2012 SL, C1OE1 0109 PARKING BRAKE error, "Visit Dealer"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solly

Hello all

2012 Leaf SL, a little short of 54,000 miles, 10 bars.

While driving in some miserable weather yesterday (snow / rain / wind mix) I had an alert pop up on the dash "Visit Dealer" and I got the yellow exclamation point.

Some work with Leaf Spy Pro shows me C1OE1 0109 PARKING BRAKE.
That's the only code showing.

I've tried clearing the code; it immediately comes back. The parking brake is not functional at this time, though I used it a day previous to this error with no issues. I generally use it two or three times a week.

The car drives fine.

I've not put a trickle charger on the 12 volt battery in several months, so that's hooked up right now and we'll see what a few hours of that brings. The battery was installed by my Nissan dealer in February 2017 when I bought the car.

An hour or so of searching for this error isn't really yielding anything. The couple of nibbles I've gotten seem to indicate a parking brake motor or actuator, with some moderately scary prices attached.

Anybody got any additional knowledge / experience / sources of information that they can share with me?

Thanks!

Solly

I've heard that water can get into the parking brake actuator and cause issues.

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17757&start=20

In particular, see page 3 where cappt posts his experience.

Hope this helps.

Hello all

2012 Leaf SL, a little short of 54,000 miles, 10 bars.

While driving in some miserable weather yesterday (snow / rain / wind mix) I had an alert pop up on the dash "Visit Dealer" and I got the yellow exclamation point.

Some work with Leaf Spy Pro shows me C1OE1 0109 PARKING BRAKE.
That's the only code showing.

I've tried clearing the code; it immediately comes back. The parking brake is not functional at this time, though I used it a day previous to this error with no issues. I generally use it two or three times a week.

The car drives fine.

I've not put a trickle charger on the 12 volt battery in several months, so that's hooked up right now and we'll see what a few hours of that brings. The battery was installed by my Nissan dealer in February 2017 when I bought the car.

An hour or so of searching for this error isn't really yielding anything. The couple of nibbles I've gotten seem to indicate a parking brake motor or actuator, with some moderately scary prices attached.

Anybody got any additional knowledge / experience / sources of information that they can share with me?

Thanks!

Solly
Hi Solly,

Did you find a solution to your error code? I got the same code and experience the exact same story as you do!

Thanks!

The parking brake on the early leaf is indeed an electric motor driven mechanism. There is also a sensor in the mechanism that reports the state of the brake. It's located beneath the boot and isn't too hard to access. I'd be looking for damage to the wiring loom around the mech or a blown fuse first.

Back