2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IdleGoblin said:
Just leased mine from Sunnyvale Nissan; the service package was presented but they mentioned it was optional, but need to have 6, 12 and 18 month service records when i drop off the car after 2 years. It didn't matter where i did the service, but i had to do it (Only Nissan service centers can do a service on a leaf, apparently).

Note that there is only ONE service item that is absolutely required by Nissan USA, to be done only at a Leaf-certified Nissan dealer, to keep your warranty in effect: the yearly battery check. This is to be done once a year, around the yearly anniversary date of you taking delivery of the car. This service is by time only, and NOT by mileage. The first two are free of charge.

Everything else on the maintenance list can be done anywhere else, including in your own driveway or garage if you have the skills and knowledge to do so. If you DIY, make sure you keep records and receipts of parts/supplies purchases, and of course record the date and mileage.

The overwhelming majority of the services on the Leaf, other than the battery check, consist of things like tire rotations, fluid top-offs, inspections, and the yearly replacement of the in-cabin microfilter. The only scheduled fluid replacements are brake fluid (1 year/15k for "severe" service, 2 years/30k otherwise) and coolant (125k/15 years for first flush, every 75k/5 years thereafter). This is from https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/ManualsAndGuides/NissanLEAF/2012/2012-NissanLEAF-service-maintenance-guide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but I don't expect it to be different for the 2011 and 2013 models.

IdleGoblin said:
evgood said:
Not see "$395 Disposition fee".

IdleGoblin said:
Hi Legolas and GoingForLeaf,
I leased my SV from Sunnyvale Nissan yesterday; worked with Chip and Ashley there. Have been negotiating for a while and asked them if they could do $6,000 total for a 2 year lease, they were very open about not being able to do it and said they would get back to me with a reasonable offer. Given the fact that i don't work for a VPP company and residuals having gone down (confirmed this with other dealers in the area), wasn't expecting much, but they said they would do the deal, but i would have to sign the papers the same day, which i did.

Here are the terms of the deal.

SV + Quick Charge, LED

Market Value $34,615
Discount -$3,920
Vehicle Selling Price $30,695
Document Prep Fee $80
License/Title $288
Tire/Battery/VTR Fee $8.75
Other Fee $39
Acquisition Fee $595
Tax on Collected Items $816
Total Cap $32,522

Down/Cash Cap Reduction -1,830.81
Rebate Savings -7,500

Base Payment $155.58
Monthly Tax $13.61
24 Month Payment $169.19

Down/Cash Cap Reduction $1830.81
1st Payment $169.19
Due on Delivery $2,000

Rate 0.00156
Annual Miles 12,000
Residual% ($34,615) 60+1 = 61%
Residual Amount $21,115

Tax: 8.75%

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more information.

For some reason i don't see that in the deal structure, but i have a disposition of 395.
The $395 dipo fee is a HIDDEN cost paid by you directly to Nissan, not the dealer, upon turning in your car at the END of the lease period. Consequently, you will never see it in the dealer offer. The finance manager hits you with it in the finance office and has you initial the clause in the Nissan Corp. lease agreement.

sc540i said:
I went to both Stevens Creek and Sunnyvale dealers. Steven Creeks responded quick and clean with better offer. May try to contact Trinh at Stevens Creek for the deal. I ended up got a leased SV with QC, cargo cover, splash guard, and mats from Stevens Creek when the offer from Sunnyvale off by ~ $30 a month.
Sc540i, so how does your deal compare to what these folks got at Sunnyvale?

evnow said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
I am curious as to why you got a 2013 as well? were you losing range or just wanted the more comfortable climate (heated seats, exchanger, etc) in winter?
All that + some more.
- I save some money (about $100 a month)
- I don't think the cars I want to buy next (Infiniti LE or i3) will be readily available by next Feb when my lease ends
- This helps someone else get into an EV

that is true. infiniti starts production mid spring 2014 which means not likely to be on showroom floors until late spring/early summer

[/quote]
The $395 dipo fee is a HIDDEN cost paid by you directly to Nissan, not the dealer, upon turning in your car at the END of the lease period. Consequently, you will never see it in the dealer offer. The finance manager hits you with it in the finance office and has you initial the clause in the Nissan Corp. lease agreement.[/quote]

Corina:

If this has been addressed before, my apologies, but...

