2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least feel fortunate that the $7,500 tax credit isn't being used to inflate the residual, like it is with the Volt.

I'm having a discussion over in the Volt forum about how Volt lessees completely lose the tax credit if they decide to buy their car for the residual at the end of the lease. I don't think a lot of Volt lessees realized this fact, going in. I, fortunately, was fully aware of it before I leased my Volt.

If you are going to lease a Volt, be absolutely sure you don't want to buy it at the end of the lease, or all the benefit of the tax credit goes Poof!!

Argh.

We're in the market for a LEAF again. Our LEAF was totaled yesterday, commercial van didn't see the red light. We're very luck to be ok. Awesome engineering.

I'm mostly upset that we're out a car and won't be able to replace it for anywhere near our prior lease terms. I had gotten the lowest priced lease I have ever heard of including this forum. $205 at signing and $205/mo for a 2013 SV + QC, 2yr lease, 12k mi/mo.

Now they're quoting $330+ $1000 down.

AHHHHHH!

I called NMAC and they said something about "substitution of collateral", essentially trying to swap out the vehicle and keep the lease terms. They said I had to work with the dealer. The dealer seems pretty clueless and probably not very motivated to figure it out.

Any suggestions? I had hoped to extend the lease, not cut it short.

dm33 What do they do with a 'totaled' Leaf? Do you have any say in the demise of the Leaf wreckage ? Your survival says alot for the Leaf construction. Don't be put off by your new terms, they are pretty good, if there are no other fees.......Good Luck

This is my first post on this forum. I'm hoping, if nothing else, maybe I can provide some additional info on available pricing in my area.

I was reading "Jimmyz80"'s pricing on http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11764" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , and thought maybe I could get similar payments. My offer didn't even come close to his, and I'm not 100% sure why.
After reading the first post on this thread (which is awesome!), it doesn't seem anything is out of line. I qualify for VPP "D"

I've been wait listed for the Honda Fit EV since late May, so after five months with no end in sight I'm starting to get a little antsy.
A local dealer has a bunch of Leafs (Leaves?) on their lot. It's been explained to me dealerships can't get inventory unless someone orders... so they have the employees kick in some money for "orders" they later cancel when the cars arrive. Sounds kinda shady, albeit clever.

Also strange: as I understand it, the VPP plan is designed to be pretty cut-and-dry, but the woman I was running numbers with pretty much said to shop around, and if I get a better offer, to let her know. If anyone can explain that, I'm all ears.

Anyway, here's what the printouts says for 36/12k.

State: California, Sacramento Area
Sales tax % : 8%
Leaf Trim, options : SL, Premium Package
MSRP: $36,935
Invoice: $34,882 (taking $33,882 "selling price" and adding $1,000 for VPP)
Selling Price: $33,882

"Capped Fees": $595
Total Cap Reduction: $7,142.56
Adjusted Cap Cost: $27,334.44

License/Registration: $300
"Upfront fees": $116
Total Taxes: $1,547.64

Rebate: $7,500
Down Payment: $1,000

Residual: 43%, $15,882.05
Money Factor: 0.00043
Base Monthly Rental: $336.70

Monthly payment: $363.64
Term: 36 months, 12k miles

Any input or opinions are appreciated. Thanks!

Erik When I was looking at various 'Deals' in California, I noticed that the best deals were in the general San Francisco area . I'am in the LA area. We started getting the same deals after two to three weeks. It is alot more practical for you to look outside the Sacramento area and closer to San Francisco. From what I have learned on the Forum, your final price is good. But they seem to be taking it back from you in the 'down-payment plus fees' area( also known as the OUT THE DOOR payment. To simplify: put all those numbers into four categories 1) What is my monthly payment, including sales tax? 2)For how many years is the lease ? 3) For how many miles per year ? and 4) How much do I pay for the OUT THE DOOR or DRIVE OFF payment?
All the fees, rebates, factors, and discount numbers are smoke...... Be prepared to sit in their showroom for hours. Its part of their 'bargaining' techniques :geek: ................Good Luck.

Erik, did you try Danna at Fontana Nissan? They gave me a better quote than yours but it was a month ago. You actually want to negotiate down the total price of the car and then work out terms from there. They're usually pretty competitive. But your quote isn't bad! Good luck!

Which dealership did you contact in Sacramento?

Erik said:
This is my first post on this forum. I'm hoping, if nothing else, maybe I can provide some additional info on available pricing in my area.

I was reading "Jimmyz80"'s pricing on http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11764" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , and thought maybe I could get similar payments. My offer didn't even come close to his, and I'm not 100% sure why.
After reading the first post on this thread (which is awesome!), it doesn't seem anything is out of line. I qualify for VPP "D"

I've been wait listed for the Honda Fit EV since late May, so after five months with no end in sight I'm starting to get a little antsy.
A local dealer has a bunch of Leafs (Leaves?) on their lot. It's been explained to me dealerships can't get inventory unless someone orders... so they have the employees kick in some money for "orders" they later cancel when the cars arrive. Sounds kinda shady, albeit clever.

Also strange: as I understand it, the VPP plan is designed to be pretty cut-and-dry, but the woman I was running numbers with pretty much said to shop around, and if I get a better offer, to let her know. If anyone can explain that, I'm all ears.

Anyway, here's what the printouts says for 36/12k.

State: California, Sacramento Area
Sales tax % : 8%
Leaf Trim, options : SL, Premium Package
MSRP: $36,935
Invoice: $34,882 (taking $33,882 "selling price" and adding $1,000 for VPP)
Selling Price: $33,882

"Capped Fees": $595
Total Cap Reduction: $7,142.56
Adjusted Cap Cost: $27,334.44

License/Registration: $300
"Upfront fees": $116
Total Taxes: $1,547.64

Rebate: $7,500
Down Payment: $1,000

Residual: 43%, $15,882.05
Money Factor: 0.00043
Base Monthly Rental: $336.70

Monthly payment: $363.64
Term: 36 months, 12k miles

Any input or opinions are appreciated. Thanks!

