2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about to lease a 2013 leaf s and here r the numbers. $185 month, $2937 down includes everything, 15k miles n the charger package option(6.6kw). Is there any good time of year to lease or should i say what is the best month of the year to lease.

Money Factor - S - SV/SL
Tier 0 - 0.00168 - 0.00200
Tier 1 - 0.00168 - 0.00220
Tier 2 - 0.00213 - 0.00260
Tier 3 - 0.00393 - 0.00365
Tier 4 - 0.00450 - 0.00450

How can I find out what the credit score ranges are for these tiers?

Took awhile, but just paid for my Leaf! Delivery next week!!

I got a 2013 SL with premium, flr mats, Logo, and the 2 kits. 3 year lease, 12k miles per year. Total price $12,750. Because of sales taxes treatment and a decent trade-in value on my old car, I put the whole trade in on the deal - just under $10k. Monthly payments around $75 for 35 months.]

Have the charger on the away through Amazon, just hoping the electrician confirms the day close to delivery... Now I am excited!

I'm going to play around with carwings this weekend. I have the vehicle VIN - any one try to set it up before delivery?

I took a friend to Torrance Nissan for Leaf/Lease deal. I had pretty good luck about 3 months ago. My friend's financial situation is outstanding: 11 houses that produce a $3000/mo. rental profit after all costs; has not missed a bill payment in over 9 years on anything; almost no debt (except mortgages on 6 of his rentals); his debt to income ratio is way better than 95% of the people out there; & he is really cheap in general. His only credit 'sin' is that he refinanced 4 of his existing mortgages and that generated 'inquires'. They would not least to him unless he took their worst terms. A guy like this has only one response, he walked out. I saw his credit report he is 'squeaky clean '. Compared to him, my credit report is embarrassing. My terms were $199/month (including tax) and about $2000 out the door for 24 months and 12000/year. At the time, I didn't care about residual value, money value, etc., all I saw was a free car for two years after the Federal Credit. Something is not right here :? . He will be one of the few that will purchase his Leaf. He is waiting for December and studying the adds for low mileage used Leafs. What other factors would a car dealer consider in this lease situation ? His mortgage banks didn't hesitate with his credit reports.

I doubt it was the inquiries that did him in. If they're done over a short time period, they actually are considered as a single inquiry, since they know you're shopping.

What was his FICO score like? Banks will look at that before they'll look at anything else. Also, is being a landlord his sole source of income? On the properties that have mortgages, are the rents of each property sufficient to cover the payments, and not being subsidized by the ones that are free and clear?

BTW how can you have a delivery date of December 2013? It's not for another 2 months.

My landlord- friend will not have a property that doesn't have a positive cash flow. He also works in medicine but in a registry capacity . About 30% of his net income is from his medical work. If I remember, his Score was about 625. I would have leased him 5 Leafs before I would have leased one to someone like me (690). Whatever, he will be better off buying a used Leaf that has been returned with less than 20,000 miles. The fact that my wife leases a Toyota may have been a helping factor for me. When my current lease expires, I may follow his lead. ;)

I'm a newbie to the MyNissanLeaf forum, who is considering leasing a 2013 Nissan Leaf S charger (I'm located in the SF Bay Area) and wanted to see if this was a good deal:

3 yr. lease / 12K miles/yr

Price: 28,557 (including VPP discount of $1000)
Down payment: $3537.81
- $1999 down payment
- $80 doc prep fee
- $279 license
- $8.75 tire/battery/vtr fee
- $39 processing fee
- $895.04 taxes
- $237.02 first payment

The monthly payment would be $237.02 ($217.95 - base payment and $19.07 - monthly tax)

This quote includes a 3 yr. maintenance plan, which I'm not sure about since I've heard that the maintenance costs for a Leaf should be fairly minimal.

I've seen other posts on this thread where the down payment is less, monthly payment or both are less. I'm not sure if this is due to better lease terms earlier in the year, lower costs in other parts of the country, etc.

Burr said:
My landlord- friend will not have a property that doesn't have a positive cash flow. He also works in medicine but in a registry capacity . About 30% of his net income is from his medical work. If I remember, his Score was about 625. I would have leased him 5 Leafs before I would have leased one to someone like me (690). Whatever, he will be better off buying a used Leaf that has been returned with less than 20,000 miles. The fact that my wife leases a Toyota may have been a helping factor for me. When my current lease expires, I may follow his lead. ;)

NMAC's minimum FICO score to lease could fall somewhere between your 690 and his 625. I believe 650 is the minimum (I've seen this score mentioned elsewhere, and not necessarily just Nissan).

I don't think it's so much that your wife is leasing that helped you, but the fact that there's a second income.

philipscoggins said:
December 31st is the best day to buy or lease a car. But who can wait that long?

Eh...not exactly. Nissan's fiscal year end is March 31st. Dec 31st is just another month-end. Additionally, that month closes is really on Jan 2nd (Dec31 and Jan1 being holidays) meaning Jan 2nd is an even better date than Dec 31st for a dealer looking to hit a certain number of retailed units. With that said, your best bet is probably during a holiday weekend, like Labor Day, where "Holiday Bonus Cash" is almost always applied to deals (sometimes direct to customer, sometimes a dealer incentive.)