If the disposition fee is paid to Nissan, and not to the dealership, does Nissan care where you turn the car in? Or could a leasee turn the car in at the dealership that gives them the best deal on their new lease agreement? And one step further, lets say they don't want to lease another Nissan, does the car have to go back to the leasing dealer? Or could it go to any Nissan dealer?

You seem to have the inside skinny on dealership procedures, I thought you'd be the person to ask.

Thanks

Kent

The $395 dipo fee is a HIDDEN cost paid by you directly to Nissan, not the dealer, upon turning in your car at the END of the lease period. Consequently, you will never see it in the dealer offer. The finance manager hits you with it in the finance office and has you initial the clause in the Nissan Corp. lease agreement.

Corina:

If this has been addressed before, my apologies, but...

If the disposition fee is paid to Nissan, and not to the dealership, does Nissan care where you turn the car in? Or could a leasee turn the car in at the dealership that gives them the best deal on their new lease agreement? And one step further, lets say they don't want to lease another Nissan, does the car have to go back to the leasing dealer? Or could it go to any Nissan dealer?

You seem to have the inside skinny on dealership procedures, I thought you'd be the person to ask.

Thanks

Corina 1231 responded:

My Leaf is the first Nissan I've leased, so I am not positive. However, I leased 3 Hondas in the 90's from Capitol Honda near my house in San Jose. All 3 times I was contacted by Honda Corp. about 2 months before my lease ran out. Each time they offered to allow me to continue leasing beyond my 3 year term for a 4th year at the same monthly cost. When I declined, I arranged a vehicle inspection at my house and agreed to turn my car in at Capitol Honda on the last day of the lease. Twice I went in a week early, leased a new Honda and the $350 Dispo fee was waived when I turned in the car there later. The 3rd time I just turned it in and paid the $350 bill I later got in the mail from Honda Corp.

As far as Nissan goes, I never asked those questions when I leased my Leaf. I know from other bloggers that as long as you lease ANY new Nissan (not Infinity) again at ANY Nissan dealership, Nissan Corp. will not make you pay the Dispo fee. My guess is we will be contacted by Nissan before the lease is up to arrange a vehicle inspection and drop off at ANY Nissan dealership in our San Jose area (since your lease deal is with Nissan Corp., not the dealer, really). I feel very confident that we can get our new Nissan anywhere we find the best deal, and Nissan Corp. will waive the Dispo fee.

Redjr said:

If it is a NMAC lease, the car can be turned in at any Nissan dealer.

Return Your Nissan

If you decide to return your Nissan, we'll make the process as easy as possible.

1. Before your vehicle's return date, contact the Nissan Lease Customer Network at (800) 778-4211 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., Central Time, to schedule a complimentary vehicle inspection.
This inspection takes approximately 30 minutes, and can be done at your Nissan Dealer, your home, or your place of business. It will be performed using a laptop computer, and the results will be printed immediately after the inspection. The inspector will review the report with you and address your questions. You will be given a copy of the condition report. A second copy will be left in your vehicle, and should remain in the vehicle until the time of return.Should your vehicle's condition change prior to its return due to repairs or additional damage, another inspection will be necessary. To schedule your re-inspection, please call the Nissan Lease Customer Network.

2. Prior to your lease maturity date, call your Nissan Dealer for an appointment to return your vehicle.

3. Complete a Federal Odometer/Lease Termination Statement at your Nissan dealership.

4. Sign and date the Vehicle Condition Report, which will be completed by the Dealer. This report compares the current condition of your vehicle to that of the original inspection report to ensure that nothing has changed.

