12/13 Through 1/5: Why No Deliveries?!?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hill

Any guesses? Am I nuts? Or do any others find it peculiar that Nissan seems to be letting TWO WHOLE WEEKS pass, before the next deliveries start back up. Two weeks, meaning it's actually MORE than 2 weeks, but if you knock out holidays and some week end days, there's still two whole week just laying there. :cry: This process - it never ceases to amaze me. I suppose we can be super optimistic and hope something will happen during that time . . . but from what I see on the spread sheet . . . some folks are getting bumped back, if anything at all. Maybe there really ARE a couple dozen that will get dashboards to open up . . . heck, maybe it's just a software glitch?

Then there's the whole 1/7 Through 1/19 thingie . . . don't EVEN get me started on that.
:?

still have Seattle and Portland this weekend then TN next week. then probably taking the holidays off. but i do see the point. a HUGE "feel good" publicity stunt to deliver a batch to people Xmas week. especially when Xmas is Sat. a mon-wed delivery would be ok and not interfere too much in holiday festivities. but then again, some may not even be home

I assume that we are sharing production with deliverys in Japan. This affects how many leafs are available for SHIPment.

I am disappointed that Nissan has decided to deliver very few LEAFs in December. It also appears that NO LEAFs will be delivered in the Los Angeles are WHATSOEVER! I have e-mailed, "live chat" and called Nissan regarding this. They just brush me off making up poor excuses. Not very good marketing in my point of view. Glad I am leasing the LEAF, I am not impressed with the way Nissan is rolling the LEAF out in my area (LA and LA County). When my lease is up I will remember this. How is it that people who ordered a day before me get their LEAF more than a month before me? Nissan- "uh, oh"

I suspect they WILL be making deliveries over the next couple weeks, but since it is the holidays if people are away they don't want to make promises they can't keep if customers aren't around. May not happen, but I always try to hope for the best. Anticipating the worst is, like, just a bummer! :D

Some of us have waited years for this day. This is the first mass-market electric vehicle since the days of the Model T. In the grand scheme of things, what's a few more weeks, really? In launching such a game-changing new product there are bound to be delays. I'm glad that these delays are still relatively short.

JPC2822 said:
I am disappointed that Nissan has decided to deliver very few LEAFs in December. It also appears that NO LEAFs will be delivered in the Los Angeles are WHATSOEVER! I have e-mailed, "live chat" and called Nissan regarding this. They just brush me off making up poor excuses. Not very good marketing in my point of view. Glad I am leasing the LEAF, I am not impressed with the way Nissan is rolling the LEAF out in my area (LA and LA County). When my lease is up I will remember this. How is it that people who ordered a day before me get their LEAF more than a month before me? Nissan- "uh, oh"

What do you consider "very few"? Remember, there is a second ship loaded with LEAFs slated for Dec. deliveries, and I'd be willing to bet that CA will see most of those, and I'm sure L.A. will receive some. I remember someone saying at the Drive Tour that the second ship (Dec. 20 for delivery the 23rd) had a substantial number.
How is it? Because you have no idea how many ordered before you...it could be a substantial number.

JPC2822 said:

If, by the time your lease is up, you still feel like the slight delay in delivery while Nissan made sure that the quality of every car was good is very significant in your overall ownership experience, then by all means, buy another brand. At least by then there will be more choices. But, as others have said, do you really think that they're "delaying" the deliveries (what were you REALLY promised?) because they're lazy, or stupid, or whatever?

I think the really strange part about Dec (so far) is not a single delivery in the LA Metropolis. If cars make it to LA homes by the Holidays then OK, I get it. Kinda seems that Nissan is focusing publicity on very specific parts of markets that have alot of EV team players, Government support. I guess not a bad idea and I am sure promises/deals were made for a "by 2010 rollout". No general charging map has even been created for LA yet! The next two weeks will be very interesting or very boring!

My speculation is the initial few for the media had special attention to expedite
Now there is a slight delay for the normal distribution channel to ramp up and process the vehicles
All just in a normal days work now

My speculation.

Jan batch of Leafs will be delivered this year.

Reason : Volts are getting delivered in the hundreds in month.

One more speculation : The Feb deliveray date Leafs will come in the next batch - probably end of mid-end of Jan. They get delivered in Jan/Feb. I'm guessing a monthly batch of Leafs in the next couple of months ...

I think people in the LA Megasuburb should relax and feel lucky they are getting a car in the first month or two. At least you don't have to wait another year to even order like all of us in NYC (even people who put their reservation in within minutes of it opening up).

I'm sure Nissan is getting these out as fast as they can and is concentrating on those markets with the most support for electric vehicles. If you really wanted to do something productive, lobby your local representatives to get more support in your area.

lne937s said:
I'm sure Nissan is getting these out as fast as they can and is concentrating on those markets with the most support for electric vehicles. If you really wanted to do something productive, lobby your local representatives to get more support in your area.

I don't need any support. I didn't need any support when I was only going to use L1, so I sure as hell don't need any now I've got L2! :lol:

lne937s said:
I think people in the LA Megasuburb should relax and feel lucky they are getting a car in the first month or two. At least you don't have to wait another year to even order like all of us in NYC (even people who put their reservation in within minutes of it opening up).

I think it will be more than a year until you are able to order from NYC. I am guessing late summer at best, based upon the Tier 2 delay.

well i see there were 160 Volts being loaded for delivery the other day. i guessing trying to rush them to customers in 2010. but that does not beat the Leaf. the Leaf was also distributed in Japan so if you add that up, Nissan is way ahead.

now we will have 6 well publicized deliveries in a few days then a bundle after that, then the flood gates will open up. there are about 50 just on our spreadsheet alone and we account for how many of the reservationists? i kinda thought that we represented a goodly amount but now i am beginning to doubt that. i wonder where all the other people are? or maybe they are not online. i kinda find that hard to believe these days.

but then again, i think we are probably just a bit more anxious. we have been wanting longer, dreaming longer, waiting longer...

i still see Nissan taking a break for the holidays though. after this week, i see nothing until Jan...bummer huh?

DaveinOlyWA said:
there are about 50 just on our spreadsheet alone and we account for how many of the reservationists? i kinda thought that we represented a goodly amount but now i am beginning to doubt that.
Not among all who reserved, but doesn't that spreadsheet itself provide a fairly accurate answer for people ordering the car? As I look at the stats tonight the range of VINs reported there is 215, and 35 people have reported VINs. That's 30% of the whole earliest-order population right there. We have to assume that there are many lurkers who have never posted, many posters who haven't bothered putting their data in yet because they know they still have a long wait, and undoubted a few posters who prefer not to provide any personal information. I'd say that it is a safe bet that more than half the people in the US who have ordered, or who will order as soon as they can, are following this board.

Back