Bad Power Distribution Module? Check In Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still dealing with this issue. I just bought a 2103 SL that will charge fine with the trickle and 240/3.3 kw chargers that we have but when I hook it up to my L2 charger (versicharger) at home it will randomly shut off anywhere between 30 min to 1.5 hours. We took it to the dealer once already and they thought it was the charger so I replaced it (another versicharge). It still did it so I replaced it again with a different one(EV Power pros). It did it again last night. We are bringing it back to the dealer today to swap out and try a different one at home so they can play with it at the dealer. I will tell them about the PDM update. any other suggestions?

Bought 2015 Leaf SV with 30 miles on January 22, 2016. Got it home and it wouldn't charge. Took it back to the dealership on January 23rd where my Leaf remains. Dealer advises it needs a new PDM. Way to make a first impression Nissan.

On my 3rd PDM in 90 days and it just failed this afternoon. The first 2 happened while plugged into a CHAdeMO fast charger and the 3rd while plugged into my L1 charger in the driveway.

Nissan Canada covered 40% of the 1st PDM failure (it still cost me well north of $4000 CDN). The 2nd was covered under the 1st unit's warranty. I've not yet had the 3rd unit inpected and will have the car towed to the dealership in the AM.

I'm really concerned this is a widespread problem that Nissan my not be talking about. I think there might be cause for a Class Action suit or recall to remedy.

I've completely lost confidence in the car and may very well just sell it. I can't risk having the car die far from home.

Yes, the replacement for the 1st failed PDM was installed by the dealer that sold us the car. The 3rd PDM failure happened yesterday afternoon and I'll be taking it to the same dealership today for diagnostics and repair. The car has been in the shop most of the last 90 days due to PDMs being back-ordered...which I also find concerning.

It may well be the case that what they are telling you is true. Just keep in mind that Nissan dealerships have told some pretty far-fetched stories about Leaf problems. I wouldn't say that it's impossible that they screwed up the PDM installation, not once but twice...

My 2013 Leaf just broke down the day before yesterday after charging it with the Chademo port for the first time at charging station in Tukwila WA. Now it doesn’t shift to anything other than P and N, and doesn’t take a charge. I had to tow it home. Strong suspicion it was the PDM that was fried. Called the dealership and they said they have one other Leaf that had the same issue: PDM failed after charging with Chademo port, and that customer (not me) was quoted $5000 just for parts ($6000+ including labor). Now I don’t even know if it’s worth it to tow my brick to them and have them tell me it’s the PDM.

Back