Blink chargers in SF Bay Area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaryC

I have noticed in the last week that the Blink network is starting to install charge locations in the SF Bay Area. Has anyone in this area gotten a card to access them? I requested one a while back and have not yet received it. I like that they are installing them up in Sonoma county, as that would be useful for me.

MaryC said:
I have noticed in the last week that the Blink network is starting to install charge locations in the SF Bay Area. Has anyone in this area gotten a card to access them? I requested one a while back and have not yet received it. I like that they are installing them up in Sonoma county, as that would be useful for me.

Where are these?

http://www.blinknetwork.com/locator.html

Check on the map that there is 7 locations for the SF Bay Area. I like the one coming to the Sonoma town square.

MaryC said:
http://www.blinknetwork.com/locator.html

Check on the map that there is 7 locations for the SF Bay Area. I like the one coming to the Sonoma town square.

Still pathetic. Not one in SF, Oakland, North Bay, a few scattered clearly by request. It is crazy there are a couple in remote areas before SF where they have their headquarters, but that was only because they had to move it here for political reasons. So no EVSE even close to their home office, not remotely. Says quite a bit.

While there are a quite a number of chargers in the Peninsula off 101 (at Redwood City, Stanford mall, Volkswagen Research labs etc etc), there is NOTHING anywhere near 880 (Fremont/Union City) or 680 in the East Bay corridor.

Just wondering why....

mxp said:
While there are a quite a number of chargers in the Peninsula off 101 (at Redwood City, Stanford mall, Volkswagen Research labs etc etc), there is NOTHING anywhere near 880 (Fremont/Union City) or 680 in the East Bay corridor.

Just wondering why....

Most of these companies seem poorly managed, at least Charge Point has had a few about the bay area early on. Regardless it's really a bit of a joke and poor use of taxpayer funds so far.

mxp said:

Just wondering why....

Actually there are quite a few in south Fremont near the Tesla plant. I've updated the RECARGO map last week to reflect that.

My employer (which shall remained unnamed) installed 3 Blink chargers. These are however not available to the general public and are not shown in the Blink map.

greenleaf said:
My employer (which shall remained unnamed) installed 3 Blink chargers. These are however not available to the general public and are not shown in the Blink map.

Hi Greenleaf, are you referring to the Fremont/Newark area?

yoyofella said:
greenleaf said:

Hi Greenleaf, are you referring to the Fremont/Newark area?
Santa Clara / Sunnyvale.

Back