2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... and looking again at the entry from njb27 (same state) I see that these new numbers look very close to his once one adjusts for differences in down payment and slightly different negotiated price.

cwerdna - thanks for your input.

The leases we've been talking about are 12,000 m/yr, 36 month. I doubt I'd drive it more than 10,000 m/yr and if I could get a better deal with a lower annual mileage rate, (I've heard I can't) I would. Most of my driving is city (well - big town), probably 25-35 miles per day. I hop off and on one of our high speed highways for 2 to 5 miles at a time just to cross the river and then am back on surface streets. With my normal ICE sedan ('01 Chevy Prizm with 185k miles, which I plan to keep parked outside the garage for the occasional roadtrip) I tend not to turn on the cruise control until I'm a few miles out into the desert where I wouldn't be taking the BEV anyway. Likewise, I've dealt with the inadequacy of a battery powered heater with my wife's Volt and find it not too hard to work around (heated seats and a little cabin preconditioning, which I guess I'd have to do manually without that ?Carwings? app in the S) in our fairly temperate winters. I'm more concerned about the summer heat.

Kind of looks like this deal might not be happening anyway. If/when I revisit the issue, I'll look harder at the SV and SL versions.

and more responses for Cwerdna...

I don't work. I expect to do all charging in my garage, time-sharing our hardwired level 2 charger with my wife and perhaps supplementing that with one of our trickle charge lines.
Unless charging infrastructure changes radically around here, I doubt I'll take the Leaf (if I purchase it) out of this community without a car trailer.
In decades past, I used to live in Redwood City, Mountain View, downtown (near Glen Park) and finally up in Benicia. Miss it, sort of. Certainly I envy the wider range of EV choices in your state.

walkingmydog said:
cwerdna - thanks for your input.

The leases we've been talking about are 12,000 m/yr, 36 month. I doubt I'd drive it more than 10,000 m/yr and if I could get a better deal with a lower annual mileage rate, (I've heard I can't) I would. Most of my driving is city (well - big town), probably 25-35 miles per day. I hop off and on one of our high speed highways for 2 to 5 miles at a time just to cross the river and then am back on surface streets
Likewise, I've dealt with the inadequacy of a battery powered heater with my wife's Volt and find it not too hard to work around (heated seats and a little cabin preconditioning, which I guess I'd have to do manually without that ?Carwings? app in the S) in our fairly temperate winters. I'm more concerned about the summer heat.
Thanks for answering. Giving opinions on leases w/o knowing the length and mileage is almost worthless as when I was in the market, 3 years leases were more expensive per mile and time than 2 year leases, even after factoring in the $2500 (CA only) CVRP that only 3+ year leases (and purchasers who keep for 3+ years) are eligible for.

Ok, sounds like the Leaf's range will work for you. I can't speak to the Volt's heater vs. the Leaf's power hungry resistive heater.
walkingmydog said:
and more responses for Cwerdna...

I don't work. I expect to do all charging in my garage, time-sharing our hardwired level 2 charger with my wife and perhaps supplementing that with one of our trickle charge lines.
I see. You mean EVSE, not charger. For L1 and L2 charging, the charger's inside the car. See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14728&p=332668#p332668" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I am in Atlanta and thinking about a two year lease for the Leaf S. I went to Nalley Nissan and they said they could do $240 with 1999 down and12k miles a year. They did not run my credit, I have it frozen and did not have time to unfreeze and go through the credit process. Would that be a good deal? Thanks for any information,n dealers and pricing. I have read through all the post and can not thank you all enough. The first offer they game me was 0 down and $365 a month.

Here is what we have at the University of Davis (any big company or public agency could probably get this deal: tried to paste but too long and can't attach

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdirdymdq0fgzye/UC%20Davis%20%28EOO%29.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't have exact dealer information just now. Here is what I've been told so far:

State : WA
Sales tax % : 0
Trim: SL + L92
MSRP : $35,860
Invoice : $33,811 (edmunds.com)
Should get VPP discount
Offered At: $33,108
Taxes, Title, Registration : TBD
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : TBD
Money Factor : TBD
Downpayment : $1500
Monthly payment : $297

This is for a 24/12 lease. By my math VPP should be invoice - $1000 plus $170 for the carpets, which means $31,981 before destination. To get their number either destination is a lot more than I thought ($1100), they've included DMV etc, or something's not right? The sales rep has had a hard time answering direct questions about the details of the deal. I have to go in tomorrow to get the info in person. They offered a few possible scenarios at this price:

Term: 36/12 36/12 24/12 24/12
Down: $1,500 $500 $1,500 $500
Payment: $293 $322 $297 $341

I'm waiting until tomorrow to get residual value and money factor, but at first pass this seems like I'm getting less than a good offer. I'll post an update then, but if people have thought on this in the meanwhile I'm all ears.

