1st Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gudy

It's been many years... And I still have my Leaf (the first one sold), but I haven't been using it at all for quite a few years now. I don't want to sell it (yet) but was wondering if maybe a museum would be interested in displaying it. I don't have any experience in that regard, and what to expect. I'd be hoping they'd pay for the insurance, and potentially compensate me as well. Would anyone here have thoughts about it?

It's been many years... And I still have my Leaf (the first one sold), but I haven't been using it at all for quite a few years now. I don't want to sell it (yet) but was wondering if maybe a museum would be interested in displaying it. I don't have any experience in that regard, and what to expect. I'd be hoping they'd pay for the insurance, and potentially compensate me as well. Would anyone here have thoughts about it?
I still use my 2012 for local trips. On Cape Cod it is good for 30 miles one way on a 30 F day. Hyannis provides the most J1772 charge options.

I would guess the best you could expect is they would come pick it up for free and give you a receipt if they are a non-profit, that MAY allow you a tax deduction. (Check with your tax man before assuming). It would require you give up title to the vehicle. If you want to retain ownership, then I think you are on your own.

Back