Anyone else with March Delivery still waiting for the Car ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pksd1

Like to know if there is anyone else still waiting for their March delivery like me? I know there is something unusual about my delivery, but it would be nice to know from someone (anyone), that may know (or guess) what might have happened.

My Week of March 28th and 4-7 months from the date of order are up, but no news about my car. The trend is, everyone gets their car few to several days before the delivery date. Mine has gone a week over, and still no information or assistance on this matter from team Nissan.

Thanks.....

Call your dealer... When I got my "7 days till delivery" email, I called them to find out if they had a more specific estimate of when the truck would arrive and was told "we're backing your LEAF off the truck right now!"

DarkStar said:
Call your dealer... When I got my "7 days till delivery" email, I called them to find out if they had a more specific estimate of when the truck would arrive and was told "we're backing your LEAF off the truck right now!"

I never got the "7 day delivery" email. No one from Nissan knows where the car is(online customer support and the dealer) !!!!

I haven't recd. mine either. I have called dealer and He says the Port has gone silent and ge isn't able to get any answers. I got my 7 day email mar 18 th or so. I am am going to call Nissan tomorrow and deman an explanation which of course they won't have. You are not alone.

Let me know what you find out. I inquired with the regular customer support ([email protected]) last week and got this answer.

" Your estimated delivery is the week of March 28th. This is an estimate based on the production schedule and delivery time to your chosen dealer. You may follow up with your dealer directly at .........."

When I told them my dealer does not have any delivery information, this is what they told me.

" We do not have vehicle specific tracking available for an individual order once shipped to the US"

In other words...Dead End ! :x

pksd1 said:
When I told them my dealer does not have any delivery information, this is what they told me.

" We do not have vehicle specific tracking available for an individual order once shipped to the US"
And here's the kicker.. they don't have vehicle-specific tracking available for an individual order before it's shipped to the US either! Bahahaaha... Almost as fun as that game where they say to "ask your dealership" and your dealership says "no idea, ask Nissan". Never gets old.

If I ever run a multi-national billion dollar company and decide to have a Customer Service department, remind me to actually connect them to information the customers probably want.

Seriously, any off-shore call center with access to the public Nissan site could dish out the same answers and made-up BS Live Chat does. They may not even be related at all. For all I know, the whole thing is just a placating scam servicing multiple car companies.

See if you can trip them up and get them to talk about Mazdas.

I strongly suspect many Leafs are held up at port right now while they are making the software update to resolve the ac inop issue we have seen discussed here. I think this may be the reason why a car that should have come in last week might have been delayed. Seems as though there was the beginning of Leaf deliveries and then an abrupt stop. I think and hope this is the case, and that it will be handled fast. Better to get the car right and not experience the issues.

Porbably true but then they should just tell that to the dealership so they can pass that info to the customer. My date on DB is in past which makes no sense, not that anything made sense before..

csriram45 said:
Porbably true but then they should just tell that to the dealership so they can pass that info to the customer. My date on DB is in past which makes no sense, not that anything made sense before..

So true...so true. :cry: :cry: :cry:

mossyleaf said:
I strongly suspect many Leafs are held up at port right now while they are making the software update to resolve the ac inop issue we have seen discussed here. I think this may be the reason why a car that should have come in last week might have been delayed. Seems as though there was the beginning of Leaf deliveries and then an abrupt stop. I think and hope this is the case, and that it will be handled fast. Better to get the car right and not experience the issues.

Thanks for the update Leon, I agree we would rather wait then receive cars with issues.

But that’s no accuse for Nissan to keep us uninformed. At the least they should notify the customers whose deliveries are overdue, with an apology and a new delivery date. At this point we have no idea if we are getting our cars in one day or in one month. Hopefully in one week !

I just posted on April delivery with the update I got from dealer. As per him it could take weeks for next delivery. As usual Nissan Reps have no clue... So everyone is currently at port's mercy and knowing how they have processed things the later cars might get an update much earlier than the cars that have been due much longer..

mossyleaf said:
Better to get the car right and not experience the issues.

Truer words have never been spoken........

I took delivery last week, Wednesday and Thursday afternoon my LEAF was on a flatbed headed back to the dealer.
I walked some shoe leather and frustration off during my stroll home!

The coveted software fix (patch) was applied and my LEAF was back in my garage on Saturday.
The breakdown and Nissan dealer fix dumped a load of doubt about reliability on me.
Now I never leave home without my phone, some bus fare, and a good pair of walking shoes...... ;)

The wait for the fix (Software Update) will be well worth everyones time...

Since I have not visited the forum for past week ( I was pissed off about the delivery order and did not want to hear the word LEAF), I was not aware of this problem. Now I can see why mine and other’s deliveries are delayed, and I am at peace with that.

Issues like this emphasizes how important is communication from Nissan to its customers. For every one person on this forum, there are 10 more out there that do not visit this site and are wondering where their car is…not good for the customer or Nissan.

Back