2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pogoplug said:
Whats the reasoning behind opting for the QC port v/s the premium pkg? Sorry newbee here...I actually was looking for the basic S option to keep my costs down but decided to look at the SV as they dont have any S options in stock where i live. Just looking to justify my jump from being around a TCO value of $5K to now $6K

QC port adds a feature whereby if you use a certain type of charger called a CHAdeMO, you can charge a totally empty Leaf to 80% in a mere 30 minutes. Normally this takes 8 hours on a Leaf with a standard 3.3 kW charger at 240 volts; with the Leaf S, the QC package adds the faster 6 kW charger of the higher line models, so an empty battery would only need about 5 hours to charge. It is well worth the higher cost.

Leafs with QC will have a second, larger port underneath the charging cover. Ones without it have a blank cover over that spot instead.

Note that you cannot put a CHAdeMO charger in your garage unless you already have 480 volt electric service and about $15k to spend; these are all installed in public areas, particularly Nissan dealerships, and helps to extend the car's usability. Note that CHAdeMO vehicles are not (so far) compatible with Tesla's SuperCharger network, nor the upcoming SAE Combo Plug aka "FrankenPlug." However at this time there are more CHAdeMO stations than the other two combined.

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I have been following the Leaf from the time it was announced and have wanted to get one for quite some time. Right now I am very seriously considering leasing a 2013 SL with premium pkg in the next week or so. I live in the Chicago suburbs, and from reading all 90+ pages of this thread, it is my understanding that Leafs cost more in Illinois.

On page 82, NaperLeaf posts the detail of the lease that was secured this month in IL:

24 month lease, 12,000 miles per year
$326 down
23 monthly payments of $323
All taxes and fees rolled included into the payments.
$7758 total cost + $395 disposition fees

If I were to get a similar deal, but for a 36 month lease, I understand the monthly payments will be higher for the longer lease. What would be the equivalent bottom line total cost over three years (as well as monthly payments) so I will know what to ask for?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any and all help.

I know you mentioned your location but can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

Before you jump into this, what are you daily driving needs in terms of miles? How much city vs. highway? Will you have the ability to charge at your work/destinations?

It would be a very bad idea to lease or buy if you have unrealistic range expectations, esp. if you've been misled. This is still going on. :( (See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13264" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.)

If you're near the edge of the Leaf's range, winters could get dicey.

ayekay said:
comments anyone ?

ayekay said:
great forum.. thanks for the valuable info..

VPP
I'm trying to find what a reasonable TCO for a S with charge package + mats + splash guard in Washington state is?

VPP
24 mo
179 drive-off (which includes all fees)
$179/mo for 23 months
S with charger package + mats + splash guard

I've been offered $179/m for a 24 month lease with 0 down. but the dealer has no cars available and I need to get on the wait list. this comes to $4296

I'm thinking of going with a dealer who has a car is stock even if the price I'm offered is not as $4296

also on the GAP insurance, is there any additional paperwork you sign or if this part of the lease ?

thanks

Which dealer is this? Would you mind sending me PM? I'm also in Seattle area.

Thanks

RonDawg said:
QC port adds a feature whereby if you use a certain type of charger called a CHAdeMO, you can charge a totally empty Leaf to 80% in a mere 30 minutes. Normally this takes 8 hours on a Leaf with a standard 3.3 kW charger at 240 volts; with the Leaf S, the QC package adds the faster 6 kW charger of the higher line models, so an empty battery would only need about 5 hours to charge. It is well worth the higher cost.

It's well worth the cost ONLY if you have CHAdeMO chargers in your neck of the woods.

There are zero CHAdeMO chargers in GA. I thought we would see some by now. Seems to be very hit or miss around the country, from what I can tell.

I'd verify if any CHAdeMO chargers are in your travel or communting patterns before adding this option.

Hi,
I have a VPP deal worked out with a Ga dealership, the numbers match what I think they should be except I'm being told that the 24/15k residual value is 59% not 60%. Can anyone verify this?
Thanks,

Seeing these awesome deals most people have been getting made me excited to go out last weekend and see what I could do to lease a Leaf.

After the second dealership that excitement has dwindled.

It might be something with the area I live in but I can't get half as good prices as most here.

I was looking around Rochester NY.

These are all for the same car

Silver SV with LED and Premium Packages
3 year/36000 mile

First dealership:

2000 down
347 a month

Second dealership

2000 down
358 a month

or

3231 down (here I asked about taxes and doc fees which are $1231 here)
331 a month

Third Dealership

2000 down
368 a month

Surprisingly the third also offered if I pay the $1231 it would be the 331 a month as well.

I was able to get the residual and Money factor from the third dealership which was

Residual: 49%
Money Factor: .00228

Does this seems right? Would I have better luck looking out of state or closer to NYC for a better deal? Has anyone else leased out of state and know the process?

sonnylax said:
RonDawg said:

It's well worth the cost ONLY if you have CHAdeMO chargers in your neck of the woods.

