California Central Coast LEAFers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boomer23 said:
Glad to see you so excited about this, Dave. You did a great job on the maps.

Great idea to loop around the LA basin, though we might not have to go so far east. The So Cal Edison CTAC site has many free, solar powered charge points in Irwindale near the 605 and the 210. But Fontana Nissan has been such a great dealership, it'd be great to involve them.

As I said, I'd love to ride the route from Costa Mesa to as far as Oceanside, either as the relay driver or as part of a convoy.

We are highjacking the wrong thread, but I included Fontana and North Bay even though they are "out of the way" since they have been so helpful to the board. Also, it allows more people to participate in the urban areas. I've also done a 4 day route (Fri to Mon) if 600 miles a day is just too much. In the end, it'll be up to the Southern Oregon group if they can get us from Eugene to Medford and Medford to Redding. If not, I think we should do a 2 day Redding to San Ysidro trip.

I could do Paso to Santa Maria....no need to stop in SLO unless John wants to drive a segment as well. However, if this is on Labor Day weekend, I'm out of the picture. :(

I've posted this on the Nissan's Leaf facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/nissanleaf

Anyone with Nissan contacts, let them know, in case they don't read the facebook posting.

Not sure the best thread to put this in, but "ChargeIt!" made this nice table showing which of the public Tesla HPCs have been converted to J1772 so far:
attachment.php

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/3093-Nissan-Leaf?p=70094#post70094

Apparently the original post that contains TEG's above post's referenced image was updated ... causing the link to the original image to break.

Here's the original post with updated info: Tesla Charging Stations converted to J-1772

Click on the "Attached Thumbnails" to get a current/updated copy of the image. All those converted Tesla stations should work no problem charging a LEAF ... and it looks like some have actually been used for exactly that purpose, according to the comments on EVChargerMaps.

mgoleta said:
Welcome thew. It nice to see another local on the board.

You to!.. We should meet up some time.. MY Silver Leaf is expected in August.. But I am happy to meet up in my ZAP :)..

WE must organize some Abelskiver Runs to Solvang :)

thew said:
Picking up my Silver LEAF tommorw!.
That is excellent. Congrats. Ask Gordon if you can enter your CA rebate reservation while you are there picking up the car. What do you plan on doing with the ZAP?

I have now seen 3 other LEAFs in the Goleta area besides mine. A blue one lives only about a mile from us.

mgoleta said:
thew said:
Picking up my Silver LEAF tommorw!.
That is excellent. Congrats. Ask Gordon if you can enter your CA rebate reservation while you are there picking up the car. What do you plan on doing with the ZAP?

I have now seen 3 other LEAFs in the Goleta area besides mine. A blue one lives only about a mile from us.

Gordon took care of the Rebate today when we drove it :).. I will be trading the ZAP in for the LEAF.. and Tossing in a Cherry 2001 Honda CRV

LindaK said:
Thew, what do you think of your new car? :)

1000 miles and counting.. 2 trips to Solvang via the Pass for Abelskivers :).. One trip to Buellton following my ICE 4x4 Van as it was towed to my Shop for Repair for Rat Attack!.. Yes they destroyed the Spark Plug wires and more..

Very funny to Follow a Tow Truck on the 101 in your 100% EV LEAF Towing your ICE 4x4 .. Also Rescued a Friend that ran our of gas in there H3 Hummer :)..

All in all I love the LEAF.. ITs perfect for the average trip.. Very comfortable and and easy to drive. IN-fact the Batteries weight being placed on the floor makes the LEAF very able in corners. Not quite as good as my RX8.. But just as fun to drive.. With the LEAFS torque and Handling its a Blast to drive.. I also seem to attract ICE racers. 3 times now I have had a Mustang , BMW and a JAG all rev up next to me on a stop light.. To there surprise they can never keep up off the line :) ...

As for $.. I still have yet to feel it on our Electric Bill.. As we are solar powered and bank our power with our Off Grid Ready Battery pack we have not noticed any additional cost to our electric bill ..
I love making my own electricity to drive on :)..

Loving the LEAF..

The Sustainability Project is presenting an advance screening of the "Revenge of the Electric Car" documentary at the Marjorie Luke Theatre in Santa Barbara on Wednesday October 5,2011. There is an EV car show from 5:30 - 7:00PM and the film and panel discussion from 7:00 - 9:30PM. $10 donation for advance purchase and $15 at the door.

Link to the movie trailer http://www.revengeoftheelectriccar.com/

gascant said:
Have the Central Coast LEAFers had any meet ups yet?
No. I
have been trying to get a meet up in solvang perhaps but so far no response.....also I'll see you at the Luke for the revenge of the evs

Hi Thew.....it's hard to find a good spot for a meet up. Not sure I could make it to Solvang from Morro Bay (78 miles of freeway driving), and would certainly need a full charge to get home! We're all just too darn spread out around here! (course that's why we like it, right?) Could you do Santa Maria? Maybe we could all meet at Nissan there and use their chargers? :)

So glad you're enjoying your LEAF. Mine has 5100 miles on it now, and I too enjoy the drive, and the PV energy I put into it from my rooftop!

Back