2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFfan said:
LeafinThePark said:
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a 2013 SV but wanted to get a sanity check on this deal. I just don't have the time to read through all 16 pages on this thread, so I apologize if this is somewhat redundant.

24 months, 15k miles/year
$229/month
2k down plus 1st payment and TTL.
VPP Program

I'm in Minneapolis

thoughts?

What would your payment be with no money down? Then I can tell you if you have a good deal.

$323

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a 2013 SV but wanted to get a sanity check on this deal. I just don't have the time to read through all 16 pages on this thread, so I apologize if this is somewhat redundant.

$229/month
VPP Program

I'm in Minneapolis

thoughts?

---------------------------------------------------

I love math (and my Leaf) so I couldn't resist your question. Assuming you have to pay the Nissan standard $395 drop off fee at the end of the lease, your total outlay is $8145 for the 2 year lease. Kumar's friend in Texas (see post) payed $6800 for the same 2 year lease. But you are getting 6k more miles to drive, 25 percent more than Kumar's friend. So, if you are definitely in need of, and are going to use, the extra 6k miles, your deal is certainly fair when compared to his. That said, I'm a grinder and a cheapskate from way back so I would like to see you shave about 5-10 percent off your total outlay to get a very good deal. Best of luck to you (and sorry about Percy Harvin - I would have liked to see him stay in Minn.).

Ron (Niners fan)

Corina1231 said:

$229/month
VPP Program

I'm in Minneapolis

thoughts?

---------------------------------------------------

I love math (and my Leaf) so I couldn't resist your question. Assuming you have to pay the Nissan standard $350 drop off fee at the end of the lease, your total outlay is $8100 for the 2 year lease. Kumar's friend in Texas (see post) payed $6800 for the same 2 year lease. But you are getting 6k more miles to drive, 25 percent more than Kumar's friend. So, if you are definitely in need of, and are going to use, the extra 6k miles, your deal is certainly fair when compared to his. That said, I'm a grinder and a cheapskate from way back so I would like to see you shave about 5-10 percent off your total outlay to get a very good deal. Best of luck to you (and sorry about Percy Harvin - I would have liked to see him stay in Minn.).

Niners fan

Thanks for the response. As it happens, I sent a request to another Minneapolis dealer and received what appears to be a better deal....$156/month with $2k down. I will be calling that dealer to see if there is something I missed and calling the original dealer to give them a chance to respond.

Yep...we will miss Percy, but even if some of the stories were true about the stuff he pulled here I say good riddance. that said, good luck to the Niners trying to stop him!

Corina1231 wrote:
My goal is to get a 2013 Leaf SL (which now has leather standard) for the same deal. It's ambitious, but time is on my side because I don't need the car until late June when my daughter gets her license.

...........................................................................................

Unless you mean June 2015 you aren't going to get anywhere near that same deal. They were blowing out 2012 models to make room for the 2013's. They wanted ZERO 2012 inventory for a month before the 2013 arrived. (Ended up being several months in most cases because the 2013 are just now getting to dealers)

Reply to Wonton,

You might be right, but our $2500 CA rebate is great (applies to purchases, and leases for 36 months or more), and our Northern CA dealers had the best lease deals in the country when I did my research for two months last year before pulling the trigger. Right now our local dealer is offers a 36 month lease on th SL that I want for $2999 down (which includes everything plus the first payment), and 35 more payments at $249 a month. When we get our $2500 rebate from the state, it is basically the same deal I got last October, except $24 a month more. Perhaps worth the charge time being cut in half? Like I said, I'd love to get it down to $225, the exact deal I got last October. The price of my 2012 SL lease car on paper is only $942 less than the Msrp on the 2013 SL that I want so I might get there, or at least closer.

Ron

I got a 2013 Nissan Leaf S with charge package last night. I am in California.

- zero down
- $185/month plus tax ($201 with tax)
- 24 month
- 15k miles/year
- $395 deposition fee

I am using VPP.

Thanks evnow for providing the spreadsheet. When I walked into the sales office, I was quoted a $235 monthly payment. After I pointed out some glitches in his quote, sales manager agreed to lower the payment. If I didn't see the spreadsheet, I would have thought VPP numbers are non-negotiable.