There are zero CHAdeMO chargers in GA. I thought we would see some by now. Seems to be very hit or miss around the country, from what I can tell.

I'd verify if any CHAdeMO chargers are in your travel or communting patterns before adding this option.

I made the mistake of thinking back in January that I would not need CHAdeMO since there was exactly ONE in all of Los Angeles County at that time. Four months later, there are several.

For the S, the charge package also includes the faster onboard charger and rear view camera. For the SV, it also includes the better LED headlights. So even if you don't have CHAdeMO nearby, there are other benefits.

State : Oregon
Metro area/city : Portland

Color/trim: Super Black / SL
Options: Floor mats, splash guards, rear bumper rubber step, front bumper clear guard
Accessories: None

Total MSRP+destination charge: 36,240
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): 25,012
Total discount (or markup): 7500 + 3728 = 11,228
Additional fees: 424 (OR licence, title, admin fee), 595 (acquisiton fee), 2783 (Down payment), 98 (first month's payment) = 3900 total
Purchase or lease?: Lease

Date/time of reservation: N/A
Designated order month: N/A
First date able to request a quote (RAQ): N/A
Actual order date (when quote was accepted):

Dealer: Nissan of Portland

Delivery date: 06/15/13

Plans for home charging: Level 2 install eventually

Overall I think I got a great deal. This was one of their advertised specials. Love the car so far and there are plenty of places to charge up in Portland and Vancouver. I should be saving more in gas per month than the lease payment.

ice9mike said:

Options: Floor mats, splash guards, rear bumper rubber step, front bumper clear guard

Additional fees: 424 (OR licence, title, admin fee), 595 (acquisiton fee), 2783 (Down payment), 98 (first month's payment) = 3900 total

Can you tell me how much the lease payment is ($98?), and for how many months?

SouthLeaf said:
ice9mike said:

Can you tell me how much the lease payment is ($98?), and for how many months?

The term is for 24 months. There are a couple of reasons for the low payment. One, they reduced the price by 3728 plus the Federal tax credit of 7500. This brings the total price to 25,012. Second, there is more money given up front to the down payment at 2783. The residual value is 21,744. Finally the money factor is .00179. This makes a monthly payment of 98. You can check the calculation at cars.com.

If I had put no money down, the payments would be 219 a month.

I realize that it is preferred to pay no money down as it is a risk if the car is totalled, but I am ok with that risk (knock on wood).

This looks like it but need someone to confirm this is a good deal..

S model with charge package in Nor Cal for a 12K miles/ year - 24 month lease

Total Drive off : $3000
Monthly : $70 + tax

Planning to stop by later today to pick it up. Let me know if I should pull the trigger

This is a fantastic deal in my opinion. I am in San Jose and would appreciate it if you can share your source. SV is also ok with me.

Anyone else has a similar deal in San Jose area. Please share the detailed info. Thanks!

pogoplug said:

Planning to stop by later today to pick it up. Let me know if I should pull the trigger

Picked up my Leaf :!:

State : Washington
Metro area/city : Bellevue

Color/trim: Red / S
Options: Floor mats, splash guards, cargo cover

Additional fees: (licence, title, admin fee, acquisition fee, Down payment + first month's payment) = 2000
23 more payments at $140
VPP = yes

the only thing I didn't find in the paperwork was the GAP insurance. Is it a checkbox in one of the papers you sign or is it a separate sheet ?

Given that the $7500 federal refund goes towards the car, does it make sense to have GAP insurance on the LEAF ?

Guys, i picked up a leaf yesterday. Sv with led and charger package. With Corina1231's help we settled at $2k down and $170 a month for a 24mo lease. Thank you very much for the help Ron! It was great to meet you.

ayekay said:
Picked up my Leaf :!:

State : Washington
Metro area/city : Bellevue

Color/trim: Red / S
Options: Floor mats, splash guards, cargo cover

Additional fees: (licence, title, admin fee, acquisition fee, Down payment + first month's payment) = 2000
23 more payments at $140
VPP = yes

the only thing I didn't find in the paperwork was the GAP insurance. Is it a checkbox in one of the papers you sign or is it a separate sheet ?

Given that the $7500 federal refund goes towards the car, does it make sense to have GAP insurance on the LEAF ?

Congrats. Read the Nissan lease contract and there is a section about GAP insurance. It is built into the lease. All it requires is you carry 100/300/100k of insurance.

Ian B

Compuatic said:
Guys, i picked up a leaf yesterday. Sv with led and charger package. With Corina1231's help we settled at $2k down and $170 a month for a 24mo lease. Thank you very much for the help Ron! It was great to meet you.

The legend of Cornia1231 surfaces again......

pogoplug said:

Any comments???....i bought time till tomorrow morning

pogoplug said:
pogoplug said:

Any comments???....i bought time till tomorrow morning

Total cost of ownership comes out at less than $5k. Good deal, go for it.

Back