Newbie here, been reading up this thread the last few days and finally contacted the local dealer for quotes. I did not get a break down details about each fee and tax, but here are the numbers:

For 36 months lease, 15k on S with charger package: Nothing dow, nothing drive-off, just sign and go, the monthly is 330 including tax. I am in Bay area, CA.

Any input and advice is appreciated.

Well seems high to me....here in Seattle Area:

I just picked up a LEAF SL, w/ Premium & Mats.

24months, 12K
(NO Tax, just licensing fees)
Discount Applied: VPP
Credit: Excellent
$0 Down and $305/month.

BTW, I know the Bay Area has much more volume than here in the NW, so keep fighting for better price. :D

Houston, TX - Oct 24,2013 2013 Leaf S MSRP $28,000

options added by manufacturer:
protection package $235
charger package $1300
floor & cargo mats $170
cargo net $25
destination $850

window sticker $31380

I offered $2000 down, add taxes, etc brings me to a total of $3600 down/out the door.

24 month lease (above includes payment #1), 15000 miles a year. $220 total payment/month.

Geico estimate to add Leaf is roughly $1000/year.

First lease, actually very disappointed with my performance. I've been much more prepared in previous purchases for other cars, home. Nailing the numbers down and controlling the conversation just adds to the satisfaction at the end, not so this time. Wife and kids waiting in the car - here's my visa, sign, sign, sign, where's the keys err FOB thingy.

Thanks to all for taking the time to add to this thread I hope my input helps someone.

Atlanta

VPP
Leaf S, 15k/year, 24 months
$269/month
$0 Down, about $100 for tags & misc.

Has anyone in GA actually leased the Leaf for over a year and gotten the $5000 GA tax credit? Any hassles?
thanks!

leaf_7.jpg

geovision said:
Discount Applied: VPP

I know this is mentioned in other places, but a lot of people are not aware of the VPP program and the various ways to qualify for it.

Do you mind mentioning which group got you into the VPP program and how much of a discount it offered?

The LEAF would be a perfect car for my Mom, but unfortunately retirees, don't appear eligible for VPP discounts that are offered to certain companies' current employees.

Okay, here's the one I'm currently looking at:

State : WA
Sales tax % : (none)
Leaf Trim, options : S with charge package
MSRP : 31,120
Invoice : (if you know)
Negotiated Price : 29,519
Taxes, Title, Registration :
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : $150
Money Factor : .00003
Downpayment : 999.00
Monthly payment : $251.77

I feel like I could get better - saw a post on here saying the same dealer gave him $220/mo, 0 down for SV with QC + LED in August. I pointed this out to the dealer but he said things have changed since August. Is that true? Is the deal above a good one these days or can I get better? Thing that attracted me was 999 down instead of the usual 1999 down...

Hello!
'bout to pull the trigger; opinions sought on these terms :)

WA
0% (tax exemption for BEVs)
SL/Charge package, protection package, mud guards, floormats
MSRP $31,500
Invoice $29,689 (their invoice included $285 'marketing' fee over KBB/Edmunds verified $29,404
Neg. Price $29,489
taxes, title, registration: don't know yet - expect $0 taxes and title/reg at about $50
other fees: (? acquisition, lease redemption?) they claim none
money factor: 0.00053
down: $0
monthly: $202

Any comments, suggestions?

For $31.5k I doubt that's an SL "with Charge Package." It's very likely an S with the Charge Package. The SL already has the 6.6 kW OBC and CHAdeMO port as standard equipment.

My apologies...

That is indeed the "S", not the "SL", and it does come with the charge package and some minor options bringing the MSRP to $31,500. My mistake on the confusion. Thanks to RonDawg and USSValor for your quick responses. I believe all the other items I quoted were accurate.

I was quite happy with the appearance of the deal - it looked seriously good compared to some of the more recent ones I've seen described here.

But, if it looks too good to be true...

I went in to seal the deal and when they tried to plug the same numbers back into the system (and I have no idea how leasing works, nor do I hang out in auto dealerships much) they told me that the initial set of numbers was based on a residual value of 0.50 instead of 0.40 and that they were unable to make that deal happen with those new numbers.

Using a 0.40 factor takes the residual value down to $12,600 from $15,750 and, even with them dropping the negotiated price down to $29,250 from $29,489, the new monthly payment becomes $266 instead of $202.

The deal might not be totally dead. The guy inputting that 0.5 factor (general manager, who was unavailble today?) instead of 0.4 mentioned something about a special weekend promotion - he'll be back tomorrow to explain and perhaps make the originally quoted deal work. Meantime, I'm not buying into something 30% than I initially thought.

Maybe it'll still come through, maybe I'll wait 'til spring, maybe I'll eyeball the i-MiEV or FFE again. Only thing for sure is that I'm not going to go out and buy an SUV instead.

Again, I apologize for the confusion. Not trying to jerk you guys around with faulty numbers - I was just in a hurry to post the details and get some input before going back to the dealership.

^^^^
I wouldn't buy or lease the S because of its inefficient heater and lack of cruise control. Don't know if either matter for you. The SV and SL have a hybrid heat pump heater that's more efficient (and heats up quite quickly for me).

What are your daily driving needs in terms of miles? How much city vs. highway? Will you have the ability to charge at your work/destinations?

What's your lease length (makes a big difference) and annual miles allowed? I saw 12K miles/year in one of your earlier posts.

Can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it. (Yes, I know you stated WA earlier.)

Back