Battery Drain Again

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voganni

I sure hope Nissan is paying attention to all these dead batteries. My 2013S tried to do it again after a charging session last night. Two weeks to the day since the last time. Always happens after charging.

Tried to make it to the dealer in Spokane today while it was in "drain" mode, but couldn't leave till 11 am, so cancelled the trip. I'm getting real good at resetting the computer. It only takes about a 1 second break to reset the battery drain to normal. All the audio settings will be saved this way. Only have to reset the startup sounds and dash clock.

Yes, the brakes feel funky when the 12v is dead. I bought a jack from an Altima, and carry a plug kit and flashlight. Not quite ready to do a spare tire mod on a leased car!

My standard MO now is to put the car on the battery tender immediately after charge. If the light doesn't turn green after 15 minutes or so, I grab the voltmeter and check the battery. This way I can catch it before the battery is dead. Someday I'll manage to get it to the dealer! Or maybe someone else will get the problem diagnosed. If it wasn't such an amazing car in all other respects, I'd be mad!

Wait, are we talking about the same thing here (minus tire problems):

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=14781" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can you post more details if you are talking about the same 12V drain issue.

Sorry. I've made several posts about this ongoing problem, so didn't want to revisit all the details. All my previous posts are still on the site. This drain issue will not go away until the battery is disconnected momentarily. So it can be happening, draining the battery, until finally you wind up with it dead, like the OP. That has already happened twice. Once to almost dead, wouldn't start the car and caused multiple computer failure modes. Once to stone dead, wouldn't even turn on the dome light. And 4 or so times when I've caught it early like last night.

I was just going to post another update to my saga, then saw the OP's story. My brakes also felt strange the time the battery was too dead to start the car, but still had a few volts in it.

voganni said:
Sorry. I've made several posts about this ongoing problem, so didn't want to revisit all the details. All my previous posts are still on the site. This drain issue will not go away until the battery is disconnected momentarily. So it can be happening, draining the battery, until finally you wind up with it dead, like the OP.
We have more than 10,000 users registered on this board, and many of them have more than a 100 posts each. Quite a few of us have more than 1000 posts. It's too much to keep up with unless the related posts are on a single thread. You said "like the OP," but you are the OP for this thread. Did you perhaps hit "new topic" when you meant to hit "post reply"?

Despite my 4000+ posts in three and half years I have probably started fewer than 20 threads. I always use a Google search for existing discussion when I am tempted to.

Ray

I'm a bit of a newbie to forum protocol, sorry. I was referring to Lion's issue with the dead battery and flat tire in one day. Ironically, I got a nail in my right rear tire the day after my post!

So, should I go back to a previous thread of mine when reporting additional information about a previous topic? I do realize now that I was responding to his post, and starting a new thread at the same time. My bad.

Back