2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just got this deal from premier nissan last friday.

2013 SV w/ LED+QC ,24month service, VPP d plan pricing
24 month lease
250/month(base was 198 for 12kmiles/year), includes tax
2000 due on delivery
18k mi /year(paid .10/per for additional 6k miles a year)

i called several dealers that include serramonte, walnut creek, sunnyvale and none seemed interested to work a deal better than this.

I got a blue one with 5 miles on Tuesday. S model with quick charger and floormats in SJ. $1999.99 down, $252 taxed for 36 months with 15K miles. I figure with the $2500 rebate, it would take care of the down payment and essentially make the car about $235 a month. No BS extras. The dealer signed me up for a free charger, so not sure if I would get it. Now I am waiting for my HOV sticker. I do have to say so far I am not too happy as the charger at my place is not fully functional and the one at work charges in 110. At 110, 9 hours got me only an extra 30 miles where 30 minute on a 240 can get me about 10 miles. Since I drive on the highway at 70mph, the range has definitely suffered quite a bit

vsri100 said:
Finally got onto EV bandwagon ;-)
Picked one today.

Model: S with charger pkg / Metallic Slate
Down: $2000
Lease : 36 months / 12000 miles /year
Monthly damage: $207 ( including taxes)

Learned a lot from this forum which helped me in negotiating the deal. Thanks a lot to all of you.

Wow, good deal. Could you share which dealer is this from?

RonDawg said:
TDogg said:
702jesse said:
Got a quote for a lease on a 2013 S, no options. I've never leased before. Is this a good deal?

36 month
215/month - including taxes
3200 due on delivery (seems high compared to what I've seen on this forum)
12k mi / year

Las Vegas area.

Love this forum btw.
That's higher than Nissan's own lease ads ($199*36m + $1999 down).

Nissan's advertised lease special does not include tax, license, or any other government-mandated fees. I don't know how NV's sales taxes are structured in regards to car sales especially leases, but in CA those figures would be pretty close to correct if you went with the official lease special.

On my lease, taxes and reg fees were about $1400 and I have to pay 9% sales tax on each monthly payment.

Thanks for the response. I know the deal isn't nearly as good as some of the others I've seen here, but I'd say Vegas is a unique market for the Leaf. There seems to be less demand, which would suggest the deals should be better, but there's also very few Leafs available in the area. So the low demand and low inventory may cancel out each other's normal supply and demand effect on price. I'm still negotiating, so I expect to get it down some if I ended up doing the deal.

Corina1231 said:
TDogg said:
702jesse said:
Got a quote for a lease on a 2013 S, no options. I've never leased before. Is this a good deal?

36 month
12k mi / year

Las Vegas area.

Love this forum btw.
That's higher than Nissan's own lease ads ($199*36m + $1999 down).
For what it's worth, it's about $125 over dealer invoice on the S. Not a bad deal in many parts of the country. I'm not familiar with the Las Vegas market. Here in San Jose, I can get deals below dealer invoice, but many parts of the country are much higher. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback.

cwerdna said:
702jesse said:

36 month
12k mi / year

Las Vegas area.
Can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

What are your daily driving needs in terms of miles? How much city vs. highway? Will you have the ability to charge at your work/destinations?

Your batteries will likely degrade very rapidly due to the high temps there. Hope it still has enough range for you near the end of the lease. I'd guess you'd be down at least 2 capacity bars by the end of the lease, possibly 4, which would make you a "winner", as you could get it replaced for a 9+ bar pack (having lost between 0-3 capacity bars).

Thanks for the response, I set my location to 89015 when I registered, are you not able to see it?
My daily commute is 32 miles round trip. 90 percent highway. Charging at work may be a possibility, I just asked about it yesterday.
At 70% capacity I'd still get 50 miles of range, which will be enough for my commute. If it falls below that then I'll be eligible for the replacement battery. Due mostly to this forum, I am very aware of the battery issue and have carefully considered the consequences if it does happen. Which is why I'll be leasing and not buying ;-).

thongn said:
vsri100 said:
Finally got onto EV bandwagon ;-)
Picked one today.

Model: S with charger pkg / Metallic Slate
Down: $2000
Lease : 36 months / 12000 miles /year
Monthly damage: $207 ( including taxes)

Learned a lot from this forum which helped me in negotiating the deal. Thanks a lot to all of you.

