20 J1772 plugs at Disneyland California!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Valdemar said:
No news here? I plan to visit the park and would love to drive my Leaf there but for a 110+ mile round-trip I will need at least 3 hours of L2 charging to feel comfortable on the way back. There is the QC station at Mitsubishi HQ nearby but I don't want to put all my bets on it, plug levers do get broken as practice shows. There is a ChargePoint station at Anaheim City Hall parking but I'm not sure if my car sitting all day there will be okay, either from the parking rules or blocking the charger points of view.
Bring your L1 EVSE http://www.recargo.com/sites/3663

Depending on how soon you're planning to go, you might also check and see if the ChargePoint at the Walgreens on Katella/Euclid is operational by the time you go. It's currently listed as Future/Unavailable. About an extra 2 mile walk each way. I was actually going to try that for a few hours this evening but got tied up with other things and didn't make it down there; good thing, since I hadn't seen that it's still offline.

Of course, that may be better / more polite for annual passholders who are just going for a few hours, rather than tying it up all day.

http://www.recargo.com/sites/4534" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This Wednesday. 2 miles on foot may easily feel like 10 on the way back after spending whole day at Disneyland ;) I thought I'd drop my family by the entrance, then drive to the City Hall parking structure, park/plug in there, take bus 43 back to the park (takes up to 30 mins with walking to/waiting at the bus stop), meet my family, spend 3-4hrs there, then hop on the bus and go back to pick up the car, drive back, park for $15 at the park, spend the rest of the day there see the fireworks and be on the way home. Doable but not sure if it is worth the hassle. L1 charging at the parking structure seems most convenient.

No chargers at Disneyland. This makes Disneyland one of the saddest places on earth for EV's. :(

I'm going there next month as well. I'll leave them a comment in their comment box.

mbutter said:
I continue to be puzzled why so many EV drivers expect free charging stations everywhere.
Last time I went to Seal Beach for a couple souvenirs ... the parking lot taps you for $6 ... and then they tap you $6 to charge. I don't mind paying up to 50¢ per kWh ... but $1 per kWh? ... wth? . . . And how is they can charge you anyway when California's backwards legislation only allows authentic utility companies to charge for electricity. Isn't that why most lots do it by charging for the space? Anyway, to add insult to injury, the lot only lets you charge for 2 hours. So ... you better be less then 10 miles from home, or have a lot left in the battery already. Anyway - we "overstayed" out 2 hours ... hoping to not get caught and ticketed ... racking up 2.4 hours charge time while we shopped. I wrote the mayor suggesting a 2 hour limit does little good for most ... even at L2. But ... if they're only going to let you be on charge for 2 hours ... it'd take for ever to pay for the EVSE ... maybe that's the rational for $1 per kWh.
:?

I have done that many times already. The official answer I got back is that they are considering it but have no plans at the present time nor any schedule for future implementation. They recommended charging at City Hall!

EVDrive said:
No chargers at Disneyland. This makes Disneyland one of the saddest places on earth for EV's. :(
I'm going there next month as well. I'll leave them a comment in their comment box.

hill said:
And how is they can charge you anyway when California's backwards legislation only allows authentic utility companies to charge for electricity.
That's not true any longer - EV charging stations are allowed to charge by the kWh.

hill said:
[

Next, suppose Disneyland offered no EV charging but Universal Studios and Knott's Berry Farm did offer charging as above. Which theme park would you visit most often?
I know many who'd never grace the door of 6 flags, as often their customers feel like they just entered gangland. On the other hand ... high prices tend to keep the riff raff from ever entering a theme park.
;)
.[/quote]I get it that you live in southern OC and talk about riff raff passes for polite cocktail party chatter, but i expect to read that kind of remark at breitbart's site or michelle malkin's cesspool. Here it seems a tad out of place.

thankyouOB said:
I get it that you live in southern OC and talk about riff raff passes for polite cocktail party chatter, but i expect to read that kind of remark at breitbart's site or michelle malkin's cesspool. Here it seems a tad out of place.
Hey . . . . I may still go to magic mountain ... if they had chargers ... BUT:

"... On April 19, 1987, a gunman fired several shots into a crowd on the plaza inside the main gate, wounding one man and sending panicked guests running for safety. It was the third violent incident of the day, following two earlier unrelated stabbings. The park was evacuated a few minutes after the shooting, about an hour earlier than its scheduled 8:00 p.m. closing time.[20] Park officials modified security after the incident, including adding metal detectors at the park's entrance. ..."

... then again - with my 6-'5" frame & long legs ... I can still run the 40 in under 5.5 seconds.
:D
no ... no disrespect meant ... any more then if I were talking about hiking around Lake McDonald, Montana. Grizzlies are part of the landscape. You talk about it ... about staying away from trouble. Disney let people in for free - maybe 15 or 20 years ago (a poorly planned Halloween event). "Show up in a costume" was the only requirement. That day they had more trouble then they could shake a stick at. The admission price has never gone down. Go figure.

I don't know what michelle malkin or breitbart is/are but then again ... I don't think I wana, either.

I have stayed at this RV park, which is located at Ball and Harbor, and within walking distance of Disneyland. You might try and give them a call to see if they would let you park here and charge.

Anaheim RV Village
http://www.trailerlifedirectory.com/travel/campgroundsandrvparks/GeneralInfo.aspx?city=anaheim&state=CA&country=USA&cgid=280001499&cgcity=Anaheim&cgstate=CA&type=&g=&ad=535&or=False&vt=&adExp=False&pdfExp=False" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Valdemar said:
DC quick charged to 80%, plugged in into L1 at Mickey's. So far so good.
Nice! ... yea I think I posted satelite / birds eye photos of the 120v plug locations. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words ... at least for me.

hill said:
Valdemar said:
DC quick charged to 80%, plugged in into L1 at Mickey's. So far so good.
Nice! ... yea I think I posted satelite / birds eye photos of the 120v plug locations. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words ... at least for me.

There was a minor hiccup at the parking structure as they first told us to wait until they fill all spaces up to the wall, but then in a minute they showed us to a fenced corner spot at the NE end of the level saying they keep it reserved for Leafs, which was nice to hear.

Valdemar said:
There was a minor hiccup at the parking structure as they first told us to wait until they fill all spaces up to the wall, but then in a minute they showed us to a fenced corner spot at the NE end of the level saying they keep it reserved for Leafs, which was nice to hear.

Was there a 120V outlet for you to use?

GPowers said:
Valdemar said:

Yes, accoding to the attendant they kept it fenced off for exactly such occasions.

Valdemar said:
GPowers said:
Valdemar said:

Yes, accoding to the attendant they kept it fenced off for exactly such occasions.

That would have been a much better answer form Linda Trump, DISNEYLAND® Resort, Guest Communications. See the first post of this thread.

Back