22 cars over $100 to fill up (60% american cars)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coqui

This has to change:
http://autos.yahoo.com/news/22-suvs-and-trucks-that-cost-more-than--100-to-fill-up.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(and I'm getting a month of "fill-ups" for about $20! :D )

This is again something for the mathematically (reasoning) challenged....It does not matter how much it costs to
fill your tank, it only matters how often you have to do it.

klapauzius said:
This is again something for the mathematically (reasoning) challenged....It does not matter how much it costs to
fill your tank, it only matters how often you have to do it.
Well maybe both, how much and how often, as a data pair.

Look at the Ford F-250 Lariat. You can go over 800 miles on a tank of diesel but it costs you about $145.00. That's gotta hurt. :shock:

Luft said:
klapauzius said:
Look at the Ford F-250 Lariat. You can go over 800 miles on a tank of diesel but it costs you about $145.00. That's gotta hurt. :shock:

Yes, if I do it every month...

My other (ICE) car has a terrible gas mileage, because its driven mostly cold for 3 miles, 5 days a week.
It has 21 gallon tank, so it costs quite a bit to fill up,but I do it mostly every other month. Even a $145 fill up 6 times year would not
be shocking to me.

The problem lies more in the fact that people do this weekly and dont start to think about serious alternatives.

If my LEAF had a 2 MWh battery, it would also cost me more than $100 :shock: to fill up (and ~ 25 days on L2).

But I would have to do it only once a year :D

klapauzius said:
This is again something for the mathematically (reasoning) challenged....It does not matter how much it costs to fill your tank, it only matters how often you have to do it.

The reason it matters is that most people know how many times a month they fill up and that remains more or less constant. What changes is the cost of a fillup. That is why it matters.

Luft said:
klapauzius said:

Been there, done that and got the t-shirt... except it was a 350. I loved the truck but hated the fuel costs more. It's long gone.

Back