2011 Portland Auto Show

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrick0101

There are 2 Nissan LEAFs at the Portland Auto Show this weekend.
167911_495773183019_138510433019_6196710_5295459_n.jpg

I was really looking forward to playing with the telematics since I didn't do much of this during my test drives. Unfortunately the cars had to have the 12V battery disconnected due to some fire code.

You can see the entire album for the Portland Auto Show here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=495772368019&id=138510433019&aid=269909

The other plug-in cars at the show: Tesla Roadster (at Plug In America booth), White Zombie EV Racer, Chevy Volt, Plug-in Prius, Brammo Eneria+ & Empulse, Arcimoto Pulse, Green Lite Motors, iMiEV, Mini E, Navistar eStar, a 1917 Detroit Electric, Milner Motors, several EVSEs and a converted VW.

Good to see Wayland's White Zombie looking better than ever (been a few years since I last saw it at the NEDRA drags in Vegas). I'm surprised he did not bring Blue Meanie as well. Thanks for posting those.

patrick0101 said:
Unfortunately the cars had to have the 12V battery disconnected due to some fire code.
I'm pretty sure that is just a general show policy and not one of the convention center (or City of Portland) itself... Since we can climb around most cars, the show staff don't want a kid accidentally starting a car and putting it in gear...

DarkStar said:
the show staff don't want a kid accidentally starting a car and putting it in gear...
I understand the need for safety, but that does not mean I was not disappointed. There were several (non-plug-in) cars that were available for test drives (outside obviously). So with some cars (none I was interested in), I could have gone and tried out the telematics.

There was a LEAF at the Portland Marathon in October 2010 at the marathon expo (inside the Hilton downtown). Same situation - battery disconnected. You could climb around inside, but all the neat stuff wasn't accessible.

Greg

Back