2016 Nissan LEAF Information - 30 kWh SV/SL, 24 kWh S

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bruce27513 said:
I've read several places that the EPA rated the 2016 LEAF SL at 125 miles of range.
My 2014 LEAF SL was EPA rated at 84 miles of range. I can get 84 miles in my 2014 LEAF.
That is almost a 49% increase.

I would doubt it considering the Soul EV can do about 100 miles @100 Kph (62 mph) Doubt the Leaf will do 124 at that speed.

GetOffYourGas said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
GetOffYourGas said:
Can you point us less-informed folk to where it was confirmed that the 2016Leaf will have 24kWh / 30kWh USABLE, compared to the 22.5kWh USABLE today?

this thread will work unless you require official word directly from Nissan. if that is the case you may hang onto whatever beliefs you have because there is no help for you

Wow, that was unnecessarily vitriolic. When did I even state what "beliefs" I'm "holding on to"? I even started out my statement by admitting that I am less informed than you are. I've read your blog, I know that you follow these things. I was simply asking for your source.

When you state that something is confirmed, to me that means from the source. I.e. Nissan. When you refer just to discussion on a forum, that is hardly confirmation.

call it what you want but there is no "official" anything here. I have to assume you know that so your question I think is really nonsensical but then again maybe its just me

but we already have a 24 kwh pack, 22.5 usable and that "should be" a given. so now we have a release that says 24 kwh pack and 30 kwh pack will be available.

now that is all we have

so some can think "oh! I bet that 24 kwh is now usable! because others are doing it that way!!

or not

DaveinOlyWA said:
call it what you want but there is no "official" anything here.
Statements from Nissan are considered official about Nissan.
I have to assume you know that so your question I think is really nonsensical but then again maybe its just me
I suspect the majority will find your arguments nonsensical.

Nissan has not made any statements about the 30kwh battery, let alone EPA rating.

So, let us move on.

As you know Nissan went dark after first announcing a September availability of the LEAF, then retracting that date announcement.

In my contacts with Nissan they have been very non-comittal about the launch date, but I have sone secondary info that leads me to believe that the launch date has been pushed out to mid-October.

I had requested a 2016 LEAF SL from the press fleet, and got an availability of mid-October from the company that manages those cars for Nissan. Taking this with the non-responses I have received from the ZEB PR person regarding launch info, probably means that there is a production delay because of either a supplier or manufacturing issue. This type of delay is not unusual for a vehicle that has new parts or technologies.

Then again, It could be that PR simply forgot to order press fleet vehicles like they did with the 2013 cars, and the earliest their order could be fulfilled is October.

So no more news about MY2016 in the USA neither? Here in Europe everybody is waiting for the IAA Cars Fair from 17th to 27th September in Germany, where Nissan is supposed to finally reveal the (European) 2016 LEAF. It's a pity they are dragging this along so far, a model upgrade just should not be delayed till the end of the year.

Based on scheduling of NMAC promotions which extend to all dealer LEAF inventory, the 2016 model year might be available on October 11th.

I spotted a Brown (Forged Bronze) 2016 LEAF at Nissan HQ today.

It had dark cloth interior, not leather, michelin energy tires. The tires had light brown scuff marks from rubbing up against a kerb and looked like they had done several thousand miles already. The doors were locked so I couldn't do much further investigation regarding build date or color codes etc.

They be comin' :)

http://jpwhitenissanleaf.com/2015/09/03/yet-to-be-announced-2016-leaf-spotted-in-the-wild/

JPWhite said:
The doors were locked so I couldn't do much further investigation regarding build date or color codes etc.

Um, do you often open the doors of cars that aren't yours? Seems a bit strange to me. ;)

All indications are that the battery size and colors are about the only difference from the 2015 SV/SL... And that IS one ugly color...

DanCar said:
Would be interested in more pics next time, including back and interior.

ampitupco said:
JPWhite said:
The doors were locked so I couldn't do much further investigation regarding build date or color codes etc.

Um, do you often open the doors of cars that aren't yours? Seems a bit strange to me. ;)

I do that at dealer lots. I alerted my local dealer to the fact that they left several of their LEAF's unlocked with the portable EVSE in the trunk. They are glad I pointed that out given the replacement cost. They lock their Leaf's now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back