2023 tax credit - what if dealership doesn’t turn in paperwork to IRS

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw in a FB thread a gentleman said he was going to get “screwed” because his dealership didn’t turn in the papers to IRS. I sent this screenshot via message to the dealership I purchased from. I have had several issues with them on my 2019 Leaf SV and I’m betting I’m going to be “screwed“ out of my $4k tax credit too. Does anyone know if there is any recourse on this?
IMG_0964.jpeg

It's easy for me to say.....but I'd claim the $4k on my taxes and keep the bill of sale, etc handy in case it is challenged by the IRS. It shouldn't be your problem that the dealer didn't file the form and unless someone else has already claimed the $4k on that car there shouldn't be any issues. Of course, I have no skin in the game. Good luck.

It's easy for me to say.....but I'd claim the $4k on my taxes and keep the bill of sale, etc handy in case it is challenged by the IRS. It shouldn't be your problem that the dealer didn't file the form and unless someone else has already claimed the $4k on that car there shouldn't be any issues. Of course, I have no skin in the game. Good luck.
That’s my intent since I don’t have any other options. This is a shady dealer I found out later. I wouldn’t be surprised if they already took the 4000. It will be a small claims court if they do. It will be my second begins now

Back