5. Call the Nissan Lease Customer Network to report the return of the vehicle to an authorized Nissan Dealer.

To learn more about the vehicle inspection process (including conducting your own inspection) and to see examples of Normal and Excess Wear and Use, please view the Wear and Use Guide.

*Lease contracts dated on/after January 6, 2009 are subject to a disposition fee at time of contract termination, if applicable

More info about end of lease: https://owners.nissanusa.com/nowners/navigation/endOfLease" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

evnow said:
Update : The residual & Money factor have changed from May 1st. Money factor and residual have gone down. Money factor going down is good (will decrease lease payment) , but residual going down is bad (will increase lease payment). If anyone knows the new numbers pls let me know.

The below numbers are retained below for reference only. The new numbers are slightly different.

-----------------------------

Here are the guidelines for MY13 Leaf that Nissan has sent out. I'll work out what this means to monthly payments and update this thread.

All these are for 15k Miles.

Residual

Months - S - SV - SL
24 - 61% - 62% - 61%
36 - 48% - 49% - 49%
39 - 47% - 48% - 48%
48 - 38% - 39% - 39%

Money Factor - S - SV/SL
Tier 0 - 0.00168 - 0.00200
Tier 1 - 0.00168 - 0.00220
Tier 2 - 0.00213 - 0.00260
Tier 3 - 0.00393 - 0.00365
Tier 4 - 0.00450 - 0.00450

Note that the money factor can be marked up. So be aware of this and check the MF during your negotiations.

ESTIMATES :

Here is the excel file to estimate the payment : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1CIl2zp22pXRnNmMkZVZ0Z0N28/edit?usp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Taxes, Fees extra. Tier 0 money factor. VPP price is (Invoice-1,000) and Loyalty + VPP is (Invoice - 2000).

leaf-lease.png

Note that for S, VPP+loyalty figure with 2k down, 24 months can't be calculated, since the depreciation becomes negative !
Need some help on evnow's extremely helpful Lease Calculator Excel spreadsheet linked on the first page of this thread...

1) I gotta be missing something obvious here... On the spreadsheet's "Downpayment Calculation", a downpayment of $1,995.00 is given. Taken out of that is a first month payment of $198.94. The "LeftOver Cash CapReduction" amount however is listed as $1,470.96. Shouldn't that amount actually be $1,796.06 (downpayment of $1,995.00 - first month payment of $198.94)? There's a $325.10 difference there I can't account for. Where'd it go?

2) The "Total Lease Cost" on the spreadsheet example is given as $7,164.56 which equals the downpayment (1,995.00) + total monthly cost ($4,774.56) -- 24 monthly payments of $198.94 -- + disposition fee ($395.00). With the first month's payment included in the $1,995.00 down, shouldn't the total monthly cost actually be calculated at 23 payments of $198.94 instead of 24? It appears the "Total Lease Cost" calculated in the spreadsheet currently includes a total of 25 monthly payments (24 + 1).

Again -- being a newbie on the leasing thing -- I'm likely just missing some obvious stuff here. Any explanations would be most welcome :D

This Lease Calculator spreadsheet will prove an invaluable tool once I get it all figured-out LOL!

RonDawg said:
Redjr said:

If it is a NMAC lease, the car can be turned in at any Nissan dealer.

THANK YOU Ron, for digging that out for me/everyone.

That piece of information will save numerous headaches for me when I return my lease(s).

Corina1231 said:
sc540i said:
I went to both Stevens Creek and Sunnyvale dealers. Steven Creeks responded quick and clean with better offer. May try to contact Trinh at Stevens Creek for the deal. I ended up got a leased SV with QC, cargo cover, splash guard, and mats from Stevens Creek when the offer from Sunnyvale off by ~ $30 a month.

