2016SL: Non-settable clock?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Levenkay

This morning was the start of the PITA Daylight Savings Time season, so I went into the "Settings->Clock" menus to deal with it. Very conveniently, there was a Daylight Savings TimeON/OFF control. One click, and "mission accomplished".

Um, sort of. Except that the more prominently visible clock readout in the "eyebrow display" didn't update to follow the change. So at the various stoplights on the way home, fumbled around with the menu hard buttons for the driver's console, looking for a way to update the eyebrow display. There was a "Clock" menu quite easily reached, but the only thing it offered was a 12Hr/24Hr format selection. No "set the time"; apparently, it's "automatic only", derived from one of the broadcast sources (GPS?).

Well, that's clever, and what ought to have been standard on VCRs particularly, but then it would need to either be privy to the Nav's Daylight Savings Time state, or to offer one of its own. But (apparently) Nooooo.

Not true. I just updated the daylight savings setting in the Nav unit of my 2016SV & the eyebrow display clock updated right away.

Just try restarting your Leaf.

I just realized today (while setting both clocks for the change in DST) that the clock in the navigation unit can simply be disabled.

Now I only have one clock to set. :)

Thanks for all the suggestions, folks. Yes, I've had a couple early-model LEAFs (a 2011 and a 2012; long story), and they've had different arrangements for their two clock displays. Anyway, I checked the displays out again this morning, and found that they were not only in agreement, but the eyebrow display now follows changes to the DST On/Off control pretty much instantly. I don't know what gives; I'm sure of what I saw and originally reported, but the problem's gone now..

My 2016SL is doing the same thing, I looked in the sub menus but couldn't find anything. Guess they changed the function as both clocks operated together on my 2013SL. Guess I'll have to open up the Owners Manual..

LeafyTesla said:
My 2016SL is doing the same thing, I looked in the sub menus but couldn't find anything. Guess they changed the function as both clocks operated together on my 2013SL. Guess I'll have to open up the Owners Manual..
AND... that clock is used by the timed charging configuration, so I'm going to have to set that clock after all.
Bummer. :p

Here are instruction for navigation manual(1-17)

CLOCK SETTINGS
Clock settings of the system can be changed.

1. Touch [Settings] on the Launch Bar.
2. Touch [Clock].
Available setting items

Setting item Action
[On-screen Clock] Sets the clock display on/off. When this item is on, the clock display appears

[Clock Format (24h)] Turns on/off the24-hourdisplay mode. When turned off, the clock is set to the 12-hour mode.

[Offset (hour)] Adjusts the offset value (hour). [Offset (min)] Adjusts the offset value (minutes).

[Daylight Savings Time] Turns on/off the daylight saving time setting.

[Time Zone] Select an appropriate time zone from the list. When selecting [Auto], the system selects the time zone automatically.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE SETTINGS

Back