Wow, good deal. Could you share which dealer is this from?

PM'd.

LEAF.jpg

I brought ours home today. 2013 SL + Premium. VPP pricing + 2/24 lease terms worked out to $359/mo, with only the first month's payment + title and license at signing. (No tax on EVs or EV lease payments in Washington, though!)

Hello,

Just wanted to know what are the current leasing estimates for a 2 year lease in Atlanta area for a 2013 Leaf ‘S’. The dealerships are quoting extremely high prices. I have talked to several on phone and through email (even went to visit one with deal almost finalized but they made me wait saying it's a first come, first serve, and another person wants to buy it, so sold the leaf I went for to someone else, didn't let me know about it until I asked them and then the salesman said he’ll arrange another for me but never called back).

This is what I got from AutoNation at Marietta dealership (I don’t qualify for VPP). It seems to me the documentation fee is just extra.

Vehicle Price: $31,265.00
Market Savings: $2,055.00
Vehicle Selling Price: $29,210.00
Sales Tax (estimate): $1,944.09
Tag/Registration Fees
(estimate): + $20.00
Title Fee: + $18.00
MVWR: + $3.00
Documentation Fee: $699.00
Balance Due (estimate):$31,894.09

I was quoted $366/month with 0 downpayment and $320/month with $1000 downpayment for a 24 month, 12K miles lease.This seems extremely high to me after tax (This includes charger package and floor mats, splash guards). Another dealership quoted $345 for 24 months plus $500 down in July. Is this the going rate now for leases?

I was hoping to get an S with charger package for a total cost of lease ~$7500. If somebody has brought a Leaf recently in Atlanta area and had a good experience, I would appreciate it if you could let me know about the dealership. Any direction would be helpful. Thanks!

Leaf2013 said:
Hello,

Just wanted to know what are the current leasing estimates for a 2 year lease in Atlanta area for a 2013 Leaf ‘S’. The dealerships are quoting extremely high prices. I have talked to several on phone and through email (even went to visit one with deal almost finalized but they made me wait saying it's a first come, first serve, and another person wants to buy it, so sold the leaf I went for to someone else, didn't let me know about it until I asked them and then the salesman said he’ll arrange another for me but never called back).

This is what I got from AutoNation at Marietta dealership (I don’t qualify for VPP). It seems to me the documentation fee is just extra.

Vehicle Price: $31,265.00
Market Savings: $2,055.00
Vehicle Selling Price: $29,210.00
Sales Tax (estimate): $1,944.09
Tag/Registration Fees
(estimate): + $20.00
Title Fee: + $18.00
MVWR: + $3.00
Documentation Fee: $699.00
Balance Due (estimate):$31,894.09

I was quoted $366/month with 0 downpayment and $320/month with $1000 downpayment for a 24 month, 12K miles lease.This seems extremely high to me after tax (This includes charger package and floor mats, splash guards). Another dealership quoted $345 for 24 months plus $500 down in July. Is this the going rate now for leases?

I was hoping to get an S with charger package for a total cost of lease ~$7500. If somebody has brought a Leaf recently in Atlanta area and had a good experience, I would appreciate it if you could let me know about the dealership. Any direction would be helpful. Thanks!
Best to focus on what you are paying for the car, since Nissan Corp. sets their lease terms. Here, they are quoting you a selling price right at dealer invoice, but then adding a $699 doc fee that is about $80 in CA and most elsewhere. So, essentially, it is as if you are paying $600 over dealer invoice for the car. That's high, but I don't know your supply and demand in GA. and, the dealers know, of course, that you get that great state rebate back. Hope this helps.

Leaf2013 said:

You should be able to get ~$6k total lease cost for a S with Charger in Metro Atlanta if you do your homework and have some patience. I would read this entire thread, it's worth your time - if you truly want to negotiate the best deal possible.

Remember total least cost =
Down Payment (Out the Door price, Including 1st monthly payment)
+ Monthly Payment (x 23 payments)
+ Disposition Fee (if applicable)

Good luck.

sonnylax said:
Leaf2013 said:

You should be able to get ~$6k total lease cost for a S with Charger in Metro Atlanta if you do your homework and have some patience. I would read this entire thread, it's worth your time - if you truly want to negotiate the best deal possible.

