All of the Sudden, I'm Seeing (Being Seen By) Lots of Leafs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There seems to be a new blue one that lives somewhere in the next block over. One thing about LEAFs is that most people are parking them in their garages, so you can be living practically next door and not know about one.

smkettner said:
Parking in the garage??? That will clean up the streets of suburbia :lol:
What a great concept ;)
No kidding! It was a multiple-week effort to clean out our middle garage stall so we could make a home for our Leaf!

My old Subaru remains in its driveway parking spot, same as before the coming of the Leaf.

I was at a supermarket parking lot today and a lovely lady named Ruthie and her daughter ran over to me as I got out of my LEAF. They had big smiles on their faces and said that they were expecting their blue LEAF in about a week and they were really excited, and could they take a picture in front of my car for Ruthie's husband? Of course, I complied, taking a picture of both of them with my car. A very fun encounter.

davewill said:
There seems to be a new blue one that lives somewhere in the next block over. One thing about LEAFs is that most people are parking them in their garages, so you can be living practically next door and not know about one.
At our neighborhood meet-and-greet block party the other week, one of my neighbors found out where I lived and went "Oh! You had a LEAF parked in the driveway a couple times a while ago! I wanted to ask... do you know anything about the car?"

Since the car only appeared in the driveway sporadically, he figured it was a friend's car and belonged to someone who occasionally visited. When he found out the car was actually mine, he got wide-eyed and had many questions, culminating in "Could you pull it around for us to see?" Hee.

Packet said:
davewill said:
At our neighborhood meet-and-greet block party the other week, one of my neighbors found out where I lived and went "Oh! You had a LEAF parked in the driveway a couple times a while ago! I wanted to ask... do you know anything about the car?"
One of our friends who has a LEAF also recently found out that a neighbor on their street also has one. Much tougher to do since most people park ther LEAFs in the garage. May be a good idea to periodically park in the driveway when you don't need to charge to help meet other neighbors interested in EVs!

This weekend, we were on Lomas Santa Fe in Solana Beach, heading west, stopped at a light. A big ol' Mercedes pulled up next to us, the driver grinning and making the universal hand signal to roll down the window. We did, and he was asking about how many miles we get and such. He said he'd just put solar on his house, sized to support charging an EV, and has a Leaf on order.

The next day, we stopped at Home Depot, where I went in to make an exchange while the wife and kids waited in the car. When I came back, the Mrs was engaged in a show-and-tell was going on with a guy who works for the city (Encinitas) and has been mulling over getting a Leaf.

Seems this thread has turned into "All of a Sudden, I'm Being Seen A Lot In My Leaf"

Today on the way to work, another blue Leaf pulled up next to me at the light on coast highway and 4th street/Del Mar Heights (I was in the left turn lane, he was in the left lane). We smiled and waved at each other. As he pulled away, I saw he had paper plates from Pacific Nissan, and frames that said Cardiff-by-the-Sea...another Encinitas Leaf?

You on this board?

I'm sure the LAX terminal 1 parking lot doesn't really count, but there were 5 silvers, 3 reds, a blue and a black leaf at 1 am this morning when we retrieved our silver one.

We will see how the terminal 6 area compares at the end of September!

nancy

I have only seen one to date that was a specific gathering. It was red and up near SH 121 and the DNT. Thats it. I also rarely every get asked about the car nor get any stares or inquirings from the general public. It seems the awareness that it is an EV is from when its either charging in public (happened only once) or when twice when I pulled out of a fuel efficient car parking spot at a best buy. Otherwise I go about completely unnoticed.

Back