2011 Model Year sold out

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lne937s

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101101/bs_afp/usautocompanynissanenvironment_20101101230739

A number of reports saying 2011 model year is sold out with all 20,000 vehicles ordered (not just pre-ordered). Presumably some fleet orders have pushed some consumers. Looks like the rest of us with pre-orders will be getting 2012 models (with vehicles being shipped beginning next October).

Maybe they will move up US production to help cover demand and compensate for the strong Yen.

lne937s said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101101/bs_afp/usautocompanynissanenvironment_20101101230739

A number of reports saying 2011 model year is sold out with all 20,000 vehicles ordered (not just pre-ordered). Presumably some fleet orders have pushed some consumers. Looks like the rest of us with pre-orders will be getting 2012 models (with vehicles being shipped beginning next October).

Maybe they will move up US production to help cover demand and compensate for the strong Yen.

This does not sound right. I think it is more likely that a journalist got the message mangled. However, if true, that would be good news, even though it would not help me in Pennsylvania....

Not sure how accurate that is, my preorder can't be actually ordered until "fall/winter 2011", I can only assume that will have to be a 2012 MY. FYI, this is the case for 36 other states as well.

FYI, if they can get the TN plant online sooner, that would certainly
be better for the U.S.

lne937s said:

It is all off of one lazy AFP reporter, (no one else came away from the APA luncheon with that story) and there is no way it is accurate. I had to jack the 'post of the day' for this one because everyone seems to be picking it up...just to try and balance the force.

http://nissan-leaf.net/2010/11/02/rumor-nissan-leaf-sold-out-until-october-2011/

I believe 2011 production 'sold out' in the form of RESERVATIONS. There's no way they have actual orders for 20,000 already.

Lazy reporting.....

Anyone reading this forum once a week should know that 70% of all Leaf articles have gross errors. Info from online articles is as accurate as a game of telephone or a dealer that now knows the day 20 Leafs are hitting their lot. I bet Nissan does not even have 2000 confirmed orders yet.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Everyone on this board who is planning to get the Leaf should be glad to know that they are "wealthy".

Not only that, but according to the article we are not early "adopters," but early "adapters." I suppose that means everyone will be jury rigging our own EVSE alternatives in our garages with dryer cords and Jacob's Ladders. ;)

I believe in evolution. Does that make me an "early adapter"?

I've observed on any topic that I have substantial informantion on, that a general reporter article on a presser/hearing/conference related to that topic usually misses the point, and has trouble with the facts and how they relate. You can't just show up with no background and expect to comprehend. Imagine what would happen if you local paper's political reporter was out sick, and they sent the gardening editor to cover the Mayor's news conference. That's why so many just cut and paste the press release for their article.

This is why blogs/forums by people deeply interested in a topic are informative.

Yeah, MYNISSANLEAF.COM!

Jimmydreams said:
I believe 2011 production 'sold out' in the form of RESERVATIONS. There's no way they have actual orders for 20,000 already.

Lazy reporting.....
There WAS a Nissan press person who said a couple weeks ago that Nissan had taken 20,000 $99 reservations ... whether 1% or 20% never show is another thing. It looks like there are folks waiting to get their spots, in any event.

Back