6 weeks with the e-plus, ask me anything

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
papayaparty said:
The catch is that this is only available for Nissan EV owners, and you have to get a Nissan credit card (1250 yen/year) where the costs will get charged.

Hmm... I declined getting the credit card and still have the 2000 JPY all you can use deal. The charges are directly debited from one of the bank accounts.

During the purchase, I initially even declined getting the whole NCS / ZESP2 program. I didn't need it since I have a Level 2 charger at home. After some more talk, I relented and got the 1000 JPY a month deal to have access to the NCS network. Near the end of the negotiation, they ended up gifting me with two years of the full subscription. I'm pretty much hooked on the service and will likely continue to subscribe even when the two years is up. Really is cheaper then running gasoline which was eating a bit over 10,000 JPY a month. I rarely charge at home, but if I did it would be about 500 JPY a week, making it a wash.

JackTheCommuter said:
papayaparty said:
The catch is that this is only available for Nissan EV owners, and you have to get a Nissan credit card (1250 yen/year) where the costs will get charged.

Hmm... I declined getting the credit card and still have the 2000 JPY all you can use deal. The charges are directly debited from one of the bank accounts.

During the purchase, I initially even declined getting the whole NCS / ZESP2 program. I didn't need it since I have a Level 2 charger at home. After some more talk, I relented and got the 1000 JPY a month deal to have access to the NCS network. Near the end of the negotiation, they ended up gifting me with two years of the full subscription. I'm pretty much hooked on the service and will likely continue to subscribe even when the two years is up. Really is cheaper then running gasoline which was eating a bit over 10,000 JPY a month. I rarely charge at home, but if I did it would be about 500 JPY a week, making it a wash.

Well, congratulations on getting such a good deal. They told me the NCS card has to be linked to a "Nissan Card", so this is not negotiable. I don't care much, as the added yearly cost of the card is still too low for what I'm getting.

Back