Airbag DTCs - diagnosis?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dexter

Hi all... any help appreciated ;)

2014 Nissan Leaf being reactivated after winter. The 12V battery was dead and been replaced, lots of DTCs on LeafSpy on first look. LeafSpy clears them all except:

B1430-13 09 AIR BAG =
PRE-TEN FRONT LH [OPEN]

B142A-16 AIR BAG
=
IGNITION VOLTAGE [VB-LOW]

I have 2 relevant documents from the web that I guess are Service Manuals? From these they translate as above.

The 12V battery voltage looks fine from LeafSpy (14.4 when Ign on, 12.8V off), so guess the Air Bag sensor unit is not seeing the correct voltage, or it has a backup battery (referred to somewhere) that is flat?

When Ign goes on, Airbag light is on for 7s then regularly blinks as per SRC-12 second diagram.

I could persevere with getting it into 'Diagnosis Mode', but guess that will only reflect the DTC codes LeafSpy gets?

If anyone has the right understanding / experience to guide me through trying to diagnose / fix this would be appreciated. I have not tried this DTC area before, so guess some of it is just getting into the routine... maybe just needs some miles / time for the Sby battery (if there is one) to charge up?

Thanks for any help (y)

Back