I am really excited!

LeafinThePark said:
LEAFfan said:
LeafinThePark said:

$229/month
VPP Program

I'm in Minneapolis

thoughts?

What would your payment be with no money down? Then I can tell you if you have a good deal.

$323

If you didn't get the QC + LED Package, then it's not a good deal.

Just drove home in a new 2013 Slate SL....love this car!

VPP lease
2yr/15k miles
$1000 trade allowance, no other $$ out of pocket
$269/mo with all FL taxes and ancillary charges included.

Couldn't be happier. Considering what we were spending on fuel in our daily driver, we're basically driving this beautiful new Leaf for about $50/mo :D Perfect daily commuter to complement the guzzler for longer family trips.

- zero down
- 24 month
- 15k miles/year
- $395 deposition fee

I am using VPP.

Thanks evnow for providing the spreadsheet. When I walked into the sales office, I was quoted a $235 monthly payment. After I pointed out some glitches in his quote, sales manager agreed to lower the payment. If I didn't see the spreadsheet, I would have thought VPP numbers are non-negotiable.

I am really excited!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is a very nice deal, my friend. I am excited for you! As I mentioned in my previous posts, I will be buying my second SL this year in CA. What dealership did you get your great deal?

Ron

Corina1231 said:

- zero down
- 24 month
- 15k miles/year
- $395 deposition fee

I am using VPP.

I am really excited!

That is a very nice deal, my friend. I am excited for you! As I mentioned in my previous posts, I will be buying my second SL this year in CA. What dealership did you get your great deal?

Ron

Thanks, Ron. I got mine at Nissan Sunnyvale.

Tsowen wrote:

- zero down
- 24 month
- 15k miles/year
- $395 deposition fee

I am using VPP.

I am really excited!

Ron

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Ron. I got mine at Nissan Sunnyvale.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tsowen,

Great!!!!!! Now I'm really excited! I got a great lease deal last October on a 2012 Leaf SL w/ added leather as I posted yesterday. I live in San Jose and leased it at from my small local dealer, Premier Nissan. I need to lease a 2013 SL for my daughter this June and have been tracking the inventory at Premier, Sunnyvale and Boardwalk. She wants the Ocean Blue color which hasn't come off the production line yet. As you may have noticed in the thread, people doubt that I can land the same deal I got last year. Your fantastic deal gives me great hope! My two months of research last year showed that CA, and particularly Northern CA, has the best LEAF lease deals in the country. You proved it again! Best deal this year - congrats!

Enjoy the 3.5 hr. full charging time (my 2012 takes 6.5 hours).

Thanks again - you provide people great numbers to match.

Ron

LeafinThePark said:

$229/month
VPP Program

I'm in Minneapolis

thoughts?

OK...Dealer no. 2 has given me a much better deal and sent me more details on how he got to the numbers. I am new to leases so would appreciate any feedback, but it seems these numbers are more in line with some of the better deals that others have reported.

2013 SV, no added packages. 24 month
Vehicle Selling Price after VPP: $30,289
TTL and other fees: $1,544
Total Cap: $31,833
Down/Cash Cap Reduction: -$1,845
Rebate -$7,500
Due on delivery ($1,845+1st month payment) = $2,000
Rate: 0.0020
Miles 12,000
Residual 63%
Residual Amount $20,844

Monthly payment: $155.14

He said bumping to 15k would add about $14-$15/month, making the monthly payment about $170.

Sanity check:

Here is the deal I have on the table for a base SV:

MSRP: 32985
CAP cost: 23962
+acquisition fee 595
------------------
Total 24557

MF 0.002
Residual 62%
0 down (paying title, doc fee, & 1st month upfront ($781))

24/15k @ 261.11 before tax

$277.43/month w/tax

Seem ok? About the best I can get in the area.

LeafinThePark wrote:

$229/month
VPP Program

I'm in Minneapolis
thoughts?