They also said 'better hurry, someone else came by and is interested in that exact car'. Oh, really, what a coincidence! Never mind they have 2 in stock with the exact same specs, and 3 SV's I'd also be happy with. Dealers sure are ... funny.

So, my wife and I bought a car in April, and the transmission just died in it with a $5,000 repair tag. So, we're terribly upside down in a car that doesn't go faster than 10 MPH. We happened upon the Nissan Leaf and the advertised $199 lease offer, and here's where our negotiations landed us:

State: Kansas
MSRP: 31265 (S trim, charging package, mud flaps, mats)
Aftermarket: Nitrogren tires and door guards $165
Discount: $3345
Negotiated Selling Price: $27919.90
40% Residual Percentage
Residual Value: 12506
Drive off Costs:684.98 Sales Tax on Cap Reduction
First Month's Payment: 407.98
Rebate: 8150
Trade In: -4756.60 (Ouch!)
Money Down: $750
Doc Fee: $499
Acquisition Fee: $595
Total Cap Reduction: $7806.04
Net Cap Cost: $25966.96
Depreciation: $13460.96
Term: 36 Months, 12,000 miles
Money Factor: .00003
Monthly Payments: $407.98

We figure it's a nice way to get out from underneath the 5k trade inequity and/or a $5k repair. Delearship has been really great allowing me to explore and question the numbers as well. Very impressed. Looking forward to it!

I got more deets today. The price of $33108 is
$32635 invoice
$ 132 invoice on the carpet mats
$ 850 destination
$ 491 marketing assessment
----------
$ 34108
-$ 1000 vpp
--------
$33108

Invoice was lower than what edmunds lists, but the marketing charge makes up for that. Weird that they put the mats at invoice. This ends up $277 off what I thought I was going to pay, not sure if I'll try too hard to get the marketing cost taken off.

So, the deal looks like this:
Down Payment: $1500
Initial Cap Cost: $33108
Aq.Fee: $595
Tax/Title/Reg: $160
Rebate: $7500
CapCost Reduction: $895.36
Adj. Cap Cost: $25307.64
MoneyFactor: 0.00005
L.E.V. 51%
Residual: $18.288
Monthly Payment: $294

What I don't get now is where Cap Cost Reduction comes from? That's my down payment minus something. I would think first payment + DMV, which comes out to $1046, not $895. There's a missing $151 that I'd like to know where it went?

They're also pricing out an SV for me:
Down Payment: $1500
Initial Cap Cost: $31,615 (includes LED/QC, mats, splash guards)
Aq.Fee: $595
Tax/Title/Reg: $160
Rebate: $7500
CapCost Reduction: $931.74
Adj. Cap Cost: $23956.26
MoneyFactor: 0.00005
L.E.V. 52%
Residual: $17,999.80
Monthly Payment: $294

Again, that cap cost reduction number seems funny. I'll have to ask specifically about that. As soon as I applied for VPP, other dealers called me (like, within minutes, which was kind of funny, since I was at the dealer). The second dealer said they could do invoice -$1500, the first dealer said that was 'a scam' because VPP is a fixed price. Another dealer has all their cars listed at MSRP minus the rebate, which feels extra shady and makes it hard to compare prices. I hate car shopping.

We'll see how this all shakes out, I've pushed them off to the weekend despite their threats that other people are interested in 'my car'. :)

airbeat said:
Doc Fee: $499

The document fee is negotiable, it's pure profit for the dealer and one of the ways they sneak some of your money back after cutting the price of the car. You can insist it goes away, and if you are prepared to walk out (like literally get up and start walking out) they will at least reduce it or maybe remove it. I've never paid more than $80 as a document fee.

A $407.98 payment on an S seems really high to me for some reason? I can't see where the math is off, but if they advertise the S at $199 how the heck did it double, unless your money factor is off the chart?

I answered my own question on the marketing fee using edmunds.com

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/what-fees-should-you-pay.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the car's invoice lists an advertising fee, this is an actual charge made by the manufacturer to the dealer and you should pay it. However, some dealers will add an unofficial advertising fee into the sales contract, perhaps claiming they are offsetting the cost of their own advertising efforts. If you encounter this dealer-added advertising fee, you can challenge it or treat it as a dealer fee and negotiate a lower purchase price on the car to offset the additional charge.

I think this is actually listed on the invoice, looks like I should just pay it :(

Here's the bit about document fees:
Dealerships charge car buyers documentation fees to cover the cost of completing purchase-related paperwork. In states where doc fees are not regulated by the law, some dealerships will sell a car at a very attractive price but then add a hefty doc fee when it draws up the contract. If you refer to our chart and see that doc fees are not capped in your state, you should find out early on in the buying process what the dealership charges. If it is high (anything over $100) you will need to negotiate the car's price more aggressively to offset this fee.

