About to be a new owner... I think

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timny1984

Ok guys and gals, I'm sorry for not reading through tons of threads before posting this. I'm limited on time so i wanted to start some dialog. I have a deposit on this car.

http://www.westherr.com/used/Nissan/2012-Nissan-LEAF-e7c403190a0e0ae7201cb2e4ccccc773.htm

2012 SV. I REALLY wanted a 2013 for the better 6.6 charger. I currently drive a FitEV and love it. But this price is almost to good to pass up.

I'm going to buy LeafSpy Pro and go run the program tomorrow morning before i buy and see what shape the battery is in. Currently at 11 bars of capacity and i'm hoping it's closer to that 85% number.

What do you think of the price? no brainer? The slower charger is my biggest concern. I have a feeling i'll really know the difference between the FitEV and the slower 2012 Leaf.

I'm going to go read up on cold weather range as living in Buffalo NY we see our fair share of cold cold weather. This will be the wifes car for her 44 mile round trip commute. (back roads around 45mph averages.). Any extra info i can get would be great.

Thanks,

Tim

Price is right. The car is from CT so the battery didn't bake in FL, AZ or TX. Do I see QC cables on the motor bay shot?
3.3 kW charging is super slow compared to your FitEV, though.

Timny1984 said:
I'm going to go read up on cold weather range as living in Buffalo NY we see our fair share of cold cold weather. This will be the wifes car for her 44 mile round trip commute. (back roads around 45mph averages.).
I'm still doing a 60 miles round trip commute in my 10-bar 2012 SV. I now have to charge for an hour or two with the trickle charger in cold weather to make it back. I think you'll be fine for the whole round-trip for quite a while.

I would *not* suggest a gen 1 Leaf for a woman commuting in Buffalo! Nor for a man without a passionate love for cold cars and hypermiling. I did a 43 mile commute in a similar climate, and with 12 bars and a heat pump, my range in the worst weather was about 45 miles - with the heater turned down. This is a bad idea for anything but a PHEV or a 30KWH Leaf.

Thanks for the input. She's mostly good with just the heater steering wheel and seats. She actually hates using the heat. She'll take the truck on real bad days when it's single digits out or we have 4-7 get of snow. Lol, wish I was kidding on that one.
I think we might get the car, test it for a month, and if it suits our needs get rid of the fit after a trial period. Think I'd have issues selling a leaf for $7k in a month? Heck if gas prices go up I might get more back.

I didn't know exactly what i was looking at on the leafspy app. But it seems like after a charge it was at 210 GIDs and roughly 87-89% SOC, Does that seem about normal? I'm going back in 1 hour to buy the thing baring some crazy negative popping up.

thanks, i'm trying to remember what that said. Would the car actually go to 11 bars capacity if the SOH read 86._%? I'm pretty sure that's what it read when i first saw it. I guess that would be the best case at 11 bars

here's something.... 132 DC quick charges. and 1426 L1/L2's.... i guess that might explain for the lost capacity in a north eastern cool climate leaf? that seems like a lot of quick charges. but i guess it's only 43 a year, So once every week and a few days. Should i be concerned about this?

Mine had about 270 quick charges when I bought it last summer. It has hovered between 86-84% SOH since I got it and lost its first bar a few weeks ago. I am still happy with my purchase.

oh wow. Sounds like this car is nothing out of the ordinary. I'm going to go buy it right now. in 1 hour i'll probably be a legit member here.
:D

Tim

Back