cruise(pre '15 it sounds like) not only is Cruise not standard, you can't get it :) well at least factory installed.
I'm not sure why some people have issues with the heater burning out, it's not real common but is expensive when it happens out of warranty. The non-functioning AC for the S-models was caused by a bracket causing undo strain on a rubber refrigerant line causing it to fail, this was a recall item and if not fixed, should be. Not sure what year Leafs were affected but for sure '13 and '14 S models, I don't believe the '11's or 12's were affected nor any of the heat pump Leafs.

Xosder said:
Forgot to also ask.....how can I verify a battery is brand new? Seen a 2012 sl for sale and the owner is claiming BRAND NEW BATTERY....is there anywhere I could maybe type the vin number in and verify?

It might show up on CarFax. Otherwise you'll have to ask the owner for the service paperwork.

Back