BLINK Billing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turnover

I just got my BLINK billing for May 2014. I found I was billed $5 for a 1minute 18second session that failed on 5/22 @ the Clackamas quick charger. I was alerted to the failure by my member BLINK app, stopped what I was doing, and walked out and rebooted the machine. I then was successful at getting a full charge. I've requested an account credit.

You may want to go over your bill as today is the new bill issuing date for BLINK.

Thanks Crystal. Very timely and fair. I'll note this on PlugShare. - Pat

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 2, 2014, at 10:07 AM, "Crystal Mears" <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for contacting the Blink Network. It is our goal to make EV charging an increasingly easier, more understandable, and better total experience for any EV driver utilizing our services. We have investigated the session history under your account and it looks like you have incurred additional fees Due to a charger malfunction. As a valued Blink member, we have gone ahead and issued a one-time credit of $5 to your account for the time when little or no energy was dispensed. We have set the unit for service and it should be up and running in little time.

As the Blink infrastructure continues to grow, our charging rates also grow to meet the demand of newer vehicles being released into the market.

We will also be rolling out kWh based pricing to the Blink Network over the coming months, in states where state PUC’s have passed laws that allows for billing by kWh – among other pricing changes we are considering, such as shorter time periods. We’ll be communicating more about this as we get closer to rolling out these changes.

If you have any questions, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at (888) 998-BLINK or at [email protected].

Thank you for choosing Blink Network and have a great day!

Turnover said:
in states where state PUC’s have passed laws that allows for billing by kWh

Wow, that's interesting. I never thought about it, but I bet many states will call you an electric company if you try to sell electricity by the kWh. Makes sense why every charger I have ever seen was time or session based. I wonder if they are allowed to do this in Oregon and Washington?

Turnover said:
We will also be rolling out kWh based pricing to the Blink Network over the coming months, in states where state PUC’s have passed laws that allows for billing by kWh – among other pricing changes we are considering, such as shorter time periods. We’ll be communicating more about this as we get closer to rolling out these changes.
That's good news! Hopefully they will be doing this both for QC and L2 stations - and hopefully they won't increase the total rates, much, too, but given the billing rates of their other stations I'm not holding my breath.

pkulak said:
Turnover said:
in states where state PUC’s have passed laws that allows for billing by kWh

Wow, that's interesting. I never thought about it, but I bet many states will call you an electric company if you try to sell electricity by the kWh. Makes sense why every charger I have ever seen was time or session based. I wonder if they are allowed to do this in Oregon and Washington?
I can confirm that it is legal to bill by KWh in Oregon for electric vehicle charging. :D

Back