Any shortcut to cancel the current route?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolle

I love my LEAF. It is a great car. However, the navigation/GPS experience is really horrible...

I know how to cancel the current route. But, I have to click FOUR times.

(1) Hit Menu
(2) Hit Route/Destination
(3) Hit Cancel
(4) Finally, hit "Yes"

It is EXTREMELY inconvenient and distracting while driving. Google Maps and even Garmin provide a shortcut to cancel with one or at most two clicks.

Is there any way to make a shortcut to cancel the current navigation?

carolle said:
I love my LEAF. It is a great car. However, the navigation/GPS experience is really horrible...

(1) Hit Menu
(3) Hit Cancel
(4) Finally, hit "Yes"

It is EXTREMELY inconvenient and distracting while driving. Google Maps and even Garmin provide a shortcut to cancel with one or at most two clicks.

In my 7 yr old Prius, I push the "talk" switch, and say "suspend guidance". Maybe Nissan will catch up some day. :roll:

I was going to start a new thread (before finding this oldish one) to suggest, at the very least, omitting the 4th/confirmation step in this lengthy process. I think Nissan can be pretty confident that if the user has gone three steps deep into the menu system to suspend the current route, that it wasn't done by accident. For goodness' sake!!

mbender said:
I think Nissan can be pretty confident that if the user has gone three steps deep into the menu system to suspend the current route, that it wasn't done by accident. For goodness' sake!!
Remember, this is the company which has asked me 3,771 times whether I agree to have my driving data transmitted to Carwings, to which I've replied "OK" 3,771 times. Yet they haven't the slightest idea whether or not I'm likely to agree on the 3,772nd time.

I can cancel it with one click.

I click the CD-AUX button and then I can't see the map.

Oh, I disabled all audio on the guidance system the 2nd day I owned the LEAF.

I hate anything that interrupts my music!

derkraut said:
In my 7 yr old Prius, I push the "talk" switch, and say "suspend guidance". Maybe Nissan will catch up some day. :roll:
Ditto. When I drove my Prius more, I used that voice command semi-frequently. I believe "delete destination" voice command will do roughly the same thing.

It is a shame that the vocabulary and voice recognition capabilities on the '13 Leaf's nav system are pretty lousy compared to that of the '06 Prius. (And heck, for whatever reason, Toyota usually does horribly in nav system surveys.) Let's see what the '14 Leaf's voice recognition allows...

carolle said:

(1) Hit Menu
(3) Hit Cancel
(4) Finally, hit "Yes"

3-lb sledgehammer.

Lasareath said:
...Oh, I disabled all audio on the guidance system the 2nd day I owned the LEAF...
If doing that also disables the Low Battery Warning audio message — I have no idea if it does — I would find that unfortunate. I like getting the LBW audio prompt.

I rarely use the nav system — it isn't as if I don't know where I am going within the limited LEAF range. The problem is that when I do use it I have forgotten the cancel route procedure the OP outlines. I find it decidedly not user-friendly.

After reading the thread title I was going to suggest just hitting menu-route-cancel-yes, but then I see you know that already. I don't find it distracting. I consider that a shortcut and can do it in about two seconds with my main vision on the road and only about two split second glances at the screen. I don't use any voice navigation features. As a writer I've tried using voice recognition software for my writing since my hands get sore typing all day, but I find that to be too distracting. The recognition is good, i.e. accurate, but you have be concentrating on speaking clearly and you have remember all the individual commands, for punctuation or capitals, for example, and other anomalies of the software instead of on the content of what you are writing. I agree, though, that step 4 should be unnecessary.

Back