Any way to keep "recirculate air" on when defog is on?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant

It is very annoying when I need to use the defog setting for the windshield and the climate system forces it to "fresh air" instead of recirculate. It just deactivates the recirculate button when it's in a defog mode. One of the reasons I drive an electric car in the first place is so I don't have to breathe in exhaust fumes. Is there any way to keep it on recirculate no matter what mode I'm using? Many other cars allow you to do this, including my previous car (a Lexus).

Thanks.
Grant

Recirculating the air defeats defogging. Recirculated air humidity rises rapidly in a closed cabin leading quickly to fogged glass. Nissan locks out recirculation during defogging/defrosting to avoid fogging complaints from their customers, on all their vehicles. Sometimes you just can't win.

The 13MY has new logic.

kovalb said:
Recirculating the air defeats defogging. Recirculated air humidity rises rapidly in a closed cabin leading quickly to fogged glass. Nissan locks out recirculation during defogging/defrosting to avoid fogging complaints from their customers, on all their vehicles. Sometimes you just can't win.

The air conditioning lowers the humidity and is able to keep the windows from fogging. I did this all the time for 12 years in my Lexus and it worked fine.

Back