Remember total least cost =
Down Payment (Out the Door price, Including 1st monthly payment)
+ Monthly Payment (x 23 payments)
+ Disposition Fee (if applicable)

Good luck.
Trying to get to $6000 on an S with charger does not seem achievable in today's lease market unless you are in a no tax state or you are VPP. The dealer would have to set the selling price roughly $2000 under dealer invoice. Lease prices on Leafs are, on average, going for about $1250 total cost more than they were at the lows this year. This is due to Nissan's upping the MF and the residual on the Leafs decreasing three times. The dealer makes no more money on the cars, despite the customer paying more.

Boourns said:
Anyone know the current 24-mo./12k-mile residual value on a 2013 SL? I'm being told 58%, and that seems a little low to me. Does location factor into the residual?
My lease was factored using that residual, I believe. Last December for the 2012s it was 63 or 62%, iirc, along with much lower money factor and additional rebates beyond the default $7,500.

Corina1231 said:
Lease prices on Leafs are, on average, going for about $1250 total cost more than they were at the lows this year. This is due to Nissan's upping the MF and the residual on the Leafs decreasing three times. The dealer makes no more money on the cars, despite the customer paying more.
Has Nissan announced the new lease terms for August ?

Hi all, my first post! Here are the particulars on my new Leaf lease from Lithia Eugene.

State : Oregon
Sales tax % : zero
Leaf Trim, options : Black S with quick charge, mud guards and mats
MSRP : $28,800 base, $31,265 as equipped incl. dest. charge
Invoice : (if you know)
Negotiated Price : $28,634 (all inclusive, licensing fees, 1st mo., etc)
Down: $3000
Payment: 79.47/mo x23 months
Tax Credit: $7500
Residual: $18,133.70

12,000 miles/yr. x 2 years
Disposition fee: $395 (waived if buy/lease this or another)

110 mile trip home with 1 stop at a quick charge station. So far, no complaints!

Juanderlust said:
Hi all, my first post! Here are the particulars on my new Leaf lease from Lithia Eugene.

State : Oregon
Sales tax % : zero
Leaf Trim, options : Black S with quick charge, mud guards and mats
MSRP : $28,800 base, $31,265 as equipped incl. dest. charge
Invoice : (if you know)
Negotiated Price : $28,634 (all inclusive, licensing fees, 1st mo., etc)
Down: $3000
Payment: 79.47/mo x23 months
Tax Credit: $7500
Residual: $18,133.70

12,000 miles/yr. x 2 years
Disposition fee: $395 (waived if buy/lease this or another)

110 mile trip home with 1 stop at a quick charge station. So far, no complaints!

Welcome to the Leaf club. With your particular location, I would recommend getting your OEM EVSE upgraded by EVSE Upgrade, even if you plan on installing a home charging station. It will allow you to take advantage of 240 volt outlets at RV parks and some campgrounds, and according to PlugShare would extend your range along the coast to as far south as Eureka, CA, maybe even to Ft. Bragg. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to get much further south than Crescent City without 12+ hour L1 charging.

Thanks RonDawg. I originally thought I'd only use it for commuting but I'm already looking at how to plan longer trips. I have quick charge locations strategically placed North but heading South it is currently pretty sparse. I'll definitely look into that upgrade.

evnow said:
Corina1231 said:
Lease prices on Leafs are, on average, going for about $1250 total cost more than they were at the lows this year. This is due to Nissan's upping the MF and the residual on the Leafs decreasing three times. The dealer makes no more money on the cars, despite the customer paying more.
Has Nissan announced the new lease terms for August ?

It's the same as July. Remember this, the 2013 is near the end of its cycle. With 2014, the residual would only go down. In about a month, you are probably better off leasing a 2014 as they will have better residual.

cossie1600 said:
It's the same as July. Remember this, the 2013 is near the end of its cycle. With 2014, the residual would only go down. In about a month, you are probably better off leasing a 2014 as they will have better residual.
I don't think so.

http://insideevs.com/yesterday-2014-nissan-leaf-coming-in-october-today-2014-nissan-leaf-coming-in-december/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/the-2014-nissan-lineup-charting-the-changes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For 2014, additional enhancements include:
Available December 2013

Back