ADVNorthWest:

I'm definitely confused by their numbers too. Although, I think the monthly payment would be higher than what they quoted...A lease payment has three parts: the depreciation fee, the finance fee, and the sales tax. If your state doesn't have sales tax, then you would have two components. The depreciation fee should be your Net Capitalized Cost minus your Residual Value, divided by your term. In your case, it's 25307.64/18288.60 = 7019.04/24 = 292.46/mo So just that one piece of the payment is higher than the total they quoted you. The Finance Fee would be your Net Cap Cost plus your Residual Value times your money factor. In this case, 25307.64 + 18288.60 = 43596.24 * .00005 = 2.18/mo. So, your total monthly payment would be 292.46 + 2.18 = 294.64.

I'd make them explain each step of their numbers, and see if you're really getting a good deal. You're only getting a 2752 discount off of the sticker price, so I think there's some room for them to move there at least. The money factor is good, that's practically free money ($2.18 a month, to be exact).

Good luck to you in negotiations! We're closing on ours today! (!)

Hi all - Okay, here's the latest, from the same dealer I talked to a few days ago. Essentially it's $0 down, $0 out the door costs, $249/mo. Good deal? (Starting to sound better to me.)

State : WA
Sales tax % : (none - EVs exempt from sales tax in WA)
Leaf Trim, options : S with charge package
MSRP : 31,120
Invoice : (if you know)
Negotiated Price : 28,445
Taxes, Title, Registration :
Residual: .40
Acq fee: $595 (Pay upfront?: No)
Rebate: $8150
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : $150 (Pay upfront?: No)
Money Factor : .00003
Downpayment : $0
Monthly payment : $249.71

Remaining questions:
1) I was asking for 15k miles/year for the same price, but dealer said:
"Unfortunately, the miles directly affect the residual, so If I were to give you the 15k miles/year Nissan would automatically adjust the residual down to account for the expected increase in miles."
My understanding with the Leaf is that the value's going to plummet in 3 years as the tech improves, so I'm not planning to buy the car If that's the case, do I need to think about the residual?

2) I'm not sure I can get out to the dealer before the weekend, so would pass the end of the month. Should I worry that Nissan lease terms will change in November? Here's what dealer said:
Assuming we come to an agreement on terms I can't guarantee that this offer will be available after the 31st. I CAN guarantee that the price of the vehicle won't change, but Nissan can change the rates and residuals at anytime.

Hi All,

Here is my offer I've got

State: WA
SV + QC LED package, 24mo/12k, $1100 down, $250 month (I have VPP).

Don't know MSRP, invoice etc. Looks like dealer is not willing to say about MF via e-mail.

Guys... the Money Factor for the LEAF w/ excellent credit is .00005, which = .12%. So not a big factor in your payment. The best way to compare costs across the board with everyone is by the total lease obligation (including fees/licensing) for either 24m or 36m.

Details on my lease deal 2 weeks ago (Oct_2013):

LEAF SL w/ Premium Pkg
Options included: Floor Mats and Splash Guards
Discount Applied: Better than…VPP
Term: 24 months, 12k/yr
Total Lease Obligation with fees/licensing = $7200

Bonus: the LEAF was delivered to my office and signed the docs too; quick and super convenient!

Looking for the best price for 2013 Leaf in/near Orange County California.

Here is what I am looking for:

1. SL + Premium Package + Protection Pkg + floor Mats etc
2. 36 Month / 12 K per year
3. Metallic Slate

So far I have 2 quotes and the best one is
35 payments of $350 + tax ($30 - 9% CA Tax) with no money out of pocket at the delivery.

Please, please tell me if it is a good deal

ADVNorthWest said:
airbeat said:
A $407.98 payment on an S seems really high to me for some reason? I can't see where the math is off, but if they advertise the S at $199 how the heck did it double, unless your money factor is off the chart?

airbeat was almost $4800 upside down on the trade. That got rolled into the lease payment.

I'm on my way to Courtesy Nissan in Richardson, TX to pick up my leaf for my Leaf SV with both Optional packages for $290/mo (including everything) with $1000 down (including all fees and first month's payment) for 36 months.

Hi everyone. New here and looking for help getting a lease deal.

Here's what I was quoted from Burlingame Nissan yesterday(10/30).

LEAF S w/ QC Pkg
Term: 36 months, 15k/yr
Down Payment: $3K out the door
Monthly: $219/month
Total: $10,665

This doesn't seem like anywhere close to as good of a deal as some people are posting. But the dealer said they were $1K below invoice with this deal and couldn't go lower.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Back