9/29 Open now : Check your dashboards

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just posted on the Rest of September ordering thread, when I guess it should have been here (but for some reason this thread did not show the first time.) Anyway, although it's a duplicate, I'll paste my post here so we can all see and count those who are in. Paste:

I just RAQ at 2:30 pm. I did not have a chance to do it earlier in the day due to jury duty. I am upset because I could not complete the process without making a selection on the screen that asks how I would like to pay for my home charging dock installation. There was only one radio button to select: by credit card. I could not RAQ without selecting that. This is contrary to everything I had been told by the dealer and by the Nissan rep in the live chat who both assured me that I was on record as having waived the EVSE. If my credit card gets charged (they have the number since I did the assessment) I will be one unhappy camper. I have not received the email. I ordered the SV blue.

ouch...tantrums? Me or Nissan :)

Anyways, yeah, moving forward with the LEAF...not 100% sure yet...keeping options open...

Being actually able to order is a big plus for sure...

But it's all good. Last minute change from White to Silver...added the level 3 charger and floor mats and the eco package.

Decided to lease as I likely won't be getting the LEAF till 2011---so buying to get the 7500 rebate is less attractive as I will be waiting a year for that rebate vs a couple of months if the car came in December. If the car by surprise make it here in Dec I will likely change from LEASE to BUY-- Of course even then I might lease as I still plan on getting the Fiat 500 EV in 2012 or 2013...

Still, I could see driving a LEAF for a couple of years...great car, great company...and best of all, it's an EV...bout time :)

The other option is still there too (number 137 for a Fiat 500 prima edition)...love that little car...it would be more the size and style I want...sadly not an EV for a couple of more years...

So........as always, time will tell...but today is a good day :)

Gavin

I rushed to my dashboard and it still has the X by the order the Leaf :cry: I kind of feel like its getting close to Christmas and most of you can now see your presents under the tree but can not open them untill Christmas :) I can not wait untill you all have your cars and you can tell the world how great the Leaf is :mrgreen:

smkettner said:
Those still waiting..... what time did you reserve?
I ordered today and I think I reserved about 5:30p on 4/20.

I was out of state Mon. night-Wed. (just got home late Wed. night), so have no idea what time my dashboard opened earlier today (Wed.), but the ordering email came in at 3:05 PM Wed. I had no chance to access a comp Wed., so what's funny is that I watched all month long and nothing happened, and then when I couldn't watch, the dashboard opened and I received the email. :roll: So I did the RAQ after midnight MST/PDT.
The email came at 2:55 PM MST/PDT and I reserved around 3 PM on 4/20.

leaffan said:
smkettner said:
Those still waiting..... what time did you reserve?
I ordered today and I think I reserved about 5:30p on 4/20.

I was out of state Mon. night-Wed. (just got home late Wed. night), so have no idea what time my dashboard opened earlier today (Wed.), but the ordering email came in at 3:05 PM Wed. I had no chance to access a comp Wed., so what's funny is that I watched all month long and nothing happened, and then when I couldn't watch, the dashboard opened and I received the email. :roll: So I did the RAQ after midnight MST/PDT.
The email came at 2:55 PM MST/PDT and I reserved around 3 PM on 4/20.

WoooHooo! Congrats on your RAQ!!!! What did you spec out?

johnr said:
Rat said:
I ordered the SV blue.
Awesome! Looks like you and I are the only ones ordering the SV blue
That's good. Fresno is far enough from Silicon Valley that I don't think our cars will get mistaken for each other. Since the SV has no fast charge capability even in the future, charging stations on 152 wouldn't even do the job. We're destined never to intersect.

Rat said:
johnr said:
Rat said:
I ordered the SV blue.
Awesome! Looks like you and I are the only ones ordering the SV blue
That's good. Fresno is far enough from Silicon Valley that I don't think our cars will get mistaken for each other. Since the SV has no fast charge capability even in the future, charging stations on 152 wouldn't even do the job. We're destined never to intersect.
Don't get too cocky. I've been thinking that my blue SV might possibly make it to Fresno sometime, even though it's 130 miles from here, and over Pacheco pass. You see, my wife's sister lives in Fresno, and when we drive over there my wife always wants to stop in Los Baños for a couple of hours to shop. So if we stretched that to three hours, and added a leisurely meal, and took 152 and 99 at 50 MPH, and got good regen coming down off the pass, we just might make it. If not, and we grind to a halt on Shaw, there's always our AAA Plus card. Once at sis-in-law's we just let it sip 120v for a day and it'll be ready to come home. Same drill for the return trip, and if we can make it to the top of the pass we should be golden.

Hey, I can always dream, can't I?

Back