3 month maintenance notice

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackal

Hi,

I received a 3 month maintenance notice from my dealer (Boardwalk).

Questions:

1. What are the things they will be doing?
2. Is this particular only to Boardwalk?
3. If not, if I go to another nearer dealer, would they entertain me since I didnt buy from them?
4. Is there any charges?

Thanks for any info.

We have had our car for 5 months and have received no maintenance notice from our dealer. This must be something Boardwalk is doing independently. Call them and ask what is involved. I don't know of any necessary maintenance after such a short interval.

TT

The Nissan Leaf does not require a "3 month maintenance". The dealer is just trying to separate you from your money. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

My guess is that the Boardwalk notice is sent out for all new cars they sell, although it certainly doesn't apply to the LEAF. Brendan Dolan should tell his service department to fix this.

Jackal, same thing here. I was emailed and sent a letter snailmail. I thought it was pretty funny and sent back an email telling them that there is no 3500 mile or 3 mos. maintenance for a LEAF. I told them there is a yearly battery pack check and tire rotations/cabin air filter every 7500 miles. :mrgreen:

You foolishly did not sign up for the maintenance agreement, now you will have to pay for it out of your own pocket!

It's for dealer profit. You need not do anything beyond what is called for in the maintenance section of your manual and that generally means you won't be seeing the dealer for 12 months until the battery inspection is due. As with any car, you should consider rotating the tires at 7,500 miles but that is really up to you and, of course, can be done anywhere. Be aware that if the tire pressure sensors are not refreshed after a rotation (be it a Nissan dealer or an independent - none of them appear to actually do it), the low tire pressure warning will indicate the wrong tire. I deal with that by simply noting the last 3 digits of the tire DOT number at each corner of the vehicle and making a cross reference chart when I rotate the tires. Thus I know for example, that a RR indication is actually a RF (or whatever).

jackal said:

oakwcj said:
My guess is that the Boardwalk notice is sent out for all new cars they sell, although it certainly doesn't apply to the LEAF. Brendan Dolan should tell his service department to fix this.

Correct. Our CRM fires those out automatically, and it does not specifically apply to the LEAF. Feel free to disregard, and follow the guide in the owners manual. OP if you want, PM me and I'll pull you from the distribution.

Basically what we're looking to do is take a non car savvy, clueless owner, and have them call in to see if they need service. Many people do not follow the service schedule, and OEM's will deny warranty claims if they feel the owner isn't maintaining the car correctly, and bringing it in. By sending these out, we wake up enough people and let them talk with someone who can tell them if they need to service or not. Usually speaking if the email isn't timed with the cars service interval, we'll try to schedule it in advance.

On car forums it's easy to forget that there are a ton of clueless owners who don't maintain their cars, yet when they break they want the OEM to foot the cost. By being proactive we help keep the clueless owners in the loop on what their car needs.

But, for the LEAF (which I've tried to create a custom rule in the CRM to opt out since it doesn't follow ICE car guidelines), the emails don't jive. But that's what the opt out link is for. :lol:

Thats not a bad price. There is a dealer here that quoted me nearly $30 to "rotate my tires", but nissan would pay for the battery check.

Umm...isnt that the cost of an oil change? hmmm.

rainnw said:
Umm...isnt that the cost of an oil change? hmmm.

Not anymore, about $90 if it involves synthetic oil. Perhaps $30 if you bring your own oil and filter to Jiffy Lube and I still keep an eye on them and check the oil level afterwards and again a bit further down the road. Nope I dont trust them :)

I already got 2 snail mail notification regarding that from BW Nissan. The best part was when I got an email with a coupon saying "Its time or Oil change for my 2011 Nissan Leaf" :)

jackal said:
Hi,

Questions:

1. What are the things they will be doing?
2. Is this particular only to Boardwalk?
3. If not, if I go to another nearer dealer, would they entertain me since I didnt buy from them?
4. Is there any charges?

Thanks for any info.
It is all BS. I don't think there is ANY vehicle in the US that needs normal service at 3000 miles.

This is why maintenance should be sooo much lower on a LEAF for most people. The dealer are over servicing the ICE vehicles and the electric drivetrain will be a real show stopper.

We just got a notice (from Broadwalk Nissan) saying that "since our Leaf had done 7500 miles it was time for a service", where they would rotate the tires and check that the suspension and driveshafts are OK.

We have actually done about 4500 miles in four and a half months. We push the little OK button every time we drive, so that Nissan can know everything about the car. :!:

The only thing I'm interested in is a software update, which I know is available (I checked the version and I'm down-rev), and which they didn't mention.

I also changed the suspension (Tein coilovers) got an alignment and rotated the tires already, but I don't expect them to know that.

There needs to be better coordination between Nissan's data collection and the service network.... They could also send out service calls when there are software updates available, since they know what version we have.

Since there is an annual battery check, I'm actually planning to get it checked and have the software updated about every 6 months.

I received a call from the dealer last week telling me that my 3 month oil change and filter on the LEAF was overdue. :lol: I told him that the LEAF is an all electric car and doesn't need oil or a filter. I told him they need to update their notification programming for the LEAF. He mumbled something and then just hung up.

At the rate I put miles on the vehicle (just short errands) I'll take it in once a year at most. Most of my miles are on a Harley :eek:

We were sent an email from our dealer's maintenance department (computer) at 5:00am this Saturday "reminding" us that our Leaf had a 1:30pm appointment that afternoon. No details were provided, but we assume "Marvin" (our daughter's name for the Leaf) must have made that appointment via AT&T/Carwings -- we certainly didn't. :lol: The odometer rolled past 3000 sometime Friday.

I got a letter from Nissan asking me to rate the service i recieved for the 6 month inspection .. I wrote back that $89 every 6 months was never mention doing the car sales speech and a 2 hour wait is a little long just to hook the car up to a computer..The Leaf shows if any thing is wrong at boot up..The car is also under warranty,just inspect the car when ever there is a problem with it..

I would not mind paying $89 once a year but I think every 6 months is just a cash grabber by Nissan ;-(

Back