Average time from when you got the 7 day email to delivery?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adaminla

I'm in the happy position of receiving a new car in the near future but have found that the 7 day to dealer email was completely incorrect. I received it 14 days ago and the dealer has still not received the car.

Any one with a similar situation? My dealer is 20 miles from the port and they are showing the car in transit since last Friday.

I'm currently 21 days and counting since I got my 7-day email, but mine may be a special case. At least five of us have gotten double VINs assigned, so you might want to check for that on the Nissan Owner's page.

For at least two of us in that category it appears that we may have gotten the email for the first VIN but our dashboard date (and reality) may be reflecting the second VIN.

Ray

Thanks for the tip. Just checked the page and only see one VIN# and it's the same as the past and what the dealer shows assigned to me. They apparently know it's coming but have not seen it arrive. Last week, they expected it any day and now they are advising me to expect it this weekend.

Funny story is that I always register for unimportant sites with my cat's name. When the leaf order page opened last year I used his name and have not been able to change it. The guys at the dealer keep calling me the cat's name...

adaminla said:
Funny story is that I always register for unimportant sites with my cat's name. When the leaf order page opened last year I used his name and have not been able to change it. The guys at the dealer keep calling me the cat's name...
Better bring the cat along to pick the car...he might have to sign for it!

even funnier is that if this cat is put in a car, he assumes he will be tortured and reacts accordingly. We have not tried to put him in a car since he ruined the carpet of a Mustang 10 years ago...

adaminla said:
Any one with a similar situation?
When I got my 7 day email, I called the dealer to find out if they had a more accurate estimate and was told they were backing my LEAF off the truck right then! They wanted to prep the car overnight though so I didn't pick it up until the next day...

planet4ever said:
I'm currently 21 days and counting since I got my 7-day email, but mine may be a special case. At least five of us have gotten double VINs assigned, so you might want to check for that on the Nissan Owner's page.

For at least two of us in that category it appears that we may have gotten the email for the first VIN but our dashboard date (and reality) may be reflecting the second VIN.

I received my email on Mar 24, currently with a DB delivery of week of Apr 13. I fall into the category of ordered one Leaf but have two VINs. This long delay may be due to this issue so could mess up the "normal" time between email and actual delivery

davewill said:
adaminla said:
Better bring the cat along to pick the car...he might have to sign for it!

ROTFL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

planet4ever said:

Ray

I'm in the same "special case" as Ray (well, slightly different in that my 2nd VIN isn't showing up on my dashboard, but it DOES show up on my Dealer's Dashboard... strange, no?)
I'm also 21 days since the 7day email, and still showing "week of April 1" for delivery date. Guess that means I can expect my Leaf tomorrow... or not :?

Am in the even happier position of knowing that the car is officially at the dealer now. So the dashboard clock was correct in it's estimation of 'week of april 6' but the 7 day email hyping it's arrival was 10 days too early.

So in my case, the 7 day email arrived 17 days before the car arrived at the dealer's lot.

My guess is that there are two different groups doing different things at the same time.

Does everyone necessarily GET a 7-day email?

I ordered in October, and had my dashboard delivery date go from April to May to pending to June.

Then last week I got my VIN (meaning, I assume, that the car was in Long Beach) and CarWings signup.

Tonight I peeked at the dashboard again and discovered that it now says "week of April 22nd".

I suppose it's still possible that I might receive the 7-day email within the next day or so, and still hit the (end of the) "week of April 22". Then again, with all that I've seen in the forums about dates bouncing around and various VIN issues and such, I'm not sure I believe anything until the dealer tells me the car has actually arrived...

Today is the latest I was "supposed" to get my car. I still have DB saying week of April 14th. And no 7-day e-mail. CS said that it does not matter if you get the 7-day e-mail or not.

lemketron said:
Does everyone necessarily GET a 7-day email?

I ordered in October, and had my dashboard delivery date go from April to May to pending to June.

Then last week I got my VIN (meaning, I assume, that the car was in Long Beach) and CarWings signup.

Tonight I peeked at the dashboard again and discovered that it now says "week of April 22nd".

I suppose it's still possible that I might receive the 7-day email within the next day or so, and still hit the (end of the) "week of April 22". Then again, with all that I've seen in the forums about dates bouncing around and various VIN issues and such, I'm not sure I believe anything until the dealer tells me the car has actually arrived...
OK, so I got my 7-day email this morning. Dealer says my car is not "on his list" but evidently that happens sometimes. Unfortunately they have no idea when it might show up so I guess I just wait like everyone else, but at least I know to hurry up and get my financing pre-approval!

Back