OK...Dealer no. 2 has given me a much better deal and sent me more details on how he got to the numbers. I am new to leases so would appreciate any feedback, but it seems these numbers are more in line with some of the better deals that others have reported.

2013 SV, no added packages. 24 month
Vehicle Selling Price after VPP: $30,289
TTL and other fees: $1,544
Total Cap: $31,833
Down/Cash Cap Reduction: -$1,845
Rebate -$7,500
Due on delivery ($1,845+1st month payment) = $2,000
Rate: 0.0020
Miles 12,000
Residual 63%
Residual Amount $20,844

Monthly payment: $155.14

He said bumping to 15k would add about $14-$15/month, making the monthly payment about $170.

Leafinthepark:

That's a lot of numbers. Dealers love to confuse customers with numbers and some customers love the minutia. I'm not one. I know the car business from the inside and can tell you that every number (including money factor) is negotiable, except taxes and licence. Keep your eye on the ball when comparing deals. The only number that ultimately matters is the TOTAL amount you spend for your 2 year lease. That is how much down now plus total of all payments plus total due on turn in date.

Tsowen (p.17) leased a basic 2013 Leaf S (15k a year max!!!) in CA with 0 down, $201 a month for 24 months which equals $4824, plus $395 turn in, for a total outlay of $5219. Great deal!!!!!!!

Kumar's friend in Texas (p.16) leased a 2013 SV (12k a year max) and will pay $6800 total for the 2 year lease ($2000 down, plus 200 mo. for 24 months which totals $4800, no turn in fee). His SV was equipped with all around cameras, navigation, QC port and 6.6 kw package. I include this info because I don't know what is standard on your SV. It was a fair deal in my view.

If I understand your deal on a basic 2013 SV (12k a year max) you would pay $6060 total for the 2 year lease ($1845 down, plus $155 mo. for 24 months for a total of $3720, plus I am going to add the Nissan $395 turn in fee which is in their contract you'll sign in the Finance office. Your deal would cost $765 less than Kumar's friend's but he gets the cameras and maybe something else (above) which may not be standard.

In sum, your deal looks fairly OK to me as long as I analysed your costs properly. If they honor the really low $15 extra a month quote (I'm skeptical) and you'll need the extra miles I would grab the 15k deal over the 12k in a heartbeat. You would be getting 25 percent more miles for 6 percent more money ($360) over the life of the lease! I woud have expected them to charge you more like $23 - $24 more a month, not $15 for the extra miles.

That said, I don't believe you should pay more than $6000 total for your basic SV deal with 15k miles. That's still $800 more than Tsowen paid for his $15k S deal, The SL only sells for a little more than 10% more than the S ($3k). To me that's worth no more than $800 (or 17%) more than the $5200 S that Tsowen will pay over a 2 year lease period. One way to achieve this would be to demand their 15k offer at the exact terms and TOTAL price of your 12k deal ($6015), not the $6360 you would need to pay for the 15k deal.

If that doesn't work, another way to get back to the $6000 number would be to threaten to walk out (like I and Kumar's friend did) when they hit you with the $350 turn in charge in the finance office. That is equivalent to paying $14 more a month for the monthly payment than you dad been quoted! Tell them that it is only fair they eat that since you have been focused on your TOTAL cost and they never told you about it or you wouldn't have agreed to the other numbers in the deal! You will have a very good deal if you get that knocked off as Kumar's friend did, or they reduce your payments as they did mine, to save you the $350 that they are bumping you for the drop off fee. You will be back to the $6000 number. Don't let them feed you that that fee only would apply if you turned in the car. Tell them that is absolutely your plan! Also, don't buy anything the finance manager tries to sell you, including but not limited to tints and service contracts. Just my advice.

I hope this helps you in your analysis. Best of luck! Ps: Matt Cassel and Greg Jennings to the Vikes?

Ron

Thanks Corina for the detailed feedback.

I was playing the dealers off a bit today and in the end Dealer 2 gave me the same deal as I outlined earlier but now with 15k miles (same $155 payment.