Either way, time your purchases around holidays for the biggest savings. I did my deal Memorial Day weekend.

Source: I've spent 10 years in the auto industry working with dealers.

casubieowner said:
I'm a newbie to the MyNissanLeaf forum, who is considering leasing a 2013 Nissan Leaf S charger (I'm located in the SF Bay Area) and wanted to see if this was a good deal:

- $1999 down payment
- $80 doc prep fee
- $279 license
- $39 processing fee
- $895.04 taxes
- $237.02 first payment

The monthly payment would be $237.02 ($217.95 - base payment and $19.07 - monthly tax)

This quote includes a 3 yr. maintenance plan, which I'm not sure about since I've heard that the maintenance costs for a Leaf should be fairly minimal.

I've seen other posts on this thread where the down payment is less, monthly payment or both are less. I'm not sure if this is due to better lease terms earlier in the year, lower costs in other parts of the country, etc.

I'm not sure if this is bad or not, but I think you can get better in CA. Monthly payment looks good, but I think drive-off cost should be ~$1,000 lower for a decent deal.

What was the MSRP on your car? Your negotiated price of $28,557 actually looks pretty good for an S with QC. But for a negotiated price of $28,557, your all-in costs (i.e., drive-off + payments) feel about ~$1,000 too high. something feels off.

fc123 said:
casubieowner said:

- $1999 down payment
- $80 doc prep fee
- $279 license
- $39 processing fee
- $895.04 taxes
- $237.02 first payment

I'm not sure if this is bad or not, but I think you can get better in CA. Monthly payment looks good, but I think drive-off cost should be ~$1,000 lower for a decent deal.

What was the MSRP on your car? Your negotiated price of $28,557 actually looks pretty good for an S with QC. But for a negotiated price of $28,557, your all-in costs (i.e., drive-off + payments) feel about ~$1,000 too high. something feels off.

The MSRP was $31,340. The negotiated price includes a VPP discount of $1000.

The tax amount seems really high. I need to follow-up on this and get some additional quotes from other dealerships

Its been about four months, since I started my lease. One regret was that I wanted the lease as cheap as possible. While the QC was of little value, I took the 3.3 charger instead of the 6.6 charger... a mistake . I don't know if the State rebate is real any longer (lack of funds). I took the 24 month lease because I believe the State Rebate was factored into my monthly payments and' out the door costs'. I am in LA and pay $200/month (including tax). My out the door cost was about $2000. Things have changed but I believe your ' out the door cost' is high, keep looking. Also, someone just advised me that a sale on or just before a holiday (Ex. Thanksgiving) gives you a better bargaining position. Be prepared to sit in their show room for up to 3 hour. Don't let them cloud your view with fees and charges, just say" what is the out the door charge?" If there is any money left for rebates, they are better at collecting it than we are.....Good Luck.

Its been about four months, since I started my lease. One regret was that I wanted the lease as cheap as possible. While the QC was of little value, I took the 3.3 charger instead of the 6.6 charger... a mistake . I don't know if the State rebate is real any longer (lack of funds). I took the 24 month lease because I believe the State Rebate was factored into my monthly payments and' out the door costs'. I am in LA and pay $200/month (including tax). My out the door cost was about $2000. Things have changed but I believe your ' out the door cost' is high, keep looking. Also, someone just advised me that a sale on or just before a holiday (Ex. Thanksgiving) gives you a better bargaining position. Be prepared to sit in their show room for up to 3 hour. Don't let them cloud your view with fees and charges, just say" what is the out the door charge?" If there is any money left for rebates, they are better at collecting it than we are.....Good Luck.

hi, i am getting

2013 S with charger, 36mo, 18k miles
$0, down - $366 monthly
$2000 down, - $309 monthly

2013 SV with charger, 36 mo, 18k miles
$0 down, - $404 monthly
$2000 down, - $347 monthly

what do you guys think? is it a good deal or not?

thanks

A little late in posting this:

2013 Leaf SV with quick charge package
Terms: 24 month, 12k miles per year.
Acquisition date: September 20th
Lease rate: $269/mo
Down payment: $0
First payment: $504 (lease + $150 documentation fee + $83 for plate transfer and title)
Lease disposition fee: $395

I had plates with at least 2 years of registration left that I transferred over. That confused 'em a little bit. I forget exactly the negotiated price, but it was somewhere in the $31k range.

I have been lurking on this forum for sometime now, thanks to all the invaluable information !
Thought I should give back by giving some details about my leaf purchase.

Drove off with a Red Leaf S w/ charger pack and mats.
I'm in N. California (bay area).

3yr / 36k miles lease
Downpayment: 2500 incl all fees and taxes.
Montly payments: 227 incl taxes and maintenance for 3 yrs.

Other regular end-of lease term fees.

Overall happy with my purchase. Even happier with the car, my first EV !
What do others think of the deal ?

About to pull the trigger on an SV with QC, LED, and Premium Package (Bose, back up cam)
State: Georgia
Term: 24 Months,
Mileage allowance: 15K
Down Payment $0
Monthly Payment: $356 per month

Thoughts?

Back