August order - dashboard updated to December 2011 delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkidd

I received confirmation of my Leaf order on August 10th from Nissan and have been going back forth about my exterior color choice. Today the hyperlink that allowed me to edit my exterior color choice disappeared.
Is this good news that my order is starting to proceed through the system even though it is still listed as "pending."
Has anyone else with a pending order noticed this change?

Update: Sept 9th dashboard now reports December 2011 delivery date!!!

TomT said:
Yes, this is normal behavior. It basically means your order is now locked and and not subject to further changes...

Thanks, I guess that makes fretting over the color easier now.... Blue Ocean it is!

lukati said:
rkidd said:
Today the hyperlink that allowed me to edit my exterior color choice disappeared.
Don't see a hyperlink. Where was it?

On mine it was a hyperlink "edit" right beside the exterior color name in my order summary in the "Order your Nissan Leaf" tab. It had been there ever since my order was confirmed, but disappeared just today.

rkidd said:
Thanks, I guess that makes fretting over the color easier now.... Blue Ocean it is!
I changed my color from silver to Blue Ocean, then wasn't sure if I had made the right choice (hadn't seen the production color, I believe). Tried to change it again, but it was locked. Boy, did I luck out (I think you did too)! I love the Blue Ocean, it is the best color of blue I have ever seen. The women at my work all love the color and the car, too. They think it is "cute". Who ever thought a Leaf could be a chick magnet? :cool:

Stoaty said:
rkidd said:
I changed my color from silver to Blue Ocean, then wasn't sure if I had made the right choice (hadn't seen the production color, I believe). Tried to change it again, but it was locked. Boy, did I luck out (I think you did too)! I love the Blue Ocean, it is the best color of blue I have ever seen. The women at my work all love the color and the car, too. They think it is "cute". Who ever thought a Leaf could be a chick magnet? :cool:

Thanks Stoaty, the other color I was considering was silver also. Let's keep the chick magnet thing between me and you though, the wife may insist on an immediate call to Nissan to change the color back to silver :lol:

rkidd said:
On mine it was a hyperlink "edit" right beside the exterior color name in my order summary in the "Order your Nissan Leaf" tab. It had been there ever since my order was confirmed, but disappeared just today.
I vaguely remember that link. But it isn't there now so I guess I moved up one step on the ladder. ;)

Aeolus said:
I got an email, and my delivery date for my 2012 LEAF is now Month of November 2011. Yeah!

It is interesting that your order was placed 2 days after mine and you have a November date where mine is December. Where are you located? Could it be that we are just a few days apart but in different months?

Aeolus said:
I got an email, and my delivery date for my 2012 LEAF is now Month of November 2011. Yeah!

My dashboard was just updated to delivery date of Month of December 2011 (Aug 10th order date).
I guess that cross country travel to VA is delaying mine a month also ;)

Awesome, in that case it is possible that your car in SoCal will arrive towards the end of November and mine one or two weeks after that (after traveling the long way to the eastern seaboard)

EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!!!

My delivery was updated to month of November on 8/11/11 but I'm in the midwest (Chicago) -- color choice was Cayenne Red; perhaps just a bit closer than Atlanta but we'll see if/when it changes. The other good news is that my dealer was shipped an '11 SL w/cold package demo car just this past week --

Add me to the list of August orders that now have a date of December 2011.

I was hoping for a month or two later since I have to tow it 1100 miles and the weather could be "interesting" and the days are very short in December. I'll manage. U-Haul is being recalcitrant about renting me a tow dolly so I may buy one; I'll need it again anyway.

Back