Between the two dealers, Stevens Creek offered a SV with selling price of $31,178.60 (MSRP = $34,910) and Sunnyvale offered a selling price of $31,248 (MSRP= $34,745). The monthly payment is $249.99 offered by Stevens Creek and $273.96 by Sunnyvale. Both lease terms are 24 months with 12k miles. There is $395 disposition fee at the end of the lease. The MSRP of SV from Stevens was a bit higher due to extra options but the discount amount is more compared to Sunnyvale. Both dealers were requested to use VPP discount program. I dealt with Sunnyvale few times over the phone and emails plus a visit. Stevens Creek simply couple emails and a visit to pick up the car.

sc540i said:
Corina1231 said:
sc540i said:

Between the two dealers, Stevens Creek offered a SV with selling price of $31,178.60 (MSRP = $34,910) and Sunnyvale offered a selling price of $31,248 (MSRP= $34,745). The monthly payment is $249.99 offered by Stevens Creek and $273.96 by Sunnyvale. Both lease terms are 24 months with 12k miles. There is $395 disposition fee at the end of the lease. The MSRP of SV from Stevens was a bit higher due to extra options but the discount amount is more compared to Sunnyvale. Both dealers were requested to use VPP discount program. I dealt with Sunnyvale few times over the phone and emails plus a visit. Stevens Creek simply couple emails and a visit to pick up the car.
Ok, sounds good. But, note, it is basically the same total cost of lease ($6395) for the same car and lease terms that these folks got at Sunnyvale, calculated down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee.

Sunnyvale wouldn't give you the deal these folks got and Stevens Creek did. Not unusual - car dealers can be very inconsistent as they push to make the most money they can on each car.

sc540i said:
Corina1231 said:
sc540i said:

Ok, sounds good. But, note, it is basically the same total cost of lease ($6395) for the same car and lease terms that these folks got at Sunnyvale, calculated down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee.

Sunnyvale wouldn't give you the deal these folks got and Stevens Creek did. Not unusual - car dealers can be very inconsistent as they push to make the most money they can on each car.

Both leases are no down payment option. The total cost of lease is different between two dealers. One is $6395 for the car with one or two more options (MSRP higher), The other is $6971. I probably did not get the right sale person at Sunnyvale to get lower price even after 3 rounds of negotiations over 3 days period. Stevens Creek got my business with one round of negotiation in two days. I could say Stevens was a bit aggressive at that time.

Thanks,

EngravEER said:
1) I gotta be missing something obvious here... On the spreadsheet's "Downpayment Calculation", a downpayment of $1,995.00 is given. Taken out of that is a first month payment of $198.94. The "LeftOver Cash CapReduction" amount however is listed as $1,470.96. Shouldn't that amount actually be $1,796.06 (downpayment of $1,995.00 - first month payment of $198.94)? There's a $325.10 difference there I can't account for. Where'd it go?

Any fees ?

2) The "Total Lease Cost" on the spreadsheet example is given as $7,164.56 which equals the downpayment (1,995.00) + total monthly cost ($4,774.56) -- 24 monthly payments of $198.94 -- + disposition fee ($395.00). With the first month's payment included in the $1,995.00 down, shouldn't the total monthly cost actually be calculated at 23 payments of $198.94 instead of 24? It appears the "Total Lease Cost" calculated in the spreadsheet currently includes a total of 25 monthly payments (24 + 1).

Again -- being a newbie on the leasing thing -- I'm likely just missing some obvious stuff here. Any explanations would be most welcome :D

This Lease Calculator spreadsheet will prove an invaluable tool once I get it all figured-out LOL!

You are correct. I'll check again and correct it. (For the record I inherited the spreadsheet - original author is unknown).

Pdelbusto said:
Brand new here and hoping I can get some help/guidance on leasing an SL in TX. The first quote I got was for $399/mo with $0 down, 12k mi/ yr and 24 mos term. Residual is 60%.
After reading some posts, that seems a bit high, no?
Anyone in the dfw area who can point me in the direction of a 'competitive' dealership?

Hi Pdelbusto,
I've been looking for an SL in San Diego. Best I have found is $364/mos. other details same as yours. I thought I should let you knew since there are few SL related deals on the thread. The best I got for SL with premium package was $383/mos.
Hope that helps!

evnow said:
EngravEER said:

Any fees ?

