Anybody else getting SHOCKED?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my LEAF for over 3 months and I still get shocked every time I exit the car. So, it doesn't go away for some of us lucky ones. I also get shocked every time I drive our Mazda (infrequently these days) and it is 4 years old. It seems to affect me a lot more than my wife, and my kids don't get shocked at all. Who knows? But, it's nothing to worry about.

JasonT said:
chuck58 said:
Are you people really just going to chalk it up as harmless static electricity build up. Really?
Yes. With my first car (a Geo Metro convertible) I got shocked almost every time I got out of the car. It wasn't until I got my Miata with leather seats that I realized it was the cloth seats that were the problem. This is not unique to the Leaf or to EVs.
While seats are a factor, LRR tires are a well known cause of getting shocked when getting out of cars.

Ive had my car for 3 days now and today I was shocked twice when getting out. My prius had cloth seats and never shocked me. while it surprised me, no real harm

Someone posted a solution earlier how they just touch something metal on the door with their elbow before getting out.

Back