Are there any undelivered September orders (besides Rat)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueSL

Spreadsheet anomalies aside (by this I mean line items which have not been updated), it looks like Nissan has cleared out the September orders and is now beginning to chip away at October. (I know they are also filling the Jan/Feb/Mar orders, but I am only interested here in what Nissan is doing to correct its prior actions).

Not everyone is on the spreadsheet, of course. Are there any unfulfilled September orders left out there?

BlueSL said:
Spreadsheet anomalies aside (by this I mean line items which have not been updated), it looks like Nissan has cleared out the September orders and is now beginning to chip away at October. (I know they are also filling the Jan/Feb/Mar orders, but I am only interested here in what Nissan is doing to correct its prior actions).

Not everyone is on the spreadsheet, of course. Are there any unfulfilled September orders left out there?
I have a friend who canceled his order through the dealer, but did not tell Nissan, since the dealer wants the car. So, as far as Nissan knows, my friend's order is still active. He ordered in mid-September and Nissan is still sending him emails saying "Your car will arrive soon," which, as we all know, could be any time in the next few months. And he visited the dealer to chat, and learned that "his" car has not yet arrived.

So, yes, there are September orders still waiting.

daniel said:
I have a friend who canceled his order through the dealer, but did not tell Nissan, since the dealer wants the car. So, as far as Nissan knows, my friend's order is still active. He ordered in mid-September and Nissan is still sending him emails saying "Your car will arrive soon," which, as we all know, could be any time in the next few months. And he visited the dealer to chat, and learned that "his" car has not yet arrived.

Boy, it sure would be nice if your friend told Nissan before the car is invoiced to the dealer. That would be one more car Nissan could allocate to a skipped order.

I'm a September order month that was allowed to finally order in September and I haven't gotten the car yet - but hopefully next week.

I'm a September order month that was finally able to order in late October (through ecotality snafu) and I have a Month of June delivery estimate.

But maybe you meant those who in September were at the point where they could request a quote?

BlueSL said:
daniel said:
Boy, it sure would be nice if your friend told Nissan before the car is invoiced to the dealer. That would be one more car Nissan could allocate to a skipped order.
I guess it was a question of doing a favor to the dealer, who is local and we know, vs doing a favor to some unknown person probably in another state. Anyway, at the time we placed the orders he intended to buy the car. Why he decided to let the dealer keep the order rather than give it back to Nissan, I cannot say. Maybe that Nissan has treated us like garbage while the dealer, up to that point, had tried to help us. Hardly really matters, since by the time these cars actually show up, the Tennessee plant will probably be turning out cars at full steam.

I have the dubious honor of being the exception mentioned in the caption of this thread. I still have no date for the SL, although they tell me it is at the port being processed (installing splash guards, etc.) However, I received an email from Nissan congratulating me on taking delivery of my Leaf (the SV) and promising to refund my $99. Of course I have not taken delivery or even seen that SV. I think it is at the dealer's but I'm not sure of that. I am concerned that someone in the system will get confused and think I've got my car and move that SL they have for me at the port to someone else, but I can only continue to have faith, as it were. For purposes of this thread, the September order (i.e. the SV) has probably been fulfilled even for me, at least by Nissan standards.

Back