So I am looking at a 24 month lease with $2000 and a monthly payment of $155. If my math is correct that is a total of $5915 assuming the $350 return fee you brought up. I have tentatively accepted this offer and they will be getting the car in 3-5 days (it is currently at yet another dealer).

One of the reasons I went with Dealer #2 is how high Dealer #1 started while Dealer #2 more or less started with their best deal. Had I just jumped at the initial deal I would have been paying an extra $1776 over the course of the lease.

P.S. I know Cassel is a done deal...not so Jennings as far as I know. Would be great to get him away from Green Bay, but only if he is closer to Welker money than Wallace money. It's been an interesting week in Viking land.

tsowen said:

- zero down
- 24 month
- 15k miles/year
- $395 deposition fee

I am using VPP.

I am really excited!
I am curious to know: what about your deal was worth forfeiting the California $2,500 CARB rebate, which you would have received on a 36-month lease? Not trying to be a spoiler at all, just genuinely wondering ... Enjoy your Leaf S!!

Thanks Corina for the detailed feedback.

I was playing the dealers off a bit today and in the end Dealer 2 gave me the same deal as I outlined earlier but now with 15k miles (same $155 payment.

So I am looking at a 24 month lease with $2000 and a monthly payment of $155. If my math is correct that is a total of $5915 assuming the $350 return fee you brought up. I have tentatively accepted this offer and they will be getting the car in 3-5 days (it is currently at yet another dealer).

One of the reasons I went with Dealer #2 is how high Dealer #1 started while Dealer #2 more or less started with their best deal. Had I just jumped at the initial deal I would have been paying an extra $1776 over the course of the lease.

P.S. I know Cassel is a done deal...not so Jennings as far as I know. Would be great to get him away from Green Bay, but only if he is closer to Welker money than Wallace money. It's been an interesting week in Viking land.

Great! Congratulations! Love your deal. Just where I hoped you would end up. I've monitored this sight for 6 months and outside of a few fire sale deals like the one I lucked out on the 2012 close outs your deal (and Tsowens deal on the S model) is the best I've seen. And the 2013 is a better car than my 2012 - faster charging (less dead time so you can use the full 15k a year), wider wheels for better cornering, and more. Which is why I won't BUY one for a few years till the improvement curve flattens. Just make sure you get out of the finance office and off the lot without them picking your pocket. They are much better at this than the best of us.

You've helped all of us who will be buying this year. It is so important to know the lower end price the dealers can sell the cars for. My next SL lease won't be till June when my daughter gets her license. I have a black one, but she loves the blue one (school color). We like the SL's leather because of the dog and our climate here in NorCal which lacks extremes.

PS. Cassel will be a GREAT pickup if you can protect him and he has someone to throw to. Pressure is on Ponder to shine and stay healthy. Check Cassel's numbers a couple years back before he was pummeled by sacks and was injured. He was one of the highest payed free agents. I like Alex Smith but I'm afraid he is about to be reminded what it's like not to have a line to protect him (49ers a few years back). Hopefully, he won't get hurt and booed while on the ground like the classless KC fans did to Cassel.

timhebb said:
tsowen said:

- zero down
- 24 month
- 15k miles/year
- $395 deposition fee

I am using VPP.

I am really excited!
I am curious to know: what about your deal was worth forfeiting the California $2,500 CARB rebate, which you would have received on a 36-month lease? Not trying to be a spoiler at all, just genuinely wondering ... Enjoy your Leaf S!!
Hi: Assuming the dealer got to keep the $2500 rebate, I bet his drive off would have gone up $2500 if he went to 36 months; but it would be nice to see a 36 month quote, for sure. However, having just leased an S at $219 a month, zero out the door (after rebate) for 39 months, 12k miles a year, his seems to me the better deal: 15k vs 12k; $201 vs. $219; 24 vs 39 mos (he gets a new one sooner!); Since my deal was pretty close to the advertised loss leader deal, I think he did great. Plus he got an S model, which is pretty hard to find in my city. Take care, Bob

What is not clear to me in Leafinthepark's deal is whether the T&T is to be paid extra or if that is something already included into the overall down payment/monthly payments ?

If T&T is not extra then these are excellent deals.

Back