80% recharging timer has changed. Any ideas why

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimReed

I have had my 2012 Leaf SL since 11/28/12 with 23,280 miles. I have the timers set to charge to 80% when I plug in. Until last week it has always shown 83% and ten bars. The last three times I have charged it stopped at 75% and nine bars. When I set override timer it still charges to 100% and twelve bars.

Has something been changed in the timer software?

JimReed said:
I have had my 2012 Leaf SL since 11/28/12 with 23,280 miles. I have the timers set to charge to 80% when I plug in. Until last week it has always shown 83% and ten bars. The last three times I have charged it stopped at 75% and nine bars.
Where are these % values coming from? Pre-'13 Leafs have no % SoC gauge/display.

JimReed said:
I have had my 2012 Leaf SL since 11/28/12 with 23,280 miles. I have the timers set to charge to 80% when I plug in. Until last week it has always shown 83% and ten bars. The last three times I have charged it stopped at 75% and nine bars. When I set override timer it still charges to 100% and twelve bars.

Has something been changed in the timer software?

You might find this forum thread informative:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8765" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You might find this forum thread informative:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8765" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote]

The link was very helpful. Thank you.

In response to the question where I get the SOC% on my pre-2013 Leaf, I use the browser version of Carwings to get the SOC%.

JimReed said:
...In response to the question where I get the SOC% on my pre-2013 Leaf, I use the browser version of Carwings to get the SOC%.
Please understand that the %SOC on Carwings is very crude. It just extrapolates the SOC from the number of fuel bars present. So, if you are showing ten fuel bars it will say 83% and if you have nine fuel bars it will say 75%, regardless of the actual SOC.

If you charge to 80% the actual SOC will be within about 1% of 80%, regardless of the number of fuel bars displayed. If you charge to "100%" the actual SOC should be in the 93% to 95% range (the LEAF doesn't charge to a full 100%, to protect the battery). As your battery ages the total amount of charge it can hold will gradually decrease, so 80% and "100%" (94%) are relative to the current capacity of the battery.

Hope that makes sense.

Back