2013 Leaf PCB repair- replacing SMD (surface mounted device)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the bottom photo working up:
L500 = Surface mount common mode CAN Buss filter inductor; example part link , another example pdf

D400 = Zener diode (marking code G2);

R8000 = zero Ohm surface mount resistor (a jumper);
D108 = surface mount signal diode; can't see marking code in the photo.

Also the circuit board trace from CN100 pin 9 (CNTRL) needs to be repaired/patched either with solder or with a piece of 30AWG copper wire.

Last edited:
thanks
Ill get a pic of D108 posted when I wake up.

I have not given up on making the fast charger PDM
work in a Leaf built for a single charging port.

Used PDM's for single port Leaf are scarce and not available on ebay
Dealers are asking a premium $3,000+ for single charge port PDMs,
while used dual charge ports PDM are $300-$500 and easy to find.
So its important to figure this out.

Might be easier to just do the fast charge upgrade as Dala has documented

I say might. If you can figure out how to get fast the charge PDM working on a J1772-only Leaf--that would be terrific. My white Leaf is J1772 only, and the PDM is the only part I really worry about having to replace due to the excessive cost.

From the bottom photo working up:
L500 = Surface mount common mode CAN Buss filter inductor; example part link , another example pdf

D400 = Zener diode (marking code G2);

R8000 = zero Ohm surface mount resistor (a jumper);
D108 = surface mount signal diode; can't see marking code in the photo.

Also the circuit board trace from CN100 pin 9 (CNTRL) needs to be repaired/patched either with solder or with a piece of 30AWG copper wire.

D108 picture from Fast Charging PDM
PXL_20240507_192428818.MP.jpg

Might be easier to just do the fast charge upgrade as Dala has documented

I say might. If you can figure out how to get fast the charge PDM working on a J1772-only Leaf--that would be terrific. My white Leaf is J1772 only, and the PDM is the only part I really worry about having to replace due to the excessive cost.

the video is fun to watch but the devil is in the details.
https://mynissanleaf.com/threads/20...smd-surface-mounted-device.35576/#post-644064
I am trying to figure out how to do it. ck it out

Last edited:
i suppose that could be a 70-80 V Zener, but it sure seems high for a 12V circuit. Control Pilot, or CNTRL, of the Level 1 or 2 charging port.

That doesn't look like the correct "G2", have you measured the dimensions (length and width)? Also the cathode mark (bar) is missing. The part on your board has a circle mark for the cathode end.

Also 80V zener seems too high to offer any protection or to clamp the voltage on a low voltage control board. Pin 9 is the input from the Control Pilot or CNTRL line of the J1772 EVSE port (Level 1/2 charging), which is a 12V-level signal. See the wiring and pinouts in posts 159 and 160, https://mynissanleaf.com/threads/6-6-kw-charger-on-2013-s-model.21106/post-644113

Here is another G2 diode with 20V reverse voltage,
https://www.panjit.com.tw/upload/datasheet/SS1020FL_SERIES.pdf

Last edited:
Back