All EV Rally, BC2BC-2013, 1500 miles from Canada to Mexico

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If somebody could help me out with this.... I need a picture of the back license plate from a WA and OR resident vehicle so I can see the placement of the stickers. If anyone would be willing to email me a picture to "support at evplates dot com" so I can make sure this flipping maneuver is going to work. Thanks in advance for the help. :)

Ok, here's the flipped version:

BC2BCPlateFrame3Flipped.jpg

TonyWilliams said:
Are front plates issued/required in OR and/or WA state? If so, does the registration sticker go on the front?
Both states require front plates, and I would have sworn that tabs are required on both front & back (at least, I remember putting them on the front when I lived in WA 25+ years ago). But when I took a tour of our parking lot just now, the only WA vehicle I found didn't have any tags on its front plate. I know that OR gives you two sets of tabs when you renew. Here's a picture of my rear plate.

Levenkay said:
TonyWilliams said:
Are front plates issued/required in OR and/or WA state? If so, does the registration sticker go on the front?
Both states require front plates, and I would have sworn that tabs are required on both front & back (at least, I remember putting them on the front when I lived in WA 25+ years ago). But when I took a tour of our parking lot just now, the only WA vehicle I found didn't have any tags on its front plate. I know that OR gives you two sets of tabs when you renew. Here's a picture of my rear plate.

Based on your picture, it looks like the flipped plate frame should work ok for OR plates. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. We don't use stickers on our plates here in Texas (the stickers go on our windshield instead), so I didn't even think about that when I was working on them.

vrwl said:
Levenkay said:
TonyWilliams said:

Based on your picture, it looks like the flipped plate frame should work ok for OR plates. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. We don't use stickers on our plates here in Texas (the stickers go on our windshield instead), so I didn't even think about that when I was working on them.

IMAG0150.jpg

BIGneutrino said:

Hmmm, the original one might work best for WA. Since the stickers are directly under the screw holes, only a very minimal part of the stickers would be obscured with the original version of the plate frame. Opinions?

We've only had one customer from WA purchase our regular plate frames at our online store. We haven't heard anything back from that person regarding the frames covering the stickers or being problematic, so that, combined with this picture, leads me to believe the regular version of the frame should be ok.

TonyWilliams said:
Front plates are required in Washington State but the tabs are only on the rear plate.

I just checked my plates for the position of the tabs. They are under the screws.

I'm a little bummed out now. I see that someone has vandalized my personalized plate. The custom plate frames look very cool however.

vrwl said:
BIGneutrino said:

Hmmm, the original one might work best for WA. Since the stickers are directly under the screw holes, only a very minimal part of the stickers would be obscured with the original version of the plate frame. Opinions?

We've only had one customer from WA purchase our regular plate frames at our online store. We haven't heard anything back from that person regarding the frames covering the stickers or being problematic, so that, combined with this picture, leads me to believe the regular version of the frame should be ok.

I've tried paying attention to others' plate frames today, and have seen a number of vehicles with plate frames like the original (cut outs on top), and it works. Actually, I think that this would be the preferred WA orientation.

BIGneutrino said:
vrwl said:
BIGneutrino said:

I've tried paying attention to others' plate frames today, and have seen a number of vehicles with plate frames like the original (cut outs on top), and it works. Actually, I think that this would be the preferred WA orientation.

Ok, good, thanks for checking that out for us. :) So it looks like the only one I need to modify is the one OR participant plate frame. No problem, we can get that taken care of. Unfortunately, their's just won't look exactly like everyone else's. :(

Very Kewl!

Tony, will the BC2BC web site have a place where we can post our progress, stories and maybe even pictures and/or dash cam videos?

Luft said:
Very Kewl!

Tony, will the BC2BC web site have a place where we can post our progress, stories and maybe even pictures and/or dash cam videos?

Yes, it should have a blog, and a tracking page. I'm using the SPOT that I used last year, and I recommend something like that for everybody. They aren't cheap, unfortunately.

This is the model I use:

http://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=102" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Plus, you have to pay for the annual service.

[youtube]8pRAuZTSO_M[/youtube]

http://youtu.be/8pRAuZTSO_M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tony, for the people dependent on near a full charge to get back home, do you plan to take reservations, or ? To avoid 5 hours of Level 2 charging elsewhere, being assured of a DC QC might be the deciding factor in attending or not. Thanks!

cbiwww said:
Tony, for the people dependent on near a full charge to get back home, do you plan to take reservations, or ? To avoid 5 hours of Level 2 charging elsewhere, being assured of a DC QC might be the deciding factor in attending or not. Thanks!

We can, of course. Since the only cars needing a charge will likely be LEAF and iMiev, it should be easy.

You won't likely get a full charge, but a big boost... depending on how many are waiting in line.

Back