You are correct. I'll check again and correct it. (For the record I inherited the spreadsheet - original author is unknown).
evnow --

No fees in there as far as I can tell. I've modified and saved a customized-version of the spreadsheet, plugging-in different values to account for my lease numbers and West Virginia tax (West Virginia taxes only the monthly lease payment). But if you look at the original spreadsheet...

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1CIl2zp22pXRnNmMkZVZ0Z0N28/edit?usp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you can see there's a discrepancy in the numbers from the get-go... $1,995.00 "Total Down" - $198.94 "1st Month Pay" (with no other fees shown) = a "LeftOver Cash CapReduction" of $1,470.96? According to my math $1,995.00 - $198.94 = $1,796.06 -- not $1,470.96. That's a difference of $325.10 and I can't locate that amount -- or anything that adds up to it -- anywhere on the spreadsheet. Either 1) I'm missing something obvious or 2) the spreadsheet is flawed.

I thought you created the spreadsheet, but see from your post that you merely inherited it... so you may be as puzzled by the numbers as I am. Hopefully you or other forum members with a keen mathematical eye can figure-out why those numbers aren't adding-up.

That Lease Calculator is a GREAT tool. I just want to use it confidently knowing the figures it's giving me are accurate :D

My first post also and New proud owner of Nissan Leaf.

I made a Deal Friday, 2013 SV with Premium pkg. 2yr/12k per year . $299/month, $1000 Down includes first month payment and all other Fees(Tax, Reg, etc...)
I had a Trade In also . They refuse to talk about Car value they just want to know what I like to pay, I told them $249 and they come back with $609 :shock: and we agree on $299.
I would have press them more but they were giving me a decent value for my Trad IN so didnt push further.
Took 1 hr to wrap the Deal..

I was told due to my Credit they have to give me Tier 2/3, with Tier 1 I would have saved more like $25 per month..

Still dont have the exact Numbers because car will be transfer from another Dealership on Monday.
For some reason its hard to find Leaf now and I was told they are flying due to GAS price jump in last month and $7500 Fed Rebate.

Just my Gas savings for next 24 months will be ~$4500 plus $300 of Oil change savings and plus other maintenance work I would have done on my ICE in next 2 yr.
I might end up this Car Free.. ;)

Hi
Thanks to this forum and this thread I got a good idea on the lease terms to expect. With help from IdleGoblin I was able to closely match his deal w/o a lot of haggling.

Yesterday I picked up a Leaf SV + QC/LED Pkg + Floormats for $2K down and $175/mnt. Standard 2yr/12K miles lease terms, and $395 disposition fees.

Now to get my HOV stickers? BTW, can I drive my new Leaf in HOV lane w/o the stickers?

Legolas said:
Hi
Thanks to this forum and this thread I got a good idea on the lease terms to expect. With help from IdleGoblin I was able to closely match his deal w/o a lot of haggling.

Yesterday I picked up a Leaf SV + QC/LED Pkg + Floormats for $2K down and $175/mnt. Standard 2yr/12K miles lease terms, and $395 disposition fees.

Now to get my HOV stickers? BTW, can I drive my new Leaf in HOV lane w/o the stickers?

Legolas,

Thats a Great Deal $175/mnt.
Is your 2K down includes first payment and other Tax,Reg, fees too or that was extra..Is $395 dp due now or at return..

freshleaf said:
Legolas said:
Hi

Now to get my HOV stickers! BTW, can I drive my new Leaf in HOV lane w/o the stickers?

Legolas,

Thats a Great Deal $175/mnt.
Is your 2K down includes first payment and other Tax,Reg, fees too or that was extra..Is $395 dp due now or at return..

Yes, $2K down includes tax/Reg/1st month lease/etc. The $395 is due at return. The finance officer didn't even bring-it up but was in the docs. I knew it exists going in so nothing unexpected.

Back