BMW ActiveE spotted

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw my first ActiveE at South Coast Plaza this morning.

IMG_0579.jpg

I saw an ActiveE in the service department at a local BMW dealer when taking my other car in for service. One of the service guys said the ActiveE may have some reliability/service issues.

Probably the same guy that says all the Volt batteries are going to explode and that all the Leafs die in the summer heat...
tailgate1234 said:
I saw an ActiveE in the service department at a local BMW dealer when taking my other car in for service. One of the service guys said the ActiveE may have some reliability/service issues.

I was at the Outlets in Gilroy around 6 PM today (Friday) and plugged in while my wife and I went over to Erik's to eat. It's only ten miles from home, so I normally wouldn't bother, but I forgot to plug in last night and was pretty low. Neither EVSE was in use when I arrived, but when we got back to the car someone was parked next to us. My first reaction was, "ICEd!" My wife's, from behind our car, was, "How come that car has an EV plug sticking into the gas tank filler?" By that time I'd seen that it was a BMW. No decals, but I'm sure it was an ActiveE. I must admit I hadn't even realized they existed in the wild. Nice looking car!

Ray

TomT said:
Probably the same guy that says all the Volt batteries are going to explode and that all the Leafs die in the summer heat...
tailgate1234 said:

Fact: on Thursday there was an ActiveE in the service department at a particular BMW dealer in the SF Bay Area. The same EV was there the next day. A service advisor told me the ActiveE had issues, not some moron who doesn't know what he's talking about.

tailgate1234 said:

Some of the early one's have a problem with a "drivetrain malfunction" which is supposedly corrected by a firmware update. The update appears to add more regen, also. Some cars are appearing to be more problematic than others, which is somewhat scary. I've had no problems in 300 miles, but I'm led to believe the problems start happening about now. (Net Leaf miles in this period--8)

I've been told that mine (delivery date of 3/1) has this update. But, I'm expecting issues. I've gotten the rear-end a little loose over bumps in a curve a couple of times so far, feels real good.

Back