Boulder destoys portion of house in Italy

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmermd

Amazing photos and video of a rockslide that destroyed what looks to me like the winery portion of a farmhouse in Italy. A second boulder stopped just short of the front door to the house otherwise the entire place would have been destroyed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/boulder-crushes-italian-farm-home-feet-article-1.1595700" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boulder30n-1-web.jpg

boulder30n-3-web.jpg

Crazy!

Too bad they don't have Video of the boulders coming down the mountain slope and hitting the house. Now that would be Awesome!!!!

I guess they should have built a boulder "moat" on the high side (or something)!

MikeD said:
I guess they should have built a boulder "moat" on the high side (or something)!
I've seen special designs to mitigate avalanche damage for slope side homes in Aspendell, a mountain area in Sierra Nevada, just NW of Bishop, CA. To deviate a boulder that size would need a massive steel reinforced masonry structure.... It'd look pretty surreal. Let's get started now. ;-)

Back