Anyone able to order with "eTec application pending" status?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dashboard went to "eTec application accepted" without any assessment visit. I suppose that's based on my answers indicating a very simple installation, and that they will confirm that when they do come out. Order is still not possible, and delivery date is still "pending." No mail from Nissan. And no contact from eTec. I suppose Etec won't ask me to schedule an installation date until they see my delivery date is in sight.

sparky said:
I just got an EVProject email late today wanting to sched an assessment in a week, but it's from Wilson Electric in AZ.
I'm in SoCal...??
Whoa! I thought it was weird when I got a contractor from Anaheim assigned to come do my assessment in San Diego, but an AZ contractor to do one in Lo-Cal? Does Wilson Elec. have a CA branch office? Is there not enough capacity within the local contractors to handle all the assessments/installs here? There are electricians begging for work down here in SD. Is it a training thing? Not enough contractors have been familiarized with the program and the EVSE requirements or something?

TT

walterbays said:
I suppose Etec won't ask me to schedule an installation date until they see my delivery date is in sight.
Yes, the standard response is that your Blink installation will take place approx. 2 weeks before your delivery date.

TT

ttweed said:
It's already been 3 days since they did it, and as near as I can determine, I won't hear anything for at least another week.
TT
Thought I would update my own thread by saying that I received my assessment results from the contractor today, and I qualify for a free Blink charger installation, which was what I expected (still not sure why my survey answers put me in the "pending" group in the first place). In my case, it took 6 days from assessment/inspection to notification of the results (9/11-9/17), which was faster than the contractor originally told me would happen, but not as fast as others have experienced.

My dashboard still says "Etec application pending" and the order window is not open, so I am back to waiting, but at least another step has been checked off the list. Will report back when/if my status changes.

TT

Tomorrow will be one week since I got my acceptance email from the contractor, but still no change in my "eTec application pending" status and nothing at all heard from Ecotality. I sent them a followup email today asking what's going on and why is there this delay???

As far as I can tell, I am still going to have to sign and fax them a residential agreement for SDG&E customers before they will accept me into the program, and I haven't even been invited to do that yet.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
TT

walterbays said:
My dashboard went to "eTec application accepted" without any assessment visit. I suppose that's based on my answers indicating a very simple installation, and that they will confirm that when they do come out. Order is still not possible, and delivery date is still "pending." No mail from Nissan. And no contact from eTec. I suppose Etec won't ask me to schedule an installation date until they see my delivery date is in sight.

Walterbays, you're the first one besides myself that I've seen that has "eTec application accepted", but hasn't been able to order. What day/time did you reserve (3 PM MST/4/20)? Mine was changed from "sorry, you didn't qualify...." to the present one on Sept. 4, but I was told by phone call that I was accepted Aug. 17. It took that long for Nissan to get the correct info from EVP.

leaffan said:
Walterbays, you're the first one besides myself that I've seen that has "eTec application accepted", but hasn't been able to order. What day/time did you reserve (3 PM MST/4/20)?

I reserved on 8/31, at which time the reservation list was about 16 to 17 thousand. I'm not surprised (any more) that I can't order yet since I've yet to see anyone able to order who reserved as late as 4/21, and understand why you use the time of day on 4/20 to differentiate who gets to order in September versus October. :)

By the way, who knew about the magic 4/20 date? Was it a special offer that went out to loyal Nissan owners? Or did it go to people active in EV and environmental societies? Back in April I was vaguely aware of the Leaf, but never considered it for myself until I sat down and started to calculate my daily driving pattern to see how well a Chevy Volt might work for me.

leaffan said:
Mine was changed from "sorry, you didn't qualify...." to the present one on Sept. 4, but I was told by phone call that I was accepted Aug. 17. It took that long for Nissan to get the correct info from EVP.

I think they have a certain number of EV project slots to fill in each target city, and they probably triage the applications: 1) those where the questionnaire makes it seem very unlikely the site and driving conditions are suitable; 2) those where it seems very likely they are suitable; and 3) those where they're unsure. I bet they focus limited site evaluation resources on group 2, send "qualify" notices to group 1, and "unqualify" notices to group 3. As they succeed or fail in filling all the city's slots, and as they are able to do more on-site evaluations, they probably get more or less selective in defining the groups. So I bet they initially rejected you as unlikely, and then when they needed more participants in Phoenix and had some spare time to go look, they saw your situation and decided you qualified.

walterbays said:
By the way, who knew about the magic 4/20 date? Was it a special offer that went out to loyal Nissan owners? Or did it go to people active in EV and environmental societies?
I believe the email went out on 4/20 to those who had signed up on the Nissan site to be kept informed of Leaf development, inviting them to reserve their car. Their web advertising, etc., also changed to a "Reserve yours now" campaign around that time, so some people may have heard about the reservation period opening without being on the Leaf mailing list through advertising on "green" websites and word of mouth.

If you didn't sign up on 4/20, there is no way you got a Sept. order date, it seems. Even some people reserving late on 4/20 got Oct. order dates, I believe.

TT

walterbays said:
leaffan said:
Walterbays, you're the first one besides myself that I've seen that has "eTec application accepted", but hasn't been able to order. What day/time did you reserve (3 PM MST/4/20)?

I reserved on 8/31, at which time the reservation list was about 16 to 17 thousand. I'm not surprised (any more) that I can't order yet since I've yet to see anyone able to order who reserved as late as 4/21, and understand why you use the time of day on 4/20 to differentiate who gets to order in September versus October. :)

By the way, who knew about the magic 4/20 date? Was it a special offer that went out to loyal Nissan owners? Or did it go to people active in EV and environmental societies? Back in April I was vaguely aware of the Leaf, but never considered it for myself until I sat down and started to calculate my daily driving pattern to see how well a Chevy Volt might work for me.

leaffan said:
Mine was changed from "sorry, you didn't qualify...." to the present one on Sept. 4, but I was told by phone call that I was accepted Aug. 17. It took that long for Nissan to get the correct info from EVP.

I think they have a certain number of EV project slots to fill in each target city, and they probably triage the applications: 1) those where the questionnaire makes it seem very unlikely the site and driving conditions are suitable; 2) those where it seems very likely they are suitable; and 3) those where they're unsure. I bet they focus limited site evaluation resources on group 2, send "qualify" notices to group 1, and "unqualify" notices to group 3. As they succeed or fail in filling all the city's slots, and as they are able to do more on-site evaluations, they probably get more or less selective in defining the groups. So I bet they initially rejected you as unlikely, and then when they needed more participants in Phoenix and had some spare time to go look, they saw your situation and decided you qualified.

No, actually I did the EVP's questionnaire in Nov. '09 on their EVP's website. There was never any doubt about qualifying as I was 'pre-approved' which means no assessment is needed. They just 'lost' my questionnaire and I had to fax them another one, but Nissan never received the code that showed I was approved/accepted until Sept. 4th.
The reason we knew about the 4/20 order date was that we signed up on Nissan's website for email notices way before 4/20. I signed up in Nov. '09 to begin receiving Nissan's emails about the LEAF and the ordering date.

Back