Can’ put in drive,reverse or neutral my Nissan leaf 2018

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alin nistor

Hello everyone I had a problem with my Nissan.The car start but don’t let me put in drive or anything else,it says to pull out charging cable first(but the cable is already out).Code is P31D8-13(charging connector lock rly).Please help.at least how can I put the car in neutral.

Attachments

• IMG_8947.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8950.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Your charging lock is defective or the cable is damaged/unclipped. Annoyingly that will immobilize your car.

The lock sits on top of your charging port, and if you open your hood, there is a little square cutout in the plastic trim over the charging port that allows you to peek in and see the lock. If you then press the charging door open button in your car or on your key, you can see a tiny little plastic gear on the side of the lock rotating. With your fingers, you can also move this gear. By rotating it as much as you can one way or the other, it's usually possible to disengage the lock and get the car driving again.

There is a plastic gear inside the locking mechanism that commonly breaks or loses teeth and causes this issue. The only solution is replacing the lock.

Your charging lock is defective or the cable is damaged/unclipped. Annoyingly that will immobilize your car.

The lock sits on top of your charging port, and if you open your hood, there is a little square cutout in the plastic trim over the charging port that allows you to peek in and see the lock. If you then press the charging door open button in your car or on your key, you can see a tiny little plastic gear on the side of the lock rotating. With your fingers, you can also move this gear. By rotating it as much as you can one way or the other, it's usually possible to disengage the lock and get the car driving again.

There is a plastic gear inside the locking mechanism that commonly breaks or loses teeth and causes this issue. The only solution is replacing it

Yes I know that but in my car works well.after I pull out the charging cable the car engaged again and lock the cable even if the cable isn’t there.so that mecanism is working is just that the car doesn’t know that I pull out the cable

"There is a plastic gear inside the locking mechanism that commonly breaks or loses teeth and causes this issue. The only solution is replacing the lock."

There is a replacement gear now available through eBay for the ZE1.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256450437533

I havn't had the need to buy one yet so can't vouch for its effectiveness or longevity.

So even when manually engaging or disengaging the charge lock, it still refuses to drive and shows the charging port engaged? The car is entirely immobilized?

Then the lock's feedback line or resistor is broken. That requires either replacing the entire lock or opening it up and measuring/replacing that resistor.

So even when manually engaging or disengaging the charge lock, it still refuses to drive and shows the charging port engaged? The car is entirely immobilized?

Then the lock's feedback line or resistor is broken. That requires either replacing the entire lock or opening it up and measuring/replacing that resistor.
I just had same problem and it ended up being corrosion on heating harness. Cost me $200 to toe to dealership and $600 repair bill. said it would have been $3200 for new harness but luckily the repaired corrosion.

I just had same problem and it ended up being corrosion on heating harness. Cost me $200 to toe to dealership and $600 repair bill. said it would have been $3200 for new harness but luckily the repaired corrosion.
If his will not even go into neutral it is a different problem. I think those that have centered the attention on the charge plug are on the money.

Back